1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston Rockets Weighing Future of Head Coach Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 24, 2021.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I would imagine his only directive to play any vets would be EG only, to build up trade value.

Outside of him, Thies is here to maybe mentor young bigs and eat up minutes here and there. He is not deciding games so he shouldn't necessitate playing time. And I guess Augustine is ok as far as minutes played.

It was a given we would stink this year and we have not disappointed, but NGL I anticipated this revolutionary offense once Silas got here based on Dallas'... not seeing it. If anything get the young players in an efficient system and then in a couple of years of getting young prospects that can grow into decent starters and/or role players, plug in a vet or Star and we back in the hunt again.

jch1911 and Joe Rocket like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kenny Atkinson please…he was who I wanted initially

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Silas needs to go, we need a "TEACHING" coach our team is so young, and undisciplined.

Maybe Silas is great with veterans or players that already are developed, but I don't see the proper growth on this team from a team perspective, they should be making harder cuts, setting better screens, knowing where to be on the floor - but it still looks like a bad YMCA team to me.

That is on the coach.....he should be defining roles, and teaching our 19 year olds how to play and what they need to work on....and he keeps overplaying Theis when Sengun is clearly the better player.

DD

4. juanming

juanming Member

5. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Wouldn't be mad at this, but would have to happen in the offseason.

He's on the Warriors staff right now, so even more so would be a decent hire for the future.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if Lucas would be bad by default.

A lot of people thought Lue and Kerr would be bad coaches by default and it turned out they are both really good coaches.

Maybe Lucas has just the right amount of leadership and strategy to coach. You're never going to know who will be good or bad at being a head coach until they actually get the chance to do it.

I still don't like firing a coach in the middle of the season...but Silas is really testing the patience. I mean we can't keep running into 10 game losing streaks with ease like this.

Patience and Joe Rocket like this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You can be book smart and still be an idiot at the job you have. I went to Business School but that doesnt make me a good plumber. I just hate to blame rookies who have barely been given a chance. All things point to him not being able to develop a young team and wanting to win so instead of trying to develop the young guys he overplays the vets. Silas seems like someone who had it in his head he had a vet team and made plans for that and then when the script changed he is slow to adjust or doesnt want to adjust at all. At this point I think he wants to be fired.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why in the offseason? Timberwolves hired Finch away from Toronto midway through the season.

10. juanming

juanming Member

to be perfectly honest I'm actually kind of enjoying all this drama because I have no life

Yes I'm saying no no no to John Lucas but actually deep deep down in a dark place I'm actually laughing because I know he's going to start his boy Daniel house and get all of y'all upset and he's going to keep Kevin Porter at point guard and make green look even worse

Do y'all really think John Lucas will do a motion offense starting with our best player sengun?

I got a bridge to sell. It's over here in San Francisco where I'm currently partying at

I need $100 I'll sell you a bridge for a Benjamin

But in all seriousness I'm enjoying this crap... This BBS is going to explode when y'all see Lucas give Daniel house more minutes then Silas did

11. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I
    yea but Luke is not the answer either

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Don't really see the Warriors wanting to mess up what they have to help Houston in any way shape or form. But stranger things have happened.

Minnesota has NEVER been a threat to do anything smart.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

it would be to allow Atkinson to get an immediate promotion to HC

we’re irrelevant to GS

ThrillaNManilla and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

That would be funny if they pulled a JB Bickerstaff on us again lol Just a worse version of Mchale at the time lol I really hope they have someone in mind who would actually play the kids. Doesnt have to win games just play the damn kids. Why is it so hard to do.

harold bingo likes this.
  15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I think Mark Jackson would be the perfect fit. He was a guard who can help guide KPJ and Green and I feel his personality would fit in with a young group but at the same time have an authoritative presence.

beardsanity713 and Amel like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Weaver is the pick of the coach already on staff. Lucas is a great hand but there will be turn over and I don’t want to get Lucas tied to a position that gets fired.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tilbitch aint gonna pay 2 head coaches. silas tryin to get fired instead of just putting himself out of his own misery by resigning… so he can still get the remaining $ on his contract. i also think lucas gets named interim HC

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol. At least with Lucas you know he is interim and temporary.

Silas was signed to stay for years, now we know he won’t.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We have to be careful here, this leaking out could just be the FO telling Silas to get it together and letting him know he's being judged and there won't be excuses for him.

Some people think him having a young team means everything he does should be excused and it looks like, if this report is right that is, that the FO isn't going to give him those excuses.

clos4life and daywalker02 like this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No team should be losing 15 games in a row this early in the season. We are not even clearly tanking.

clos4life likes this.