1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets exploring a Yao Ming trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets25, Dec 27, 2010.

1. herro

herro Member

If we can't land Paul, Thabeet + Mayo, or get Carmelo to agree to be a Rocket well into the future then this would be an excellent deal.

Rashard is a nice guy. I think he's likely to have been humbled after signing that ridiculous deal. He would likely sign another deal with us @ a reasonable cost to come home and play.

Fits the team like a glove as well.

2. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Not kidding about Rashard. However, I doubt Morey wants to touch his contract unless he feels like we are legit contenders... which would involve multiple moves to grab a 2-way legit center.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Honestly I think this puts us in a great posistion to deal with nuggets.

Work out a deal 3 team if need be. Where we give yao and the 8 mil savings for melo (then structure it to fit right money) . Give whatever draft picks we have to. Give up the young talent Bud, Twill, Lee, or even martin.

Get melo and whoever else makes the money work for the any of the above players. Absorb nene with player exception from ariza trade.

thats 8 mil off the books straight up...then another 17 mil expiring with 8 million paid for. We can save nuggets 16 million not counting whatever they will pay in luxury tax. Offer cheap rookie scale contracts and draft picks.

I think yao ming might have just got us melo.

Morey goes for melo and gets nene? I think regardless we have a heck of chance of resigning melo. We wont trade him again and hed have to take a huge paycut.

I think at the very least he doesnt use his ETO and we have him one more year so he guarantees himself 18 mil.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Take out Battier/Nocioni and it is a good deal.

Iguodala is a good player on both ends of the floor, Hawes is a nice young center, and Lou Williams is probably more accustomed to a backup PG role than Brooks is.

There is no way you can convince me that his proposed deal does not improve the team.

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

Rashard Lewis.

2010/11
    $20,514,000

2011/12
    $22,152,000

2012/13
    $23,790,000

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

No, they won't dump them for absolutely nothing. I posted this in the random trade thread a few days ago, and quoted it in this thread too:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5831504&postcount=1986

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

That's a big expiring in 2012/13 :p

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

He does NOT want to come to Houston, so therefore he would NOT sign an extension even if he got traded here.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Good news, flip him for something useful

then sign him in the summer for a small per year deal

It's not like he will play again this season, so technically he still only played in the NBA with a Rockets jersey on

11. trugoy

trugoy Member

Even if they do trade Paul, they have to get back at last ONE premium prospect or premium draft pick. There is no way they will trade him just for expirings.

I could see Philly making a play with Jrue Holiday and Evan turner, or something like that, I just can't see the Rockets having that young prospect that could pull off that trade.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Interesting, rule out Melo and maybe even Nash. Young players with upside or established talent.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Morey would never touch that contract unless Lebron James stole Lewis' identity.

Lewis isn't a FA. He hasn't been humbled in 4 seasons, why would he be now? Especially at 31, he's not going to play good enough to earn his pay. With his stats declining pretty much across the board and his pay increasing and already over 20 mill, battier may actually be the upgrade here.

14. pentajigga

pentajigga Member

Nobody has ever proved the "Yao is a Chinese cash- cow" theory. And this latest turn has me thinking it is a red herring.

They make a few million from ads, and that's probably it. Even though the Rox games are watched by more people there then other teams, the NBA doesnt share rev like that, and Yao hasnt sold a lot of jerseys in China for years.

Wish people would stop talking about this theory like it was fact

1 person likes this.
  15. Prince

Prince Member

wtf, you want to load us with garbage?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't know if he's a cash cow for the Rockets...but I know he's been a cash cow for Les, gaining him entrance into markets in China he'd never been exposed to before.

17. trugoy

trugoy Member

The trade makes sense in isolation but I don't think it will happen if Paul actually is on the block. I don't see the NBA doing a secret Gasol deal where everyone is sort of taken by shock at the deal.

If they do decide to trade Paul, they will want an auction, best deal wins, and in that scenario, the Rockets don't have the assets to beat other teams who can throw great prospects at NO.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is great news if true.

What I find sad is how people on this forum would rather this team lose to keep an injured Center (even a nice guy) rather than move him and have a chance to win again.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's fine. But I'm sure wherever he decides to sign he will still want his full max and will be looking for a S&T. The Raptors got two #1's for Bosh and a large TE, and the Cavs got two #1's and two #2's and a large TE for LeBron. So if we can just move Yao and someone else that isn't a core piece to rent Melo then go for it. Why couldn't we get a pick and a large TE as well? What have you lost?

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"The Rockets are dangling Yao to acquire a good young player with an upside, if not an established talent."

Yao Ming
    Jared Jeffries

for

Eddy Curry
    Anthony Randolph
    Ronny Turiaf
    Kelenna Azubuike

Wouldn't Yao's insured contract greatly help the Knicks persuit of Carmelo?