1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

I didn't take into account the owner's shortsightness or Morrey being endangered to get fired (as cyber has said)..
    But if we keep the same team with no Dwight we won't make the playoffs...if Memphis finds one C.
    Otherwise Memphis may fall out and we in.

Anyway the more I think of it the more I think Dwight is going to get traded to Charlotte. It just make sense and there are even factors who give Morrey the leverage.

Oh btw Horford has become now an All star. Good luck Ainge trying to steal him for cheap.:grin: Too bad.

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

He is, the league doesn't care about centers or should I say an outside league. Isn't Shaq that last great center? When has the league had a dry spell this long of great center? Previously, never. The league has changed, all you need is a Draymond Green to defend. Drummond, Davis, they will need great play at 1-3 to win a championship. Dirk was the last big man to win and be the center of attention and he is an outside force. Gasol Odom would be another example and that's not really a classic big man combo. The NBA is a soft outside shooting league.

3. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I agree 100%. We all know HOU front office works the phones all year not just around trade deadline, so HOU already has an idea of what the can get for every player on this roster. One of the sports show guys on 790 was saying these talks are more a wake up call to Howard of his resign value since HOU not looking to pay the max.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So disappointing.

The last thing I want to see is Harden, Howard and FO being content with the Rockets being middle if the pack loosers who has no chance at winning. Not contending, not rebuilding, just a broken team hovering .500 underachieving like crazy with no future.

I wouldn't mind a Howard for Plumlee, Vonleh and protected 1st type deal. Plumlee is a decent starting center on a rookie contract, that would help us big going into free agency having the center position covered by Capela and Plumlee for under 3 mill, allowing us to overspend at other positions.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Another superb post JR. It really dovetails with my line of thinking about Howard. Unfortunately, I saw this coming with Howard last year because of his ability to opt out of his contract this year and his wanting a max deal to be serious issues that would have to be dealt with this season. What has compounded this situation for the Rockets is their terrible record which finds them 9th place in the West at the All Star break. For Morey and the Rockets this is the proverbial worst case scenario - one for which there is no real solution. No matter what they do, no matter what decision they make on Howard, it will be the wrong decision and will impact this team's fortunes for the forseeable future.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill's been reading me:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10303816&postcount=308

7. malakas

malakas Member

What wakeup call? That no team is willing to trade assets so as to pay him 50 million more when they can get him for no assets next summer and pay him less?
    That's no wake up call. There are two teams who could be his primary suitors who don't even have assets to trade for him.
    Well..what do you expect the team to say? Oh we are angry and sad and we gonna trade Dwight for whatever we can get? They have to save face and pretend they don't care to salvage leverage.
    Doesnt' mean it won't happen..

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Umm...the Clippers get SHAFTED in this deal. Blake Griffin has the potential to emerge into a top 5 player in the league. You could argue it's Chris Paul that's holding him back.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

10. malakas

malakas Member

Blake is not walking through that door.
    Even if he's traded , which is doubtful he won't get traded to another Western contender/playoff team.

11. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Good thing we're in 9th!

12. basso

Supporting Member

Except, Blake is quasi-damaged goods, and the clippers need to move him. he'd be a great fit here, although i wonder if he'd have responded better to McHale than JBB.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Celtics likely won't look to acquire Dwight Howard, Al Horford<a href="https://t.co/35EZm0nCLo">https://t.co/35EZm0nCLo</a> <a href="https://t.co/Pp5AyDm0yt">pic.twitter.com/Pp5AyDm0yt</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/698267231939997696">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Quasi-damaged for this season.

We'd have 2016-17 to convince him to stay here (I think he can opt out in a year).

But I don't know if the Clippers would even entertain such ideas. They might want to maintain a semblance of loyalty. (And not help the Rockets, even as they don't suffer too much in the deal.)

15. ibm

ibm Member

that's crafty move by dwight tho. :p

16. rockets13champs

Dwights staying put. If anything he either signs to a lower contract in summer with us or goes to dallas. Id say 50-50 dallas vs houston because. Parsons and cuban can really entice a guy and learning from deandre they might force dwight into signing with dallas

17. basso

Supporting Member

wasn't thinking about his injury, more the damage he's done to his rep in LA.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Blake Griffin seems like a jerk. Don't think I would like cheering for him.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You will after seeing him Dunk on everyone. :grin:

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Blake's an awful person. People can't stand him off the court. If we had Harden and Blake here, this would be the most hated team in the NBA - if we already aren't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.