1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: J Jack was set to become a Rocket before injury (Terry included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Since Thornton / Terry make the same, either deal works on the trade checker. Jack, Bog and TRob for Lawson and Terry.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Everybody here is an insider. We all got
    [​IMG]

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He isn't

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hope that's not true. How do you go from runner up in the MVP race to a locker room cancer in a matter of months?

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Papanikolau released from Denver

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dodged that bullet, Jack is terrible. Sheesh, you know things are bad when we're trying to trade for Jack.

Happy times.

1 person likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jeez so not just his ACL:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nets announce that Jarrett Jack will be out for the rest of the season. <a href="https://t.co/UhhgLKmtlz">pic.twitter.com/UhhgLKmtlz</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/683730187209568256">January 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

From the NBA Dish thread: Brooklyn Loses Jack on 1/3/15:

Yeah,I feel badly for JJack. I think he's a good player in the right situation.

Losing Terry would/is a bad idea, IMO. He's one of the few guys that can hold everyone together on our roster.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ahem, and now back to your 76ers tidbit...............? :cool:

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Terry needs to retire in Dallas..anything else wouldn't make sense. So him gone I don't mind. He hasn't really contributed anything this season, and rarely last.

Jack is not the answer and getting rid of Lawson for nothing is even dumber

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

All the more reason to bring in a Thibs type coach. We need someone who will lead and command respect.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I still like Jarrett and was hoping we dealt for him at the DL last year. Love Jet, but I don't blame him one bit for wanting to escape this dumpster fire for greener pastures.

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Honestly, how can anybody be mad with Terry he gave our team a fair shot.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Moreyball = mediocrity-ball.

CF: "Look at all the winning seasons!".

Clutchfans where mediocrity is celebrated.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

On JET to Dallas - No reason why the Rockets can't hold him and get Dallas to give up a 2nd rounder for him. If I'm Morey I wait till the absolute last minute to waive Terry since I know for a fact that both Terry and the Mavs want this to happen.

But again I'm a d*&$ so as a professional courtesy maybe, but still no reason why Morey can't get a 2nd for him.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think anybody is. Rockets are sucking, show no real signs of improving, and probably aren't having much fun.

17. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

If the deal is straight up then totally agree, but I assuming that this would not have been a one for one deal. Salaries would not work, this deal likely included Bogdanovic and a draft pick or cash payment.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Where the hell is this coming from? Are you lost? This thread is about a Cyberx trade rumor. What does it have to do with Moreyball?

And Moreyball didn't win the Rockets anything. Harden and Howard got the Rockets two really good seasons... seasons where they were a contender when they probably weren't supposed to be. The Rockets had a legit chance last year to win the title.

Nobody is celebrating Moreyball for that reason, claiming they are satisfied with JUST two or three seasons of success, or giving his basketball philosophy credit for their success. Morey did however do a good job of managing the roster and constructing trades to put the team in position to acquire Harden & Howard. Then last year he did a decent job of contructing supporting players.

This year.... Morey is back in the CF doghouse of course. Not sure what the hell you are griping about in THIS thread. This is just a trade that DIDN'T happen that would have solved very little, but probably would have gotten the Rockets two wing players (Bogdanovic & Karasev) to take a look at while getting a solid backup PG (one who I'm not high on but as a backup, you can do worse). All of that for a player who isn't really playing much and has little impact on the team... oh and who is getting paid 12 mil per year, and has off the court issues.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Someone confirm that Terry is unhappy
    else
    this is just a bunch of folx feeding their own narrative that they have been boasting

Rocket River

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's fine that Terry can "hold us together", but who is going to turn us around??...and that is why we should trade Terry and anyone that isn't part of the long term solution for this team.