1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Dragic is a better fit IMO.

I also prefer Dragic's contract, Teague is expiring after next season.

2. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

This is what I'm saying! To say what he heard isn't true is crazy! If he had heard Lawson for Lebron and he posted about it doesn't mean that what he heard isn't true. It just means that it probably won't happen. Same thing here. He probably heard something and just posted it. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. CyberX does the same thing. He says stuff and not all of them happen. He tells us what he has heard.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I think he made a change in his training regime and since then had no problem. I read it somewhere recently but not quote me on that. It was from lifting.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think it stems from the fact that horford is more in line how a big man needs to play in the NBA now. Guys like whiteside are not as valuable because they can't stretch the floor not to mentions he really not a great defender outside of blocking some shots.

Horford is a lot higher IQ player better passer, team defender and much better shooter.

Dragic is prob better than Teague imo but he's on a huge 5/90 mil deal and is close or is 30? Not sure. While the cap is going up im not sure having gogi on that deal is the best idea. I think it says a lot that pay Riley is willing to trade him after giving him a max deal in under a year.

He's a good player just not 18m a year good imo. And I know malakas or somone like that is going to scream at me about that's the price for talent and that may be so.

But that's the wrong talent imo and the price is to hight.

Horford is worth offering 20+m a year and Teague is locked in for 2 year at 8m a year which is a fair deal and still allows you to resign horford and make a max offer at durant.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

My main issue was not paying him the max for his production last year. My main issue now is the huge drop-off from last year to this year in terms of production and efficiency. That wasn't foreseeable last year, at least not that it would happen this soon.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. If I was Morey I would hold out for Horford and Teague or bust. Horford is all about winning.

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Trading a center for center is pretty pointless. Would rather have Horford

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Understood.

Well I don't want Dragic either. :)

Tide turns fast though!

9. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How is Dragic a better fit? They are very similar players.

27 year old going into contract year > 30 year old going into second year of albatross deal.

11. amaru

amaru Member

I don't doubt that he has changed his routine, but the damage would still remain.

I used to lift with crappy form and still have occasional issues with my right shoulder. Still, your form has to be pretty crappy to cause pec tears (plural) while playing basketball.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I think the Rockets would do this trade.

Center and power forward are rapidly changing positions in the NBA. I wouldn't be shocked if Morey would like a "re do" at those spots.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Agreed. If we can shed T Jones, others.

It might even give us slight flexibility in offseason.

I also don't see why another team wouldn't want Dragic if it doesn't work in Houston. Deals can be made if things don't work out.

I believe we could stay under 53 million cap by only keeping Harden, Ariza, Dragic, Bev, DMO, Dekker, Capella, Harrell.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

17. malakas

malakas Member

18. chandlerbang21

So many people here in denial lol face it ladies duhhhhwight is on the trade block

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It's possible that Morey may be in a NO win situation...

What we see or think may not be reality of what's available, so in the end you have to take the best of the worst scenarios...

T_Man

20. Ryris

Ryris Member

Winslow or no deal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.