1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Mutual Interest between Joe Johnson and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And for the Cavs to stay on course... pretty much sh*t the bed in the playoffs.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This would be amazing

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He is way worse than last year and it makes sense. Old players have up and down years due to physical breakdowns. Duncan was damn near a FMVP in 2013 after looking like a corpse in 2011 for this reason.

Ginobili was awesome in 2012, trash in 2013, and awesome in 2014 again. Old players are like that.

He probably has an ailment that would take a summer of healing to recover from. He's definitely having a down year compared to last, and even last year he got destroyed by GS in PS.

As long as he takes absolutely no time away from Mbah a Moute and isn't in the rotation at all, it couldn't hurt. But I would like to see Green play over him and I'm no fan of Gerald.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Depends on who goes with him to LA. James and George plus most of that roster would be pretty good.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

LBJ is not wanting to babysit a big market team that is trying to get back to being relevant.

He needs to go somewhere that already has a MFn clue and take them from great to Dynasty - Houston is that place

Vivi and Plowman like this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That I do agree with. I actually like Green in this offense and don't see the need for Johnson.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Noice!

Plowman and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Only reason i give is James harden is here. Cp3 and lebron alone wont get it done. Harden gives them i think the best shot

9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I think I’m the only one not a fan of LBJ coming here. Like I’ve been saying I’m good with it if he can focus on letting Harden and CP3 handle the offense. He may be at a point in his career where is okay not being the main guy, but his ego sure is big and may cause turmoil within the locker room.

Has anyone else seen him play this year? I mean really seen him play? Don’t get me wrong the dude is an amazing athlete and I think he has another 2-3 years at a high level of play. His defense is terrible besides the chase down blocks. His jump shot is Not that great..yes he can get to the rim with ease because he’s so damn strong and the defenders guarding him are no where as big or strong.

Of course, him being the main facilitator in Cleveland he will get the numbers he’s getting, his team is full of washed up dudes. He is an elite player and has to carry his team on 99% of the games. Harden has had a lot of weight to carry and we still have the 2nd best record in the league. LBJ has the same weight and look where they are at in the East.

LBJ coming here is nothing like KD going to GSW...I don’t need to explain why...

10. amaru

amaru Member

Lakers? I wonder why he’d consider them.

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Not sure how he'll fit in the offense, but more guard play is welcomed.

12. Rocketeer4Life

hmm...do we really need another guard/small forward?
    I think our power forward spot is our weakest spot and strongest need.

saleem likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Do you remember when LeBron went back to Cleveland the second time? He said he was shocked when Kyrie came up to him before their first playoff game and was like, "Yo, this is crazy. I knew the playoffs were special, but this is on another level." There is no way in hell LeBron is going to have the patience or desire to hold another young team's hands and guide them through the playoffs. He's all about championships now, and winning championships takes experience, resiliency, toughness, and mental fortitude. Grizzled veterans like CP3, Harden, Ariza, Luc, PJ......those are guys that have seen it all basically, and that's a crew you can feel good about if you're 34 years old, and have a limited number of chances left.

CP3 didn't move mountains to come here only to leave us after a year. Those of you afraid of that need to chill. He always talks about how hard it was to move his family, and how he'd never want to put them through that again. Not only that, but his brother moved HIS entire family to Houston as well. Chris Paul came to Houston because he saw this as the best place to put together the Super Team that will take the Warriors out. Period.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you're not the only one

beardsanity713 and seeingredtx like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

depending on contract status, it should not be lengthy and I hope we can keep at least couple of good role players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

"Hey about that luxury tax."

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#MobTies

MourningWood and DonKnock like this.
  18. HTM

HTM Member

They are pretty a&& right now .... LAL squad + LBJ + George still isn't very scary. No way they are close to the Warriors and I don't think they'd be as good as the Rockets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

LeBron himself will not want a long-term contract. My guess is 3 years at the max (or a slight paycut depending on cap figures and such). And the role players will come.....don't worry about that. Getting LeBron in a Rockets uniform HAS to be Morey's death blow to the Warriors.

mikol13 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Lebron will be our ultimate stretch 4
    Just gotta practice shooting those 3’s