1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. xaos

xaos Member

I still haven't slept since this post on page 112

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

If EG, Nene are the players involved from the rumor then im sure there are multiple picks that the rockets have to give up.Maybe a 1st and 2nd too. Doesnt make sense fir them to take Nene at his age, but checking his deal, he only has 7 mil left for this yr and next, thus a filler

#3362 zcarenow, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nene is salary cap filler. Gordan, multiple first round picks (2 or 3), and second round picks could do it unless someone jumps in willing to trade a future all-star for him and whoever that is would have to have salary cap fillers as well. Doesn't sound like any of the contenders other than the Rockets want to make that kind of play for him. I think Miami is our main competition. I think Morey may be hesitant to give up all those picks and may get out bid. I hope not. If you ever watch Shark Tank, sometimes you fart around too long trying to make the best deal and lose out. I hope Morey just overwhelms them with picks and gets it done.

Game7 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes, I meant Thorton.

5. RightTooCensor

>Gorgui Dieng and Nene to the Kings

>Zach Randolph, Kosta Koufos, Eric Gordon, and Zhou Qi to the Timberwolves

>Jimmy Butler to the Rockets

>>Wolves send a second round pick to the Kings.

>>Rockets send two first round picks to the Wolves.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets will trade Zhou. No reason for the Wolves to want him and we won't give up an Asian asset for no reason.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

What Thorton is on any of the teams mentioned?

Game7 likes this.
  8. megastahr

Not enough for sac to take dieng will require at least a 1st if not a young player.

I think minny would prefer stein as he is a younger more talented player and good friends with Kat.

The reported deal works in the trade machine and makes sense. Just need picks involved to make it happen

9. basketballholic

If that is really the offer straight up for Butler the Wolves would have already done it.

They get two productive wings, a nice TPE, and move further under the tax line for possible future deals. So they'd do that deal in a hot second.

Secondly that deal doesn't work. The Heat have to include Kelly, Dion, JJ, or possibly Tyler Johnson or Goran to make it work.....And then it was way unbalanced in salary to Minnesota and in talent leaving Miami.

Not to mention it's not on the table to begin with. There's no way Miami is giving up both Jriich and Winslow in a deal for Butler.

Now they may do jrich and JJ for Butler. Or possibly Whiteside and Winslow for Butler. But JRich and Winslow....nope.

That's how you know when something is bad information being passed around, when inaccurate info is being intentionally leaked. For Miami to trade both jrich and Winslow for Butler the deal will have to involve other players and will likely involve a pick coming back to Miami.

I have no doubt you legitimately heard this. But it's not accurate.

#3369 basketballholic, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Y2JT and megastahr like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Keep dreaming, Rockets are not giving up 2 first round picks

11. megastahr

I’d say 100% they are

If they are holding on to Tucker it’s the only way we have the assets to even be at the table

12. basketballholic

This is very true. TJ is severely underrated. I'd love to get either him or Frank Mason out of this deal. Both are going to be very good for a long time.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We'd all love to snag Tyus Jones I think. Would be such a great piece to add to this team. True backup guard. Don't see it happening though.

D-rock and yixiixiy like this.
  14. basketballholic

My only burner account is jopatmc and I don't use it. @Clutch can verify that.

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why not? Butler with Bird rights is well worth it. Even if they don't resign him they would get a mininum of 1 back with a Sign and Trade.

16. basketballholic

Me either. He's better than Teague and should be Minnesota's starter. But I could see Sac giving up Mason to help secure a first rounder with whatever salary they took on. Especially if we threw in a future second or a player like Edwards.

And I'd love that. Mason would be terrific tutoring behind Paul.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Keep in mind we are trading for Butler at less than his full value. Minnesota is in somewhat of a desperate situation. Eric Gordon is the key, he's likely as good as any player offered in a trade. Nene is fine here cheap filler and one 1st rounder shouild get it done.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lived in Miami for a long time, Kendall.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member