1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston Rockets Weighing Future of Head Coach Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 24, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Reasonable but u don't speak for everyone who want silas fired. We have some that honestly believe firing Silas = instant playoff contenders, so fk tanking. quite delusional.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Embarrassing if true.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Well thats crazy lol

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

If Silas is such a bad coach, what does that say about the people that hired him?

This isn’t the time for a coaching change. Maybe next year, maybe the year after.

We could probably win more games if we give the vets more minutes. But, is that what we really want at this point?

Let’s continue to gather young talent and draft picks and be patient.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The Patrick Tilman…………
    Heard he runs a pretty good NBA2K motion offense……..

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

To be fair Silas is the Coach. The idea that Stone felt the need may be an indictment of Silas' coaching.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

J.r. well thought out post is to address those delusional posters. We don't magically become contenders getting rid of a coach especially with this roster he eloquently uses past teams record to destory this foolish belief.

So like I said while u may find that there is a similar consensus to get rid of Silas u don't speak for everyone.

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Ah man, just when I thought Stone was cool…definitely a very troubling sign! A GM should have zero influence on rotations. He can make his suggestions or whatever, but giving advice during practice and all that….big no!

Mr Woods likes this.
  9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas piggybacked off of his Dad's career to begin with. He played college ball (Brown University:rolleyes:), never played professionally, never was a head coach at any level, yet begins his career coaching in the NBA? Talk about having things served to you on a silver platter. He may be a nice guy and all, but he is undeserving and unqualified to be an NBA head coach.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm not saying we will make the playoffs but anything is better than silas tbh.

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I saw someone say that the Hawks became a playoff team and went to ECFs after they fired their coach but I didnt see them guarantee it would happen here. They were just using that as an example. I think thats where a lot of people get the wrong ideas in this forum. The nuance of reading and then assuming what someone is saying is a clear trait here. I havent seen anyone say they EXPECTED to get to the playoffs with a new coach just that there might be a possibility. Its rare but you never know. Ofcourse I havent read every post on here and their are some crazy ass people on here so anything is possible lol

12. hakeemthagreat

Silas had no chance from the time he started. If you can him, I'd like Mark Jackson

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

It is about time. It's not that we're losing why we should be firing him, it's because we don't look like we have any system whatsoever and the decisions he makes are complete nonsense. At this point firing him is the best thing we could do for the development of our rookies. We all know it and all time great coach couldn't bring this team to the playoffs but at least develop the important player such as JG and Sengun.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some people expected us to still b contenders after we lost harden and went on a hot streak last season. U best believe there are some people thinking this current roster with the right coach will lead us to playoff contention.

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

It'll be a surprise if Lucas is not interim HC following the holiday.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Losing shouldn‘t be his downfall… but it seems like he is not developing his rookies right. Especially Green. Not sure how much of that is on Green himself and how much is on Silas, but there don‘t seem to be many plays designed to help him (with screens both on and of the ball or misdirection plays or something like that) - and he still seems overwhelmed. Sengun seems to need more minutes not sure if his stamina can handle this - but he gets in foul trouble a lot and at least some of that should be able to get better with coaching.

I don‘t care about winning but I would like a coach, that makes the game easy for our rookies and helps them develope fast. And it doesn‘t seem like thats Silas.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No one expects us to be contenders, but we need to see Silas actively making adjustments to improve the quality of the team's play.

jch1911, ElPigto and clos4life like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said u don't speak for all the folks that wants silas gone hence J.R. long and well put post.

Rebuilds r long and some posters don't have the patience. Hell some folks don't even believe in tanking.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want him fired because I don't believe he is an attention to detail guy that can teach the young guys.

In every successful instance he is credited with he got a SUPERSTAR player to work with, the Rockets don't have a single star player right now, we have some maybes....but we need someone to help teach them how to unlock their potential.

I don't see that in him at all.

DD

Moe, bballjunkie and Monkeychef02 like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Actually I was offered the speaker for all position and accepted.