1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The most worthless asset Morey has ever had. He can't even get a second rounder for Dwight.

He's a product of an outdated era in playing a position that has evolved away from most of his skill set and is demanding far too much money for what he provides whilst having injury issues.

I'm starting to think the best thing we'll get out of this is Howard coming off the books this summer.

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

But Rubio would never have the ball in his hands. Square peg round hole.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

It's not that we can't add a ball-handler next to Harden. Last year's model of Harden + defense/shooters had a ceiling that wasn't a championship team. We need Harden to adjust, and find a guy who fits the 2nd ball-handler role better than Lawson.

And Rubio is not it. I admire his IQ, vision and overall ability to setup an offense, but he's a historically bad scorer, and really hasn't improved in that area in his five seasons.

Basically we need a guy who's equally good off the ball and on it. Call me crazy but maybe a guy like Lou Williams, who's not a PG per say, but he's a combo who's can score in any situation (and on or off the ball). Keep Bev as the starter but play Lou 30 mpg or so, with and without Harden.

But someone like him is not the answer, because we still need to improve considerably on D and in terms of ball-movement. That's why I think we need to make multiple deals.

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Also more importantly than making a bunch of deals, we need an identity. Currently we are "Hardens teams that loves to shoot 3s". That is our identity.

The missing piece is not as much talent as it is philosophy & identity. A Coach who instills an actual identity and structure will get this team back on track. A few trades will obviously help with that because we have some misfit parts according to what our current identity is now...

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For any NBA team interested in trading for Pelicans Ryan Anderson, source said he's very interested in exploring FA so he'd be only a rental</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/699254667210067968">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem in adding a pg next to Harden is that he doesn't move without the ball 2 times out of 3...and that blocks all the offense because yeah, it's easy, one guy is with the ball in his hands, the other four needs to move to make something happen, if one of them doesn't move and just stays there like a pole, the other three cannot move properly...an that seems to happen too often.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thank god, i'll never want him in my team, let some desperate team like the Suns throw away money to sign him.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

We will have the same team after the deadline, just watch

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Even more empty seats in the Toyota Center.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Ainge isn't a r****d

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My question is this: What is Morey trying to accomplish with trading Howard?

It's not as if we're sitting on either ends of the spectrum where we're in the top 3-4 in the West or we're scheduled to finish with one of the worst records in the NBA either. Trading Howard will most likely yield nothing of immediate value since the cons (injury history, impending FA status, no longer elite, talent does not fit today's NBA) outweigh the pros. So what's left? Draft picks? Even that is a daunting task not only because of the aforementioned cons but also because of his salary.

So Morey don't trade Howard, keeps him for the rest of the year and lets him walk this summer. That probably means that we'll be watching a 7th-9th place team zombie walk through the rest of the season, with the prize being a middling 1st Round pick.

Or is he willing to take back salary to try and make some noise in the postseason (if they make it)? Then he just mortgaged salary cap space for Durant this summer and we know he's not going to let go of that dream/goal/erection.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You'd think there was some sort of market for Dwight. Not the $30,000,000-per-season market, but some of these middling guys are getting grotesque money, new salary cap or no.

It's funny because Morey is probably looking at both angles: ADD to the team, keeping Dwight; or trade Dwight for the best deal out there. And we ain't know s*** until it happens.

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

The perfect PG to play alongside Harden would be Jrue Holiday IF he wasn't the most injury prone player since T Mac.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The whole Pelicans team should be called Mr. Glass....Jrue...Tyreke....AD....Gordon...

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Last I heard (late, last night) was "Dwight wants to stay."

Hell if I know if Morey cares.

Personally, I'd like to have him here and rock with the usual suspects. You've got Biggie, The BirdsX2, Lukewarm Bullets, A Desert Firesale, The All Star Host with some interesting indicators, and a wildcard in the city of Brotherly LOVE and a few pieces in the Rip who want more time. Oh yeah, TJ isn't afraid to go home, if the price is right...

That's where I'm at...the FreeBirds are going Green. (Not Draymond...ewww! :mad:)

Love Ya'll. Keep your health up. There's nothing like radiation on Valentine's day. Love the ones who are your ride or dies.

Cod

edit: If you are annoyed with the cryptic, my boss is aware that I post on here. It's for my security, though it's not my first choice. I apologize that I can't just drop names.

As a few know, my name drops somehow ended up injuring players for the season (see Noah, Jack, Tyreke. I only escaped with JSmoov, who SHOULD be starting.

#1235 Codman, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Only way a team will bite is if you involve three other knucklheads with him. Sewer, Lawson, Jones.......even ariza :(

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Meyers Leonard, perhaps Ed Davis, Gerald Henderson...

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

True. I just don't see any team out there being desperate enough to do that. Dallas and the Lakers already shot that down.

We could offer him DJ and Marc money - wouldn't that be enough to satisfy the ego?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just my opinion is that I doubt Harden cares if he plays out the season here, and I doubt he cares if he is resigned... just as long as Harden has the assurance that Morey can bring Howard back and still DRASTICALLY improve the team.

These last two years of Harden's deal I'm sure his agent has made it clear to Morey that Harden isn't going to stay if the Rockets aren't contending. Despite what people think, he doesn't want to soley have to carry the Rockets to 48+ wins every year. At least that's what I'd tell Morey if I was Harden's agent.

So Morey I think the writing is on the wall that they have to go their separate ways but they can help each other out in the meantime amicably the second half of the season if they can go on a run to close out the season.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Biggie = Big E, Elvin Hayes
    Bird = Chris Anderson
    Bird = Larry Bird
    Lukewarm Bullets = Luke Jackson, 10th overall pick of the 2004 NBA Draft
    Desert Firesale = Phoenix wants to blow it up
    All Star Host = Toronto Raptors
    City of brotherly Love = Philly
    Few pieces in the Rip = role players in Portland
    Green = Danny Green

So what Cod is saying is:

Chris Anderson confused Elvin Hayes with Larry Bird, who thought Luke Jackson was going to be better than he was. Therefore Phoenix wants to trade us PJ Tucker for Corey Brewer and the Raptors want to give us back Lowry for Lawson. However, the 76ers also want to give us Nerlens Noel for Terrence Jones. Houstonian Tim Frazier of the Blazers wants to come home because he misses late night meals at House of Pies. And finally Danny Green loves Freebirds burritos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.