1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets brass planning to discuss bringing in Mike Brown as an assistant to help defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 12, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is Lawrence Frank next on the call list? It makes the most sense.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mike Brown rejected us AGAIN!!!!!!!

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Milk Brown doesn't have any interests to be an assitant coach with the head coach named Milk Hair!!!

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Lawrence Frank still under contract with the Nets or does his contract end after the 2013-14 season (which just ended for the Nets)?

I recall that Morey interviewed a couple dozen coaches (or more) for the job that McHale got. A few of them has to have left an impression.

Maybe a former Adelman assistant, now that Adelman is not coaching any more?

Is Sam Cassell available?

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Milk Brown: "Who is the ****ing Milk Hair? Is he far better than me? "

6. klowski

klowski Member

salt n pepper hair must give morey and les some great top to still keep this job

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Milk Hair does have more hair than Milk Brown does, while Milk Brown is more brown than Milk Hair is. So, everything fits.

BTW, here's an ESPN article talking about the candidates that the Rockets had interest in back then: McHale, Dwane Casey, Budenhozer, Woodson, Mike Brown, Brian Shaw, Jack Sikma, Sam Cassell, Mario Elie, Lawrence Frank.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6433795

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Everybody doesn't want a to be a puppet in a Houston sports team system. Fire the incompetent head coach and do this shat right.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I still don't believe either report. This second one makes even less sense, but whatever.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would never accept a position under Milk Hair as a coach. It's insulting.

11. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I wanted Dwane Casey so badly.. it pains me to think about whats he could have done with this team to make them better

12. Nook

Nook Member

:rolleyes:

13. Nook

Nook Member

Do any of his "reports" make sense? Literally every single one of them has been proven false... People just are desperate for any "news", even fake news.

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I wish Morey and Milk Hair would turn to maybe Lionel Hollins as an assistant coach. Although I doubt he'd want to coach as an assistant. What Morey and Milk Hair should do is look back on all the great defensive team in the past 10 seasons and try to see if they can find a gem assistant coach that's been around and is good looking.

and lol at the cluster**** argument a couple pages back??? I even feel embarrassed a little.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Thanks for the update......Daryl....I mean Morey.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Translation. Mike Brown doesn't want to work under a sh-tty head coach and be the scapegoat a year from now when the team underachieves yet again in the postseason.

Serious question. What happens if the Rockets can't get a decent assistant(or 2 since Sampson and Cooper are now gone) to cover for McHale's shortcomings?

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

JVG yes. Mike Brown.... Emphatic NO.
    Les is trying to kill us

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Probably for the best on both sides. Mike Brown really does need to get out of the spotlight for a bit, and get back ingrained with an organization in future that he can be with long term, and not rush into any assignment. I think he's a better coach than he's made out to be, but he probably does need to take a step back for a little while, and not rush back into a position right away.

For the Rockets, do you really want a guy who has had so much failure at the top over the past three years that might be a mess mentally?

IMO, Scott Skiles should be pressed hard to come on board. Seems like the obvious candidate to be that tough defensive minded voice for the team, and has had enough time off to where he should be fresh and energized.

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I used to be a cybex believer but he lost his credibility long ago with me. He dropped something out of blue about Andrew Bynum, which no one really cared in GARM.
    Then two days later, he posted this:
    Except the article didn't come out that day; it came out BEFORE his original post. Check out the date of the article. What surprised me the most was no one questioned him about the obvious error.

The latest gossip on Brown taking a year off just drove that last nail for me. Sorry to burst your bubble, guys.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gotta love the posters who crap on cyberx, even after Clutch vouched for him.

If someone offers Mike Brown a head coaching gig he might jump, but otherwise, it's best he step back from it for awhile.

If he appears on ABC or whatever as a talking head, all the better. Too bad McHale won't.