1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets discussing Lawson for J Jack + Bogdanovic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes. And no.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Rajon Rondo has won a championship. Sometimes players age bad, fall off or just don't fit.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lawson is lost at this time, but his NBA CV is pretty fair. Why is he not fitting in, working out well? Hmm, why are there no pieces working out well; nothing is fitting to date.

I'd do the deal as Jack can hit 3s but can't create worth (Carl Herrera) jack. Bog will be ok and then what happens to whom on this roster?

BTW - - I don't smell an 8th seed at this point; but maybe my smeller is just off...

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I assume this is a chemistry trade more than anything. I think most would think Jack is an offensive downgrade compared to what Lawson could do in Denver(he has been abysmal in Houston so far) But Jack I believe has the rep as a locker room guy. Bogdanovich is a solid catch and shoot 3pt shooter too - might not be a bad overall trade although both have very obvious weaknesses(Jack's shot selection and outside shooting; Bogdanovich's defense and ability to dribble the ball to create at all.)

5. malakas

malakas Member

I think if we acquired Bogdanovic and people actually got to see him more time, they would see how good fit he is here. He's not perfect (because his defence is bad) and he can get very frustrating with his streakiness but he IS a good shooter. He's experienced too even tho he hasn't played long in the NBA. He can make plays as well.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Here's what I don't understand about Lawson.

I understand Lawson being hesitant playing WITH Harden and just wanting to pick his spots.....but.....when Harden is OUT and Lawson is in and in charge, why doesn't Lawson "impose his will" on the game? He seems SOOOOOOOO hesitant to shoot and drive and attack the basket. He plays neutered. It is like his confidence is completely shattered.

Even if the Rockets coaching staff couldn't integrate Lawson and Harden together (which gives the team it's highest ceiling), Lawson still should be positive for the Rockets driving the team with Harden off the floor.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I keep waiting for Lawson to have a breakout game and regain his confidence, but I am skeptical.

That said, sign me up for Jack & Bogdanovic as potential role players that can add positive value to the team.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Why the hell are people claiming Jack can't create? Not sure if serious.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Because he never has?

10. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

im really hoping to see ty stay here and have a resurgence.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I didn't get a chance to read all 9 pages, but in the 5 I read, no one mentioned that this trade doesn't work.

Brooklyn and Houston have salary cap issues that can't be fixed with either trade that cyberx mentioned.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We need to give Lawson more of a chance its no shocker that he played his best ball of the year in our 4 game win streak when we had spacing. Ty should be given a chance with dmo back to add spacing.

13. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

A typical "sources" leak

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite a sense from others that Ty Lawson could be had from the Rockets - sources close to situation say Rockets not looking at deals.</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/672105428919181312">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. elainas

elainas Member

I remember j jack from 2013 when he had good season with warriors, but he think at the time(PO 4th qt) that he is next MJ he keep ball more than curry or klay.. it's was ridicules

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

He went off the sauce that "medicates" his anxiety.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets need to make Ty Lawson fit. It can be done... He played well against the Pistons, now he just needs to string some games together and grab that starting job again. Motiejunas will help...

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He has an assist % of 35.1%, which is pretty damn good. Jack is a pretty good creator. It's not quite as elite as Lawson in the past two years (38%, 43%), but better than what Lawson is doing right now.

18. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

In was never too high on Lawson coming here in the first place. And I recently said I'd like to get Jarret Jack. He's averaging like 15p 6r 8a. Obviously those numbers will dip here but he plays well in big games. Seems like he would be a good locker room guy. God knows this team needs it. Bogdanovic is a shooter who is struggling. Could be worth a gamble. He's not a scorer, he's like legit just s shooter and shooters will find their shot again. He would knock down more open 3s than Brew that's for sure. Can anything be worse than what we have now? Might be wort a shot.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Nonsense. Averaging over 7 assists a game this season, just had 14 assists in a game a week or so ago. Career assist to turnover ratio is over 2.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yep - nothing matches in that scenario. Adding Jones just makes the salary discrepancy worse. BKN would have to add at least one more player, and the only desirable one for us would be Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, who BKN wouldn't want to part with.