1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: our locker room is having issues. Some are obvious and some are a bit unspoken

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, May 1, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Was quoted in one of his post game interviews early-mid March and has it's own thread on CF. Parsons had an obvious level of discontent due to iso'ing.

This isn't a Harden bash-fest. I think his offense will turn for the better starting Game 6. He played good defense last night as well.

2. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

My guess is that they just haven't integrated Howard and Harden's 2 man game. So when we toss the ball into Howard down low, people just watch and not know what to do. This is especially true when the ball doesn't come back out from the low post. I think the last game was the 1st time I saw the ball come back out from a Howard post up. Harden had a wide open 3 that he missed and the 2nd time was a repost by Dwight.

Harden on the flip side then goes into ISO mode because if he passes the ball, it may not return back to him. This starts to be infectious and then everyone is just going ISO or demanding the ball to go ISO.

You would think we would have worked on this during the season but I don't think Howard demanded the ball like he has done in the regular season as compared to the playoffs.

PnR, Howard just like with the Lakers I don't think wants to do PnR or sets picks for folks on a consistent basis. I think he wants the ball in the low post more so he doesn't do pick for the guards. Example near the 2nd half and Lin had the ball, wanted a pick but Howard waived him off. We ended up with a bad Lin ISO fade away.

3. dragician

dragician Member

4. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Wheres Dwight? lol @ Omer looks so awkward!

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes that's the thread I was talking about where everyone thought it was Chandler speaking about Harden. In that same thread people posted the whole quote in context and as many thought Chandler never said a word about Harden's isos.

It was only how some people interpreted Chandler's words. Go back and look at the thread.

Here is the thread.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250202&highlight=Parsons

What Parsons said was that the team played more balanced. That's certainly true, but also not a dig at Harden's isos or Harden at all. In the thread they talk about the actual interview, and how it was taken out of context and printed to give the impression Chandler had a problem with Harden's style of play. That just wasn't the truth.

Like I said it's a case of people reading hype and spin on the internet and then in their mind it becomes real. But it isn't what actually happened.

In the interview Chandler said it was a negative that Harden was out that he's the best player and when he's not there he can't create shots on his own for other guys, and that the team playing more balanced was because their best player wasn't there and that it wasn't a negative on Harden at all.

You can listen/watch the actual interview here.
    http://www.csnhouston.com/rockets/parsons-ive-never-won-here
    It was posted in that thread.

#105 FranchiseBlade, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's the one snapping the pic. :)

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Notice the space between James and Chandler???.... Obvious there must be some friction there between those two guys.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Jejeje

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree with this wholeheartedly!

10. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Are you saying Omri is rubbing on them in the middle causing friction? :eek:

Oh my!!!

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

got to call it as you see it. he couldn't have had a bigger game in the most important game for the Rockets this season. He probably has hurt more than hes helped this series, but for game 5, he was linsanity for a moment.

this is why every rocket fan should want lin to play well. it can only help our cause

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There's the rub. Lin plays like Tony Parker some games, and a d-league player the next. That is why he is so frustrating and polarizing.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

pffww, if he played like Tony Parker some games and Troy Daniels the other ones, i'd be thrilled

/s

14. naesoon

naesoon Member

Remember when Tony Parker played poorly in his earlier years? Lin needs more experience and m hoping the playoffs will only speed things up.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Where is Dmo? Still stuck in the doghouse?

16. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I dont think any rocket fan wants lin to do bad. Its just frustrating to see him flourish one game and the next suck the life out the court.

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Can't crack the rotation, can't crack this PhotoOp #smh

18. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

They should all get mohawks, kind of like how the Red Sox wore beards last year.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's cute how everyone has flocked to these threads to enlighten everyone with their baseless guesses as to what the imaginary (since there's no factual evidence) problem in the Rockets locker room is.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

(sniff) I know they aren't perfect, but (sniff) I LOVE THIS TEAM!