1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes: Because he will jump from to the next vet slot + the humongous cap spike . And he will be in a team that is a contender. Plus one more year of development from Payne who looks like a future star.

To what end he will come to Houston? Because Harden is his BFF? A team that isn't even in the playoffs and might end up losing it's starting C for nothing?

By Bobby's logic Durant should just sign with the Spurs or GSW and be done with it. All else is meaningless.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stone hands Asik. We have Capela already for that.
    Are you gonna pay Anderson?
    Cole is a backup PG but also a FA.

Dwight's exorbitant salary, these teams have to cobble together 3-for-1, 4-for-1 deals. Houston doesn't have the roster spots.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I wouldn't but never say never with Dorrell.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

True. Hopefully we would just cut Ty, JET and Scrub Bev(Can't due to that silly contract).

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What do we have to give up to dump the scrub ass Dekker?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA">@ZachLowe_NBA</a>: the Celtics have &quot;recoiled&quot; at Houston's asking price for Dwight Howard in a trade: <a href="https://t.co/SKy1bU4jZF">https://t.co/SKy1bU4jZF</a></p>&mdash; Brian Robb (@CelticsHub) <a href="https://twitter.com/CelticsHub/status/699611657140617216">February 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I knew it was a bad pick as soon as we selected him.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You call OKC a "contender" but all they are is Westbrook and Durant, without Durant they are a lottery team hoping to win it all and get Ben Simmons. OKC has no real chance of beating either the Spurs or Warriors so they really aren't a legitimate contender and they haven't really been one since they foolishly traded Harden at the behest of their cheapskate owner. Do you really think Durant wants to waste another year of his prime there to put a couple more dollars in his pockets or does he want a chance to actually win a championship in his prime?

I'm not saying Durant is definitely leaving OKC and certainly not that he's coming to Houston, but it would make a whole lot of sense if he did leave OKC.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Would be nice to get rid of both him and scrub Bev.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Beverly has trade value. He is a great fit for the triangle for example.
    Dekker is just a small sweetener.

11. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

im really curious and Kevin Love. A 3-way trade between Atlanta, Houston, and Cleveland could work. There was a report that Cleveland really wants Korver.

Houston gets Love, Mozgov
    Atlanta gets Dwight, T Jones
    Cleveland gets Horford, Korver, and Mack

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol i read a lot of people asking for turribul players like Anderson, Lou Williams...Gortat is good but i don't know...

I hope Morey does everything he can to acquire Horford, that would be special imo, leave Teague where he is if you have to throw in Capela or D.Mo. And if Horford is not possible, i hope he goes to the Celtics so we can maybe trade Howard for Smart or a package of Smart, Crowder, pick/s...Smart + one pick or Crowder + 2 picks would be great imo.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Last year Ibaka AND westbrook were injured for a lot of games and they still almost made the playoffs if they just won one game. And last year the West was 10 times more competitive than this year. This year if they played like that they would have made it no problem

Meanwhile Houston with only one injured player can't make the playoffs in a much weaker West.

Unless Durant goes to GSW or Spurs why shouldn't he resign in OKC?

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wizards deal is the only one I'd take. Gortat and a young prospect / pick is great value.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I was thinking something like this also

16. malakas

malakas Member

Horford is worth much more than Howard in a trade. And Korver is worth tens of times more than Jones.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This would be nice. Everyone gets better. Well maybe not ATL since they are getting Tjones but I think everyone wins in the long run.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ibaka was out only last month of rs, and when Wes was out Durant was in in more games than not...i think.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty clear that chemistry is the problem in Houston, not talent. Durant could come in and help turn things around and have a real shot at a championship on a team without a cheapskate owner and with one of the best GM's in the league.....not to mention he'd get to re-unite with one of his best friends and get the hell out of OKC. Now I'm sure other teams would make some interesting offers as well, so I just don't see the lure of wasting one more year in OKC before then looking to find the team he's going to start from scratch and try to win on at 29 years old. It would seem like he'd want to get an earlier start than that.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Love and Mosgov would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.