1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: J Jack was set to become a Rocket before injury (Terry included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yikes, that ACL tear though. Would've HATED to see Terry leave, especially if his final destination would be back to Dallas.

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. Not a good sign. I don't blame him. He thought he was getting a last crack at a ring and instead gets a bunch putz's who can't put team first.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Dang that sucks.. I really liked Jack. Wonder if Codman has any insight on the backup plan..

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

#FreeJet

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And now Lawson has an "injured ankle".

Well, maybe it is tweaked so he can't get those 15 mpg, but I have my doubts on that.

I do wish Jason Terry the best, should he wind up on another team. Never thought I'd like the guy; when he wore a Mavs uniform he'd just kill us. But he's all right, actually. Wish our team hadn't let him down.

Well, we'll see if something else comes up. I feel bad for Daryl Morey, too, somewhere on the Witness Protection Program. Won't come up for air until January 16th at the earliest, it seems.

6. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

So Jason Terry must have known about the trade? To plan it for him to go back to Dallas. Is that still his goal? Can we expect Terry to leave regardless?

Im all for him on a personal level going back to the place where he got his ring. I hold no ill will towards the fella.

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

thats a huge assumption based on very little

2 people like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jet is ready for takeoff back to Dallas.

Yes, Jason Terry is a MFFL.

Jason Terry was going to sign with Dallas in the offseason. Expect him to go back.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, true, but Terry makes so little as a vet - that the only reason to include him is so he can be released.....

Morey does not toss assets away - but he has done some of them a solid, like Aaron Brooks a few years ago...

DD

10. basketballholic

It would be interesting to know more about the dynamic between Terry and Harden now. Remember Harden was the one that insisted Terry return here when Terry had pretty much agreed to sign in New Orleans.

cyber, any more tidbits regarding the relationship between Terry and Harden? Do you know if they're still good or if Terry has tired of him?

While I do agree that moving Terry would have been doing him a solid so he could end his career in Dallas I have to wonder if the other end of that would be just the smallest wake-up call to Harden, letting him feel just a little sting of what happens when the team doesn't win.

Next, the version of the trade that I heard involved Thornton, not Terry. It was Jack, Bogdanovic, TRob for Lawson/Thornton.

And finally, I'm not convinced this trade is dead. Jack is essentially an expiring. He could very well be used to move to another team as matching salary. And this trade could re-materialize in 3-way form with us getting another point instead of Jack and Jack going to a third team as filler.

11. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Gosh if Terry wanted to be a Mav so bad why didn't he just go to them in the offseason like he said he wanted to. Just get rid of him and let Thornton take those minutes.

12. dragician

dragician Member

jack is in Houston now.

[​IMG]

13. basketballholic

Harden talked him into coming back.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's jacked up

15. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Interesting, thanks.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just not our year.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think he'd have been a great fit, but really hate giving up on Lawson. His talent hasn't faded in one season, he could still be a huge contributor if utilized better.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Since when is hollic an insider?

19. hakeemthagreat

Trading Lawson would've been stupid. Lawson has been playing better & if we'd take him off the leash then he'd be playing even better. The problem is James Harden can't play off the ball and the coaching staff isn't creative enough to run any other plays besides Harden iso's down the stretch. Last game they were FORCED to do something different after 4 lazy Harden pocket passes, and magically we scored via Jason Terry side pick n roll.

The problem is we don't run enough plays and become very predictable. Jarrett Jack would do the same thing Lawson's doing, which is stand in the corner & wait for Harden to pass the ball.

Damn this offense sucks

1 person likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't blame Terry whatsoever for wanting out. This guy was about to sign elsewhere only to have Harden beg him to come back under the lure of winning a championship together. Terry believed Harden, only to see James playing selfish, lackadaisical basketball, putting himself before the team and not prioritizing winning.

The rest of the role players have quit on James Harden. They aren't going to go out and give 110% effort like we need them to, when their leader James Harden is giving 50% effort every game, while still demanding the ball and jacking up ill-advised threes with no hope of going in, while also having the audacity to publicly deflect blame from himself.

1 person likes this.