1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Chill

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

it was a joke. Seems like Presti is always targeting players we want.

3. esketit

esketit Member

walk away

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yeah especially considering how much thibs loves his dengs -- he would've taken a lakers package with luol deng as the centerpiece in a heartbeat.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Player A 2017-2018:
    FG%: 47.4%
    3PT%: 35%
    FT%: 85.4%
    TS%: 59%

Player B 2017-2018:
    FG%: 44.9%
    3PT%: 36.7%
    FT%: 85.8%
    TS%: 61.9%

One is your chucker and one is the reigning MVP

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That would be a great haul for Minny, but if it's Kuzma + Ball, then they have to throw in KCP. If Lakers are losing all those guys, it sucks for us, but it also means they are just as unlikely as before to beat us so there's that I guess. The loss of depth is heavy, and they're already rocking the worst starting C in the league.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

butler and chucking don't correlate

8. steddinotayto

I think you're right about KCP needing to give the OK to be traded too so there's two things that are preventing the Lakers from using KCP in this deal.

Unless the Lakers decide to go full r****d and trade Ingram AND Ball for Butler, I don't see how LA can get Jimmy before opening night and if they wait until December things might change by then to where Butler might not be available.

Mathloom likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

I like chuckers with the following heatmap:

Jimmy Butler.png

apollo33 and YOLO like this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is ubsurdly innaccurate. I love pj tucker as a baller. Was really high on him in Phoenix. watched him evolve Toronto's defense and recognize how great he was for us. But their is a reason he makes mle money and a reason why he is called a role player.

3 points.

1. In no way is pj as good or as important as the donkey. Donkey is severely underrated and overlooked because he is likely a top 5-10 defender of all time. He is a gahdam magician on defense.

2. Pj tucker is a role player. He does the grit, he does the grind, he was wildly important LAST year. But, he is old and replaceable. He was amazing in his ROLE. That's it. He did just enough from the corners and was great on defense.

3. Butler gives you everything tucker does defensively and gives you everything Gordon does offensively. That's all production outgoing incoming in one spot. Allowing you to add another player to the fold and reach a higher ceiling.

hajkov and Jake Tower like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just imagine if jimmy refused to show up to media day & training camp next week. then we'd be in the driver's seat

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

PJ Tuckers are replaceable

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

this was back in april during the wolves-rockets 1st round playoff series, but just thought it was interesting in case anyone missed it -

via marc stein (nytimes)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/sports/jimmy-butler-minnesota-timberwolves.html
    The All-Star forward Jimmy Butler comes across as the proudest former resident in the history of tiny Tomball, Texas. What he doesn’t advertise in his Twitter biography, but also doesn’t dispute, is that he grew up dreaming of becoming a Houston Rocket like his hero Tracy McGrady.

“It was Houston everything for me,” said Butler, who grew up in Tomball, roughly 30 miles from Houston’s city center. “Whatever sport I was in love with at the time, I wanted to be playing for the Houston Rockets, Houston Astros, Houston Texans. I was Houston to the death.”
    --
    “To be playing against Houston and a lot of guys I really respect on the opposing team, it means a lot, too"

Hui, joshuaao, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  14. craguin

craguin Member

Re: KCP, per Eric Pincus:
    Trade Kickers - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope — 15 percent, Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
    No-Trade: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (implicit)
    Deadlines
    • 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Rajon Rondo, Michael Beasley, Joel Berry II, Jonathan Williams, Jeffrey Carroll, LeBron James, JaVale McGee, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Lance Stephenson.

#494 craguin, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    DonKnock, Deuce, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If the Wolves want young players to pair with Towns they should trade him for ZAch LaVine, Kris Dunn a d lauri Markanne

luckyman76, Vivi, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not against the Warriors, you wont.

17. amaru

amaru Member

any updates after the Timberbulls meeting?

18. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

that's funny

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pull up then

kevC likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Makes the most sense and always has.

They have a lot of young decent talent. Probably won't include ball or ingram.

But kuzma, hart, kcp and a 1st works salary wise and it really balances out their roster for a full youth build.

If I'm minny that is better than ego and tucker.

Literally the only hope we have as a base is thibs maintains enough control and desire to stay competetive.

Or we trade ego for some type of nice asset package in a 3rd team deal.