1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston Rockets Weighing Future of Head Coach Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 24, 2021.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You would think the front office would instruct him to play certain players more than others. But, i guess that’s not happening.

Joe Rocket and KingCheetah like this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's a stupid thing to say - he has been an assistant coach since 2000. 20 years of experience and being groomed to coach is hardly "unqualified". But if you want to be another hot take dummy, then by all means, don't let those facts get in the way. He may have got a start in the league due to his father, but he most certainly has a lot of experience in the same manner a lot of NBA head coaches start out with.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol guess u just like silas were offered a sht position that was set for failure. Can't imagine u enjoy defending every sht takes/reasons for getting rid of silas.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This, I defer my time to @KingCheetah

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure. But I can also say it's a start with the cycle of hiring bad coaches. If u fked up the first time with silas against your former superstar wishes what's preventing the cycle from stopping. Hence (in progress).

6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it weren't for his Daddy being an NBA player and coach, he isn't coaching in the NBA. IMO, he got to skip the line and that makes him unqualified.

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You dont keep a bad coach because youre afraid that the next one will be bad lol If anything that should make you as a new GM learn what you need from a coach.

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

At this snapshot in time, Silas is not hirable as a head coach. If he were fired today, he'd never get another head coaching job in the NBA. He needs to talk to Stone and do whatever he needs to do in order to keep his job. If that means playing House and Theis (I hated typing that as much as you hated reading it by the way) so be it. If it means playing all 4 rookies and the other young guys then full speed ahead. Right now, I don't know wtf the plan is.

Starting Theis has been detrimental to the development of KPJ and Green. Wood and Theis is a losing pairing and has been all season long. It doesn't work. I don't know what else he needs to see.

ashleyem and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No it's actually an indictment of Stone and his understanding of the GM role with respect to the coach he personally hired. Maybe he is of the BOB Coach GM school?

But, since your posts invariably always suck, i am going to no bill the indictments on both counts.

Hopefully Stonetitta find a coach who wants them to pitch in with their advice and everyone is happy

10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone is just another of the unqualified replacements for a once proud franchise. We got the Tilman bargain 2fer with Stone and Silas.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Oh sure u r right. I'm in no way saying we should keep silas, just saying it the start of the coaching carousel. I have no faith tilman ability to hire any competent personnel, seeing that he Personally drove away Morey and co coupled with his cheap ass style. Just more factors for becoming and staying a bottom cellar team.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

How would you know that though? My posts dont suck just because you disagree with me Sam if youre that much of a troll why reply to me at all. You are not all seeing God. Silas is not doing a good job if I were GM and yes its unprofessional, but still i might be inclined to help the guy. It doesnt look like Silas has it in him to be a hardass and push defense.

13. kiwirocketsfan

I believe the core that we have a playoff contenders or even championship contenders with the right coach...

In five years time

DatRocketFan likes this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

True and Im not defending TIlman but Morey's no angel either and he is also what led us to this place.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i agree we should let him play out the year. A mid season firing does no one any good. There’s no upside to that at all.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Also the irony that you have over 50,000 posts and only half the likes and you say my posts always suck. I'll take that as a compliment coming from you lol

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Deciding to Rebuild isn't Morey fault. Man has spent his whole career with us avoiding exactly that. U honestly believe that after 13 years of avoiding it like a plague we suddenly r forced to rebuild and tank. Lol tilman wanted it and tilman got it.

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It might do the players who arent getting playing time some good so I disagree.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LES avoided the rebuild not Morey. Thats a and b Morey made alot of decisions that led us to even be in a position where we could think about rebuilding.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Since the new rep system started Sam only has 2136 posts and 24,000+ likes.

Deckard likes this.