1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: J Jack was set to become a Rocket before injury (Terry included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stupid Morey can't even take Jack off the Nets hands before he got hurt.

2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Trading Terry won't do that any, trading Lawson, Brewer with Terrence Jones might. Depending on the player Ariza could be an option as well.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jack would have been a good offensive running mate alongside Harden because he's more of a SG.

Sad that happened. Think it would have worked out. Harden needs a guy that is looking to get his own to play alongside him. That way when Harden gets passive (which is about for like 60% of a game it feels) he has someone else who is more than willing to jack up shots and also someone that can just score.

As for Terry, it's troubling that he wants out. People say he's a positive influence and yes he is...but it means he could also be a negative influence. When you get these old guys on your team that have been winners and their voice has an impact it could be for better or worse. Who knows what affect he's had on the locker room this season.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Blessing in the skies if you ask me.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

So any truth to Thornton being involved in trade talks instead of Jet? Would be so ironic after years of not managing to sign a good shooter we get rid of him at the first opportunity.

7. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Morey, I'm sure, has a backup plan.

Maybe that's why Lawson hasn't been playing..

He's been out since Jack got hurt..

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Or it could mean since he doesn't have a lot of nba life left.... he wants legit chance at one more ring. The rockets on paper looked great coming in this season, unfortunately it didn't work out. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another trade or buyout so he can sign with a team that has a shot at getting out of the first round.

The rockets need more than leadership in the locker room at this point, and the Jet can't turn back time far enough to play a much bigger role on the court all the time. The rockets at this point would need Terry to be like 5-6 years younger.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry, I guess I meant I don't think it's just locker room, when they're on the court I don't think they're hiding much, lol... I mean look at the pathetic effort from some of the guys, we'd honestly be better if terry was coaching and playing at least then we might see some much needed benching...

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm excited about this trade falling through. This is a good omen as Morey has a stellar record on failed trades.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This could be a "basketball reasons" type of situation. Maybe the Rockets will be better for it down the line. Hopefully.

12. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

The skies? Disguise?

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, I agree with ROXTXIA, about those 76'ers...

14. Houston288South

We Dodged a bullet. Jack is an okay player, but he would NOT have made a difference here. I wouldn't be willing to part with Lawson for him either.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some wear disguises in the skies and it's a blessing.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'm so glad we didn't lose jason terry.

17. You Stone

You Stone Member

Are you guys kidding me? Jason fricking Terry?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets were willing to "throw in Terry" in that trade, believe that they will throw him in, in another trade. So, expect to lose him pretty soon.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

1) Lawson hasn't played anywhere near his level in Denver. You may assume he eventually will, but he hasn't yet. So at this juncture, I would say we would get just as much from Jack as we do from Lawson.

2) If that's the only way we can reach our ceiling, we might as well trade him. Harden is not going to play second fiddle, even if it's just Lawson finding ways to get Harden easier shots. Harden must be in control. I don't see Lawson ever playing 30 min next to Harden.

Lawson might be a historically far superior player, but he hasn't shown ANY of that this season, and in this league, it's what are you doing for me now, now what you did in the past. Unless you're Kobe.

20. Garner

Garner Member

Would you remind us of this tidbit?