1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Well if we get him, you hope that a change of scenery or a faster pace will get him going again. I haven't watched enough Heat games to figure out exactly what the problem is with Dragic.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dragic might be the better fit alongside Harden (vs Teague) but I am not so sure Morey would like Dragic's contract to Teagues. Morey values flexibility and might prefer Teague's shorter deal.

Whiteside and Horford are both UFAs. I'd take my chances at being able to re-sign Horford to a max than Whiteside who might look to the bright lights of LA.

I'm not against Dragic per se. But I have cooled on him. If Morey moved Howard for Dragic than I would take a "wait and see" approach to whatever "follow up" moves Morey made either at the deadline or during this summer FA to make an evaluation.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Atlanta would not. That was my point. Getting back only howard for teague and horford is ridiculously horrible deal.

4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

If NYC offered Melo & a 1st for Dwight would you do it

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I'd want dragic but not on that contract. If we want a point guard we should be on the phone with Atlanta. In that trade scenario, The Heat are trying to use our asset(Dwight) as the big trade piece while taking back all Atlanta has to offer. That doesn't work for us. We need to receive more if we're taking dragic's contract off their hands. They would just be offloading contracts on us. Send us Korver!

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Naw. I would just let Dwight walk and get the Cap room before I pay a broken down Melo that type of $$$$

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

IMHO Dragic is suffering like Lawson from having a ball dominant Wade. Or at least that's what I've read from Heat boards. Let's say you do this and then trade Harden for Griffin and give the keys to Dragic. You could also get something decent need a SG now, for a Lawson and Capela or Dmo.

Is Dragic, Griffin, Whiteside better than Harden and Howard?

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep Winslow or bust.

We don't win in these deals bc of the money coming back. All of this is happening for one reason.. Morey's inability to hire a top tier coach. He wants a puppet and we're suffering.

2 people like this.
  9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If they include their '15 1st round draft pick. Yes.:grin:

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're not trading Harden and esp for Blake Griffin. Lol

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets can throw in TJones :grin:

For you folks that want Winslow. Forget it. He is NOT going to be moved. Just move along.

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I wouldn't do it without Winslow. Dragic is in decline to me and Whitesides non-bird rights is unappealing and it's valuable to teams trading for him.

Winslow, Whiteside, Deng, and Anderson for Dwight + Fillers

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Overpaid broken star for overpaid broken star?

Carmelo is owed: $22,875,000(this year) -- $24,559,380(16-17) -- $26,243,760(17-18) -- $27,928,140(18-19)

Carmelo would have to approve a trade to Houston.

To answer your question, no.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

No Winslow, no trade.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We aren't getting Winslow.

16. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Media is going to love Dwight going to Miami. They will talk about Pat Riley the gawd. Plus they hate Houston.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Winslow would be moved to Atlanta in that deal, and I don't think Miami has any intention of moving Winslow. He's not had the brightest rookie year, but the kid has a lot of potential.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Then it will be no trade. Look, Miami has already given up 2 1st rounders for Dragic, they aren't going to trade a top 10 pick (Winslow) and cripple their future. Not happening.

19. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Am I the only one who thinks neither Teague nor Dragic will be as effective they currently are (yes I'm saying Dragic would be even worse than now) playing for Houston?

Teague is right below Kemba Walker and Kyle Lowry in terms of usage this season. Dragic isn't as high, but I believe that's the primary reason he's struggling.

Neither of them are good enough to warrant taking the ball out of Harden's hands and we've already seen Lawson struggle without the ball. I'd rather hold out for Conley. If not, then spend the extra cap space over the summer upgrading the PF position.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Could we end up with whiteside/Teague?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.