1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The hate for Tilman is real! I hope he has a bodygord!

#501 Smacktle, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again
    Thanks for not reposting
    ESPN
    Fox
    And YouTube hot takes

You should start threads and clutch should ban the ESPN trolls

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sure. But it's still too early to say if it's good or bad.

These love/hate threads are funny. Whenever someone is doing bad, his haters come out and gloat. Whenever the dude is doing well, his apologists come out to gloat.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@larsv8 is the same dude who wanted to trade Westbrook for Derrick freaking Rose and Drummond. Take anything he says with a grain of salt. He's been on the Anti-Westbrook train all season don't think we forget and if Tilman was the one who actually pushed the move to the finish line according to @cyberx than he good with me.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'll be the one to say it. Unless the Rockets knew something about CP3 health that clearly shows he cant be counted on in the postseason, still would prefer the trade not happen.

CP3 brings more on defense, more shooting, more end of game half court offense. He also would give the Rockets 2 extra 1st round picks to send out in trades.

But the answer to this trade wont happen for another 2 months depending on whether the Rockets are playing in the finals or sitting at home

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

30-40 points and 7 assists on above average efficiency>15-18 points and 7 assists on elite efficiency

Harden loves Russ...Harden was tired of Chris Paul

Smacktle, hakeem94, Denovo and 6 others like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I was tired of losing when Harden didn't have that extra gear that gets you anywhere you want to be. Now we have a safety net to salvage wins with Westbrook.

I love this team. Tilman owns the thing I love. He seems to be doing a fine job. Who else would've taken the chance on small ball? He trusts Morey with this franchise and doesn't seem to interfere too much. That's all you can ask for.

(Thanks for bringing us Westbrook, Tilman!)

Smacktle, hakeem94, Denovo and 6 others like this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

"Multiple sauces" have confirmed possibility of harden for zion williamson and two other pelicans to be completed
    in lieu of Mike D Antoni getting offseason extension.

All pending, rockets post season championship!

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

it took Morey 15 years to make that happen with max primed-out contracts,2 years for Tilman to get it back .

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

again did u read the og post. he said harden...i repeat basically convinced told tillman to get russ. again this was harden more then tillman....facts.

please people stop trying to spread false things.

yes tillman signed off. after harden came to him

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

u can even tell when the trade happened tillman was half in. remember hin just saying we sure will be more exciting lol. thats not reqlly yea he gonna bring us a ring.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Morey inherited a team with 2 stars under contracts in 2007, both of those stars had their careers essentially ended within the next two seasons by 2009, both were under 30 years old. He had to rebuild that team with orders from our last owner not to tank, Rockets went on to never have a loosing season, to trade for Harden in 2012, sign Howard in 2013, and make the WCF by the 14-15 season.

Tilman, on the other hand, inherited the team with the best winning record in Rockets history and has so far made the team worse and has traded all of our picks until 2027.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Love was involved in that deal as well.

I am not anti Westbrook, I am anti Westbrook for 5 picks, CP3 and Capela.

I am however anti Tilman. He is a moron.

lnchan likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Troll.

Smacktle, King1, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thing is, as I predicted, CP3 hasn’t enjoyed such full health until we traded him. When a Rocket, he was often hurt.

Smacktle and Plowman like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I repeat. Tilman... Tilman pushed... PUSHED for THIS to happen..... AFTER talking to James Harden.

So, yeah... Tilman has some responsibility in this happening. Same could be said if it were a failure. I'd blame Tilman if it was a complete failure. So, imma go ahead and keep on giving credit to those that are due credit.

(Thank you Tilman for Westbrook!)

Do you really think Harden is the GM of this team? That he has the final say-so? Yeah no.

Smacktle, hakeem94, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

gallo/shroeder/sga have been running 3.8 laps thru snow & ice all season, and then cp3 takes the baton when the sun's out carrying it across the finish line for the glory (all-star selection)

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

This, so much this. And it would be far from the first time Chris Paul has alienated a teammate.

Reeko and Plowman like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Thanks cp3 for wb, roco, and smallball

Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

oh lord yes he the gm. like every top 5 player in the nba. u must be new. lbj kwahi harden curry kd all can get their gm n coach fired if they really wanted that to happen. morey himself has said he has a partnership with his stars. n why would tillman push...i repeat push only after talking to harden...hmmmmm come on guy. of course he the owner so he has the ultimate say. but it wasnt even his idea. it says it, after talking to harden