1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, but, Greg Monroe, a "bruiser"?

If he's supposedly a defensive liability, why would New Orleans want him for a "bruiser"? I can see wanting him for the talent, sure, but more on the other side of the ball.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Harden isn't going anywhere

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Harden doesn't seem like the type to leave a dollar on the table so that is the one anchor we may have to keep him.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get that kind of speculation though. Finding one team with another superstar that could take on 2 max contracts would be fairly hard to do AND you have Durant wasting another year of his prime in OKC. I think it's far more likely that Durant walks after this season and then Westbrook walks the season after that and heads for a big market team like the Lakers or Knicks.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He just got $200 million from Adidas.

I'd say Harden will be making us sweat in two years if the Lakers haven't found Kobe's heir. Harden wants the spotlight and I wouldn't be surprised if he used LA as leverage either to get traded on the last year of his contract so he can keep his Bird rights or just say **** it make up the rest on the end of the next contract (he'll be 30)

6. justtxyank

Durant could jump to the Lakers this offseason with the expectation that Westbrook follows the next year.

I just see Houston as a major longshot. I'm sure come offseason we'll get the usual fluff pieces and we'll have the same posters on here who kept telling us why Aldridge was going to pick us and why Bosh was going to pick us and why Carmelo was going to pick us, etc. telling us that Durant will pick us. Then we won't be mentioned by the media in the finals and those same posters will be telling us why we shouldn't listen to the media, JR will keep posting articles that don't connect us to the player anymore and Cat will keep telling us why we should ignore it and that we are the only viable option, yada yada yada.

Then he'll go somewhere else and the rage will flow. :(

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

lol at 60% likely to leave

How does one even come up with a random %

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden... if he leaves Houston he will be a semi type star player. The system in Houston helps his game so much.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So he'll head to an awful Lakers team in the hopes that a year later Westbrook follows him? Do you actually think that's a likely scenario?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think it may be 59% not 60

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guess it comes down to how desperate Houston is to move Dwight.

And why?
    Do they not want to pay him in the summer?
    Do they think he'll walk?
    Do they think he no longer fits?

And larger questions:
    What we're all wondering: How did we get from the end of where they were last year to where they are now? Damn!
    They wanted Dwight two and half years ago to now wanting to see what his market is to possibly move him. Do they regret signing Dwight?

So how desperate are they?

Woj said yesterday they'd have to accept 60 cents for a deal. They're not even getting 60 cents! They're getting like 20 or 30 cents.

So take 30 cents for a deal now or go into the summer?

I'd probably go into the summer and if he walks, he walks. If someone pays him more than you're willing, so be it. Good luck.

Hypothetical deals
    Miami: Whiteside + salary filler; Whiteside is a FA to be; Deng/Anderson are FAs to be; Dragic on a long term deal; McRoberts this year, next year and a player option the following year.

New Orleans: Asik & Anderson; Asik is on the books for 4 more years($11M(x3) & $14M); Anderson is a FA to be. Lowe said he may ask/get $20M per year.

Washington: Gortat + filler + pick OR young player; Gortat is on the books for 3 more years ($12,000,000 | $12,782,609 | $13,565,218)

Atlanta: Teague & Horford are dream targets; don't think there's a realistic deal here.

Boston, Charlotte, Toronto not interested.
    Dallas & Memphis don't have assets.

Are you prepared to pay Anderson? Are you prepared to pay Whiteside? Otherwise, those deals are crap(they kinda are anyways) and you should just ride it out with Dwight.

12. justtxyank

I think the LIKELY scenario is he re-signs in OKC.

13. malakas

malakas Member

of course he's a bruiser. Much more than Dwight. The reason is because he's a perfect fit next to AD. (at least perfect if AD works some more on his defence ).

Jrue for Monroe. Get it done. Plus Monroe is from NO.

14. justtxyank

$20 million for Ryan Anderson?

LOL, he is our white whale. :(

15. malakas

malakas Member

excuse me JR where did it say that Charlotte is not interested? Did Lowe said it?

Btw I think Gortat+ Dudley + Oubre is not 60 cents of the dollar. More like 90 cents. You get a young high potential wing a very good C and an amazing role player. And Gortat is in a bargain contract.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Anderson/Gordon/lotto protected 1st for Dwight/Jones makes a lot of sense on the surface.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To what end? To waste another year there only to leave the very next season? Why? Next season will be his 10th in the NBA and he hasn't even sniffed a championship since Harden left OKC nearly 4 years ago. How many more seasons of his prime can he afford to waste?

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Asik, Anderson and Norris Cole for Dwert?

19. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

If we can get something for Tmac with one broken kneecap on an expiring (knicks) we can trade Dwight... smh

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You think they'd want to take on Asik's contract?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.