1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Les Alexander has brought up a coaching change to Morey if things dont go as planned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Actually Sniper was dead on . You have to put your players in the best POSITION to succeed. Lawson isnt a spot up shooter, he is an ELITE playmaker.

Basketball more than any other sport is about how you fit into your team, talent is never enough , if that talent isnt put in a good position to be taken advantage of.
    I cant count how many times ive seen ariza take a 22 ft jumper with 18 sec left in the Shot clock just because we made a stop and are trying to push EVERY single time. There is no discipline, no awareness....we could be the worst coached team in the NBA as of now

2. Fantasma Negro

Fix the defense, JB Bickerstaff should actually be taking more blame than Mchale for that. The offense isn't flowing is because the Rockets don't run any plays, and that is on Mchale. This whole "stand of the tree point line, move the ball, find the open man" only works when they are hitting their shots. When the shots aren't falling most coaches run these things they call plays to create high percentage scoring opportunities. I don't know if he can fix this at all but I don't see how Les can look at all the talent on the floor losing and not do something about it

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i thought we had TR Dunn taking care of the defense?

4. Fantasma Negro

Whoever is in charge of defense should be fired. Once the defense is fixed the games will get easier

5. Fantasma Negro

Maybe we could get Thibs as a consultant?

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I don't understand what management is doing with Howard. We have a weak front line until D-Mo comes back. If you want to start resting Howard start resting him when D-Mo is on the court. Also Terry or Bev needs to start, Lawson is one of the laziest players I've witnessed at the Rockets PG position in a while.

7. ApuN

ApuN Member

No it won't

A big problem is bad offense creates bad defense.

It starts with Lawson coming off the bench.

He and Harden just cant play together right now

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Also, I remember last year when J-Smoove was in the starting line up but he wasn't effective until be became the playmaker off the bench. I feel Lawson will benefit from moving to the bench so he can find the flow to the game easier than starting him with Harden. You can still have a line up of Lawson, Harden, Ariza, Jones, and Howard in the 4th quarter based on the flow of the game. I don't understand why this adjustment hasn't been made as yet? :eek:

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Ty prob dropped second year as a promise of him starting

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

McHale has until the all star break... you guys act like he's getting fired next week.

11. bmd

bmd Member

No, JB Bickerstaff is in charge of the defensive scheme. TR Dunn is a defensive-minded coach, so he may help with things related to the defense, but JB is the main guy responsible for the defense and he came up with the defensive scheme. He modeled it after Orlando's defense when Dwight was there.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Firing McHale now or before the summer makes this season a total loss. If the team can't mentally navigate through whatever their issues are right now, then they have no chance of successfully handling a mid season coaching change.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Probably true. It would have to be a top tier coach.

14. cebu

cebu Member

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't get this love for Le$

In the OP, cybrex mentions a "deal" between Morey and Les. What was that "deal?"

I think we all know after the Adelman "firing," the deal was to allow Morey complete control. That's not how you build a mgmt team. Giving a GM complete control to define system and hire a puppet coach is pretty stupid of Le$. And Le$ getting all pissy with a HOF coach to not discuss Xs and Os with him, is billionaire arrogance and a guy who views owning a team as a fun hobby.

To Le$, the Rockets are a fun hobby, and him allowing Morey's experiment with running the entire show based on analytics and Moneyball trades only, and not chemistry, practice and coaching, must be something Le$ thought would be cool to watch.

Le$ has shown zero appreciation for the Coaching profession.

But now is his chance. He needs to order Morey to fire McHale, since he has completely lost his team. And he needs to order Morey to stay out of the new coach's business and start making trades with the approval of the coach.

bottomline: Owner, GM and Coach should be a team. Le$ never allowed that. Le$ has failed. He needs to build a mgmt team, once and for all. He really sucks as an NBA owner for not realizing that.

#555 heypartner, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't get the point of keeping McHale at this point. I have liked him in the past, but the team is having some major problems that can be fixed with coaching. He's obviously not leading them right now. It seems like you'd fire him now if you had an option now. I wonder if the replacement guy/gal wants some more time.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!!

[​IMG]

Right on point...

T_MAN

18. AXG

AXG Member

I agree. Thibs would be a no nonsense guy on defense. It's not often to have this much talent in any year, so might as well go all-in. McFail obviously is not the answer.

19. malakas

malakas Member

No. He's been a very good owner. He's no perfect but he doesnt' involve himself in pure basketball matters that he doesnt' understand in contrast to other bad owners.
    And what means order Morey to stay of the new coach business? What if the new coach makes stupid decisions or is fixated on some players and overplays them on the detriment of the team? Doesn't give young player a chance and glues them to the bench? Do you know how many coaches do that? If Mchale had done that we wouldn't have Capella contributing right now.
    No the GM and the coach must have a collaboration. That's why the choice of the coach must be someone who is uptodate with analytics himself and open to input.

The owner isn't perfect. The GM isn't perfect. And the coach isn't perfect.
    But from the three of them the one who brings the least to the table right now is the coach. He has failed to motivate his team at all. He has failed to make them play defence. He has failed to make good ingame adjustments.

Does anyone here think that Mchale is some kind of tactical genius that Morey and his analytic approach is holding back from executing his gameplan?

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Aren't the Rockets his only major source of income? I could have sworn i read something about that and if that is the case i highly doubt this is all for fun to Les.