1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I said that earlier. Les was the main one on camera telling the media how great Mchale is and how he deserves the extension. Now he wants to take no responsibility in the matter.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Maybe. But are you honestly telling me if the Rockets don't make the playoffs this year Les is instantly going to blame Morey and not blame the unproven coach in Bickerstaff? I think Bickerstaff will be a scapegoat for the Rockets this year, although if the Rockets do not do well I wouldn't rest it all on his shoulders.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Les jumped the gun on McHale, unless there's a big backstory we don't know about. It'd be plain ridiculous if he cans Morey in the middle of the Harden/Howard campaign. It's not like I'm a big Morey cheerleader. I was leaning toward firing him in mid-2012 because his last 2 campaigns (Yao/McGrady and then Martin/Scola/wait-for-a-superstar) totally flopped. But, he got a lot of traction once he snagged Harden, and we just went to the WCF. I'm all for holding people accountable when things go badly, even when they're talented people. But, you have to actually wait until they've gone badly. We haven't played enough games to call this a bad season. Firing McHale was a waste, and firing Morey would be moreso. Both of those guys have more credibility for judicious leadership than Les does, as far as I'm concerned.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I gotta believe there is more to the story of Harden post Game 2 WCF. Game 3 was a travesty. Not a single Rocket showed up. That game looked like every single loss we suffered this season. If you ask me, it was that game that Les got the idea of firing McHale in his mind, but Crocodile Tears Morey probably said let it ride. A summer and 7 brutal losses later were enough time to let that stew in Les. Pure unadulterated speculation here, but my guess is Les has been thinking to fire McHale for a while now.

5. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

That is the only Rocket I care about that is currently involved with the team. Losing Morey would be a huge mistake

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Morey has to be sweating bullets watching this team rountinely brick 3 after 3

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

2-14

On pace for another 4-28/10-42 night.

Sweating bullets because his ass is grass. Because his roster isn't as good as he/we think. Because he put together a roster of no shooters for the nth consecutive year.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

My theory is that Morey is a control maniac who has to have a say in how the team plays. It's why he hired a "player's coach" in McHale so he could force feed him Morey ball analytics and control the way they play. It's also why he named Bickerstaff the replacement...a very young and ambitious coach who will do anything Morey says to keep his first head coaching job. Morey doesn't have the fortitude to hire a coach with a mind and system of his own.

9. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Brewer was McHale, Josh was Dwight.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

what line is he crossing?

11. dmoneybangbang

I believe he cited it for defense.

12. dmoneybangbang

But you're right. This team doesn't look like it is run by an analytical guy. Interesting to see what happens at the deadline.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

His logic is ****ing stupid. I'm so done with this team and this 3 bull ****

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We have some shooters. Ariza, Harden, Terry, Thornton, D-Mo(when he returns). Hell, even Bev is capable of making 3's, even though he's prone to bad slumps.

But I agree that if you're gonna rely heavily on 3-point shots, you better have some expert marksmen on your team. We don't have those. We have guys who average around 35-38% in a good year and are otherwise very streaky. That's not gonna work if your entire offense is built around shooting it from the outside.

15. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

If we live and die by the three then can we acknowledge being dead?

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He does a good job at finding 1st round bust and players with bad backs. The trainers make sure their backs don't heal well too to make matters worse.

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Please remember that some of us have been consistent in our criticism and opposition to Maury from the very beginning. We told you he wouldn't succeed. We told you he would fail. You wouldn't listen. Now you are seeing the end result of his "grand experiment" yourself with your own eyes and are starting to come around to the cold, harsh reality of the situation. He is part of the problem. He is not part of the solution. Let the egomaniac attention w**** go and get snatched up by another team. He'll be their problem then. It would be addition by subtraction for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

They kick you when you're down, but will get on their knees when you're up.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A gm/scouting consultant/coach/marketing pr, this guy does it all.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

In other words, he's a dictator with a strong propaganda machine behind him. Once you strip away the propaganda, you can see that the emperor has no clothes. We all know what happens to dictators in the end.