1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

With how much talent we have on our roster, Butler’s opportunities will be minimized to the point he’ll only be a little better then EG’s production. No way is he worth EG and Tucker’s production.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Very interesting. How does that long ass post have anything to do with people laughing at @basketballholic and then cyber confirming he was right?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Am I the only one who read the Stefano tweet as EGo+PJ is not on the table. There's literally a comma between "Minny is admanat about receiving EGo+PJ" and "but Houston won't add PJ."

I feel like I'm the only one reading that as PJ+EGo is not on the table, but Minny is adamant about both....not that PJ-only is not on the table.

[​IMG]

#5203 heypartner, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. Nook

Nook Member

That is how I read it as well.

I will be curious to know how involved Tilman is in this whole process.

He was extremely involved with the UH football program.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i kinda agree but tucker and ego seems easier to replace or find elsewhere than an allstar
    btw we have Gary Clark!

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

We r better off with PJ and EGo. Let’s run this squad, and go get it.

Crashlanded19, saleem and bballjunkie like this.
  7. heypartner

It's not a long ass post, when the majority of it is quotes. Here, I'll keep it simple for you.

You seem stuck on some speculator narrative theatrics. Minny calling us, confirms cyberx isn't just someone saying something, like your ongoing narrative prior implied. Wasn't your position always that "There's nothing to see here, ppl."
    and cyberx didn't confirm 'holic was right. That's your misread. You can read my post, but I can see why you wouldn't, because it looks too long ass to you.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

He's very involved. He and his sons work closely with our FO.

DonKnock, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

The tweet doesn't deny or confirm that Tucker alone is available either.

HP3 and DonKnock like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Cyber said that guy is right. That guy said PJ wasn't being offered. 'Holic said PJ wasn't being offered. What did I miss here?
    You seem to be stuck on defending someone who isn't being attacked in response to me defending someone this one time for posting correct info. Whether he pulled it out of his ass or whether he deserves the hate is a different story.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and gary clark!

eman and Deckard like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

So I just clicked on all the new articles to read that I have missed and this is the first sentence that my eyes fell on

o_O
    what the..

jch1911, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is how true human beings talk... i love you malakas

jch1911, saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

For shiits and giggles we can say its Gerald Green.

Do you prefer tuck/ego over butler/green? I dont.

Butler is worth both in a vacuum. In a vacuum you trade both to get butler because he represents both of them combined in one player and ultimately raising your ceiling.

This isnt a vacuum tho. In this climate with the risk of him getting injured and/or walking, coupled with the limited market hes not worth both.

It's more about the economics of the market more so than the product.

Ultimately, if it came down to it, I wouldn't have tucker untouchable. I would do everything to keep him and if I did include him I would be pulling other assets.

Cp3. Cp3
    Harden. Harden
    Butler. Ennis
    Ennis. Tucker
    Capela. Capela

Melo. Ego
    Gerald. Melo
    Gary Clark. Gerald

If given the option, knowing I can rotate my 3 stars to always have 2 on at once while swapping melo for ego in the 6th man role, I'm choosing the first team all day every day.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

EG plus Tucker is a steep price to pay for Butler.

Here is the fact... There is no way we would be able to get Butler in FA as we got no cap space. Only way is thru trade then sign an extension aka CP3.

So it's a risk we take to get Butler if he walks at the end of the season. Then again, we won't get a chance like this to sign an all star type player given our cap room.

Second question is how replaceable are EG and Tucker?

I think EG is more replaceable plus he will demand a near max deal on his extension. Paying that price for a 6th man is a bid too much.

Tucker has heart but that's not too much value when u consider we could get Butler. Ariza and moute is a perfect example.

I think Morey is trying to get Butler without both eg and Tucker throw in.

16. heypartner

nope, he said Stefano Fasoro was correct (wrt our OWN Picks). It's a misread on your part. PJ-only was offered and rejected already, and the Fasoro tweet confirms Minny's bigger demands. It's all in my "long ass post" of cyberx quotes.

Now answer my question: Isn't your whole point in this thread to say that nobody knows anything?

Deuce, DonKnock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would you trade klay for kevin love back then?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Glad I'm not alone in that observation.

DonKnock and steddinotayto like this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

Mbah a Moute would have made Tucker expendable, but Tillman was too cheap to pay him. Will Tillman’s penny-pinching end up costing us Butler?

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You don't know it was Tillman's penny pinching. (You and Carl Herrera can start an I Hate Tillman Meetup Group.) We would have only had part of the MLE to offer anyway; and Moute's constant injuries (the same shoulder) might have made the team go in a different direction.

Moute was so stank by the end of the season (afraid of re-re-injury?) he wasn't even in the rotation.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.