1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Les Alexander has brought up a coaching change to Morey if things dont go as planned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 6, 2015.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

The first Denver loss or the second? ;)

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If its hard to watch someone doing it, imagine playing next to someone ...doing it. Dude doesn't give a **** out there and its pissing everybody off.

3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they are even entertaining moving Harden, I would rather they do it ASAP and get it over with. Preferably, move him in a way that improves draft position. But Alexander is understandably all "win now". So if Harden is moved, it may be for another player the team thinks is a star.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think Harden needed a wake up call. McHale and Morey have been stroking his ego and letting everything he does fly. I don't think he'll be moved, but he is in for a reality check.

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope this will be a wake up call for Harden. But Harden is to defensive development what Howard is to offensive development.

Whatever happens next, I would like to see the team develop real offensive and defensive systems. And, if Popovich is to be believed, doing that really depends on the players. And I am not too sure the Rockets have those players, barring a dramatic change in Harden's approach.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Exactly. This is the culture Morey brought with him. Ego, arrogance, a know it all...

It has rubbed all over Harden. I think Harden can be fixed. But Morey is 45 year old delusional dictator.

Like saying Putin and Hitler can change

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they move him. He's only 26, but he needs somebody to ride his ass. Everybody is criticizing Morey but, if being a fan of this team has taught me nothing else, it's that superstars don't fall from trees. Morey's angling and positioning was, for years, about landing a player like James Harden. He acquired assets throughout the morass of Yao getting hurt, and the Kevin Martin years, and used them to land that first star. On paper, Morey has done his job. However, accounting for a 26-year-old who just got $200 million is impossible.

I don't like buying into sports cliches, but it Harden has looked every bit like the guy who didn't touch a basketball all summer (and Curry looks like a guy who kissed his wife goodbye to live in the gym for three months). The league has adjusted to him and he didn't do anything to stay ahead of the curve.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hardens not getting moved you don't trade a guy that good that young who's only won here you guys are completely jumping the gun on that one. He was mvp runner up just 4 months ago.

He needs to mature and grow up but I would hate to get rid of him, we would look like village idiots. We would be set back for atleast 6 years just to hope to get to were we've been the last 2 years. I'm not trying to watch that when we got a guy 26 just entering his prime but has played bad for 11 games. No thank you good thing some of you guys arnt gms.

It's not like harden can't get it together or won't get it together the lague has not caught on to him he's jjst not playing his game for whatever reason it may be. The few times he has played his game we've won and he's avg 38 ppg had a 43/13 assist game like normal players don't do that. Not even allstars do that. Only guys putting those numbers up is harden lebron curry and Westbrook.

9. Amir's Johnson

Cyber, have you heard anything about Dwight leaving us during free agency?

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

But then he doesn't respond well to that reality check with his sensitive self and bolts for the Lakers in two years.

Some of these things other teams told Dwight about James (believe Golden State was the main one) are coming true now.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If that's the case then we rebuild. If he leaves because he can't handle change then he's DEFINITELY not a player to build around.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Two things to mention.

1. I think Les gives everyone a fair shake and really has great timing. When he thinks something doesn't work, he makes a change. So far it has worked...I can't second guess him.

2. Morey is also very lucky...Some of his lesser splash decisions have paid HUGE dividends down the stretch. The fact that there are "huge coaching names" on the market, and he decided to stick with JB is a "HUGE" call. He has gambled his career with the Rockets...on this one decision.

I think the Rockets will find a way to right the ship...And this might have allowed the Rockets to evolve into being a real threat in the playoffs. They have to treat the Celtics, Nets in the same light as the Warriors and Spurs.

13. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Best thing to do now: fire Morey, trade Dwight and harden, move on. Get rid of them while the stock is high before they turn into a Atlanta hawks mcgrady.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Les seems to be smarter than Morey.