1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not surprising....he's next in line. Les isnt firing himself.

3. basketballholic

Speculating here:

Could it be that Les wants to bring in Thibs NOW and Morey is saying wait so we have the best chance to recruit Durant with the guy Durant wants to play for?

Why would Les have Morey in the HOT seat unless he disagreed with something Morey was doing/not doing?

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Who the hell could be our next gm? I don't even know any gms but Morey. He's the most known guy in basketball.

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's hard to argue that anyone could have done a better job positioning us to where we are now, but the most important part is getting the ring, so if we don't at least get back to the WCF I wouldn't be surprised to see a GM change.

Personally I'd give him through next year, then you still have time with Harden is his prime.

6. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

WOW.....now this I'm surprised at!

Thanks Cyberx

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Les channeling his inner Vince McMahon.

2 people like this.
  8. conquistador#11

Not before CB34 Aka Barkley .:p

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I am glad we fired McHale, but if he fires Morey this franchise is going to be mediocre for a very long time.

Please do not do this Les.

Morey got us Harden and set us up for the Dwight slam dunk. Not to mention got us Lawson for nothing.
    Not his fault if the coach can't find a way to fit the pieces together.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Would it be over coaching selection again?

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If Morey was ever fired, I think the Bbs / Twitter would crash. He has a bigger fanbase than any player on the team. lol

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Don't do it Les..Just take a deep breath. Morey the best GM we've ever had! Calm down!:eek::eek:

13. awc713

awc713 Member

that would be a COLOSSAL mistake

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Damn, that what happens when you don't pay playoff heroes like Josh Smith!

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We miss the playoffs, Morey is gone! :eek:

16. rockets13champs

damn not morey. PLZZZZZ rockets turn it around...

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Les might be getting a little tired of all the three pointers. I know I am. The analytics stuff is good to a point but when players are passing up layups to kick it out for 3P, something ain't right. Hopefully Les is just fuming because I still think Morey is a great GM.

Brewer needs to ride the pine all game tonight. I never want to see the combo of Harden/Lawson/Brewer on the court at the same time ever again.

18. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't say I blame Les. McHale is on the first year of a $12M extension that was given after an embarrassing first round shellacking by Portland.This team got a nice boost last year via the additions of Josh Smith and Corey Brewer, but we saw the same team problems as the previous year up to our shellacking by Golden State. Morey was way too quick in handing out that extension and it also appears that he's banking on two inconsistent (for different reasons and in different ways) superstars who may or may not be head cases.

It's no wonder Brooks isn't interested in this coaching job and that the Rockets aren't looking for any other big name (I.e. Big money) coach for now. If Howard can't stay on the court due to his health and Harden continues to slack off, Les would be looking at shelling out another $10-20M only to get the same results.

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Based on the interview Morey gave at 11 this morning, I completely believe this to be true. He looked stressed and even admitted to looking like $hit

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How much is morey to blame for all his analytics bullcrap? Did that system lose us many games?