1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jesus Bill:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blazers = $20m under cap. Could offer Miles Plumlee/Tim Frazier for Dwight - saves Hou $20m + huge trade exception. Fun gamble for Rip City.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/698176212057722880">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Isn't he a turd on D?

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

His arms have always been pretty powerful looking. His chest and his stomach and maybe posture is what gives him an out of shape look. He has the perfect build to bulk up just a tad bit more and the cut in the offseason to get super ripped. Of course we all know he'll never do it.

He should hire Tim Grover as his trainer. Grover trained MJ, Kobe and T-Mac. T-Mac was looking great before the injuries but i never thought he had the build of MJ and Kobe and put on too much mass on his upper body while his legs were still so tiny and rail thin. Harden is built powerfully. Very thick and solid. Strong core. Lots of potential with his body. I'm not gay.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah the swole people at my gym are jacked too but once they hit a full court scrim they can't hang.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

James Harden on Dwight Howard: “I had a good talk with the big fella before the break and I said ‘We’re gonna make this thing work. We have no other choice.'”

James Harden on Dwight Howard trade rumors: “It’s outta my control"..

6. malakas

malakas Member

Bill Simmons is an idiot. Miles Plumlee is in Mil. Mason Plumlee is in PDX.
    And Tristan Thomspon's contract is horrendous. Why help the Cavs and take it off their hands?

Do not buy the Celtic's posturing about "it's not about the now but the future".
    All of Celtics assets for this year are about to go puff.
    Ainge is compelled to make a move right now. Sure he would prefer Horford but then he will have to pay much much more.

thank you, really appreciate it.

If the number is around 22 flat or so then it's not too bad.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bring Tim Frazier back home to Houston!!!! Awwww yeahhhhhhh

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol ill honestly be dissapointed if he isnt moved. He isnt going to work here with this crew who also needs to be moved

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Either teams are drastically trying to get the Rockets price down by saying they have no interest, or there really just is no interest and its better for the Rockets to just get this last couple months of basketball out of him before he bots.

I'm sort leaning towards the ladder. Just hard to visualize that many teams making a pitch that's worth anything enough for Morey to pull the trigger. Morey has to value a half season with Dwight > scrap heap contracts and mediocre level prospects. Its going to take a Brooklyn type pick or a really great young player to get a deal like this done guys.

I don't see it happening even though I would approve of a Dwight Howard trade if it brought back value. I certainly don't want him back on a max contract, and I think its time to go ahead, and expedite the re-tooling process. Morey could do alot with Dwight Howards contract off the books sooner rather than later.

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

for some reason i have this feeling that Dwight will not be traded and Morey will surprise us with a deal we didn't even discuss: Trade candidates:
    TJ Jones, Brewer, TY lawson, KJ Mcdaniels

11. malakas

malakas Member

I have thought about Portland (more considering Monroe to be honest)

Plumlee + Vonleh + Crabbe + Henderson + 2017 first for Dwight+ Brewer.

I don't like it.

12. malakas

malakas Member

The problem is that half a season of Dwight with no prospect of him resigning is in fact negative value since it will cost us a first round pick. Unless you believe that this team can beat the Spurs and the Warriors? Coz I don't.
    Noone will be surprised WHEN (not if) these players are traded. Especially Lawson and Jones.
    I for one take it for granted Jones and Lawson are goners. Terry probably as well.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. Who leaked the trade thing in the first place? Fegan might have, then made his own public statement by saying he didn't know anything about it or what the Rockets FO might intend.

Or did the Rockets themselves leak it?

It isn't as if you can't put the crew back together for the last third of this jacked-up season, with Morey parroting, "We've got to figure it out, BOCK!, we've got to overcome our problems, POLLY WANT A CRACKER."

But it kinda seems the FO let the information out there for a reason.

Unless Morey was walking past the food court screaming into his phone, "YO, Danny! Whatchoo want for Dwight? That's it? Hey, at least let me save face with the Dallas pick? Just a second.....You didn't hear that, okay? Um, nachos and a Coke. Extra cheese; extra jalapeños......Yeah, Danny, damned vendors in Toyota Center are so slow you'd swear they work the DMV as their day job. Anyway..."

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Tim Frazier LOL.

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Ultimate Bill Simmons, "Who says no" Trade:

Cleveland sends Love for Howard
    Houston send Howard for Griffin
    Clippers send Griffin for Love

Why they would do it:
    Cleveland:
    This is an instant win-now move. I think they know that they shouldn't have acquired Love as much as Love knows he shouldn't have resigned this past offseason. Now they correct this mistake and solidify their rotations by acquiring Dwight Howard. Can you imagine back in 2011 that LBJ and Howard would be on the same team together? Those are two of the most imposing players in recent NBA history. A motivated Dwight will pay HUGE for them, especially in the playoffs. I think Irving and James would use Howard a lot better than we did.

Clippers:
    Obviously, they lose the best player in the trade. But acquiring Love should make the Thunder and even the Spurs and Warriors pretty mindful of the Clippers. Its a power move. Griffin is the best player but he is also the one with the most baggage, especially now. Love and DJ would be good together and picture a lineup of Paul, Redick, Stephenson/whoever, Love and DJ. Pretty terrifying.

Rockets:
    Get the best player, though has some immaturity issues. Harden and Griffin, if they get proper leadership and coaching, can grow together and redeem themselves. Griffin becomes the 2nd playmaker Houston needs.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if we blow it up and trade Dwight, the expectation will be from Les and Morey that the team would still compete for the 6th seed, and make the playoffs. Trading Dwight doesn't necessarily mean the Rockets get worse in the short term. I actually think their offense would pick up and they'd at least have a better shot at beating teams by out scoring them.

But are the Rockets a contending team though with or without Dwight?? They definitely aren't without him now, but they might win more regular season games by making it a track meet.

Are they with him? In the playoffs, IF THE TEAM IS PLAYING WELL I think they can make it a dogfight and have a shot. Look they gave GSW a run the other night. There is obviously still talent there to compete, but just a funk of a season.

Either way, its too late to essentially tank. They are going for a playoff birth one way or another. We need to accept that the 1st round pick is likely gone, and if they miss the playoffs then we can sulk from that point on. Worst case scenario they keep Dwight and still miss the playoffs. Best case scenario, a few tweaks here and there, and the team takes off and has a fun playoff run.

Most likely scenario - More of the same. They keep Dwight, make a couple tweaks at the deadline, but barely sneak in the playoffs and get bounced in the first round.

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

Kinda random but what kind of jacket is that? Anyone know? The one's that fit perfectly like that.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's what I see happening as well.

19. eslate22

eslate22 Member

one thing I've come to understand when it comes to Morey and trades is that he makes a trade that no one sees coming so all this Dwight trade talk is to veer away from the the real trade that's going to happen... so I could see Ariza or bev get traded before Dwight

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Cleveland says no. Because they'd rather take Griffin back for Love than involve Houston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.