1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

it would have to be a three team deal to do the whiteside trade

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

QFT

Think about this for a second. If a nurturing and veteran environment consisting of Pat Riley, Wade and Bosh isn't enough for the Heat to want to retain Whiteside, why in the world do you think he'd be better off in Houston?

And don't give me the crap about, "we need to take the risk"

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Dragic, Winslow, and Whiteside for Dwight.

Whitesides non-bird rights is an issue. They are going to have to give up more.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's waaaaay too much talent from the Heat's perspective.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

lol

I thought about trying to say something thoughtful or insightful about your post...but...

lol

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Whiteside is the main piece (and he's expiring). Rest is garbage/expiring contracts from Miami.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...th-players-weighing-in.html#storylink=addthis

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't really like Miami as a trading partner - you could get Whiteside this offseason if you wanted him.

And I don't think they move Winslow.

That said, aren't the Celtics jumping for joy at this point no one took them up on their offer? Clearly, Winslow is SUPER young, and he seems smart, is an amazing athlete, etc.

But we're looking at a pretty serious level of offensive ineptitude even for a 19/20 year old... if the assumption is he's a multiple time all-star in the future.

It's nice to look at a Kawhi and say look at the improvement. Kawhi was a 37% three point shooter his rookie year, and a 57% TS% and 16+ PER... which is like MJ compared to Winslow (7 PER, 49% TS%). Winslow reminds me more of MKG than anything else at the moment.. though even he was much better as a really young rookie.

I'm not saying the Heat move him, especially for a rental, but if someone else out there is really valuing that upside and will give them something meaningful, they should move him. They'd jump all over that Celtics offer today.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Dragic I can maybe see, as he isn't panning out that well in Miami and is on a lousy contract. They may ask for somebody else in return and it may take a third team to make it happen. But no way they give up Winslow.

9. bmd

bmd Member

Okay, but the options aren't Whiteside or nothing. There are other options. If your team has chemistry and ego problems, Whiteside is about the last player you'd want to add.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'd be ok with Whiteside if we had a real coach.

11. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

They are going to have to give up something of significance knowing that Whiteside doesn't have bird-rights:

Could also see: Whiteside, Winslow, Deng and Anderson expiring contracts. The only thing Miami is giving up with value is Winslow. Rockets would have no team control over Whiteside, which Morey likes.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The Rockets are becoming Degeneration X. I love it.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Miami has a real coach now and Whiteside is still a nutcase.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Miami makes sense but hard to get Rockets value without shipping half their team (if you don't include dragic, bosh, or wade).

I really think a three team deal w/ Dragic is the best bet. Dragic is too much value for Dwight as an expiring believe it or not but you facilitate a three team deal to make up assets for the Rockets and the deal takes form.

Something like Dwight to Miami, Dragic to Philly, Noel & McRoberts to Houston would make some sense. Maybe Miami gets Ish or Canaan in the deal to help their backcourt in losing Dragic.

Just a hypothetical but this is more or less what id expect if Dwight is going to Miami. I think Dragic has to go somewhere to make it work or someone has to really love Luo Deng(who wouldn't be the Rockets).

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This. Whiteside is around a good coach, veteran teammates and proven winners, plus Pat Riley. If that environment didn't make him focused, nothing can.

16. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Deng + Anderson have $15m in expiring contracts.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would gladly take Deng as our sometimes stretch 4, replacing Corey Brewer and allowing Ariza to go back to the 3.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Miami will not part with Deng..

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A huge pass. This is what Miami would love to do. Unload crappy contracts. Morey isn't going to compromise cap flexibility

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That is stupid on the Heat's part, and a quintessential Howard for Whiteside swap is stupid on our side, we won't have bird rights so goodbye Hassan after a one season rental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.