1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Morey is tied up, same way he can´t trade the free agent he convinced, he can not refused to honor a trade request, even more if he is set on not paying a max (which I agree with).

It´s a shame that both Howard and Harden could not have the maturity to make it work.

It´s a shame that McHale did not dig deep enough to find the tactics to make it work.

It´s a shame that Morey do not understand leadership, maturity are integral part of a high-performance team.

All of these things are sad because you do not trade superstars. And that´s because you don´t get enough back if they are unhappy. As is this case.

I hope we hit the jackpot with the assets we got back, I also hope they recognize how close we are, but how far we are.

1 person likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Rockets need to drop #Pursuit and adopt the slogan At least we're not the Kings

1 person likes this.
  3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Damn, not everything needs to be a paragraph bruh. No one has time for all that. :grin:

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's actually what I'm thinking also, which would suck. They could maybe get Dallas' first rounder from Boston, but not likely anything as significant as they should for a player of Dwight's caliber.

Amazing how fast things can go south.

5. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Nobodies beating Golden State this Year.. Why let Howard walk when he's not enough to be above .500? get something back for him!!

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

DH who can opt out of his contract after the season has a trade kicker if dealt. The kicker today is valued at $600k. Rockets would be responsible and $ would be added to his $22.3m salary for trade purposes. — Bobby Marks

7. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Blow it up!

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Makes sense.

We need to hope a team like Boston is willing to try and pull a "Boston" and will dump all their picks to bring two big names like Howard / Horford. Other than a situation like that, we probably won't get much of a return. Morey knows what he is doing though, so not too worried.

10. CertifiedTroll

Why are people complaining? He was going to walk for nothing after this **** show of a season. We need to trade while there is value. I like Dwight, but he can't win this team a championship. So we need to start thinking about next year, and the uear after. This is the best long term choice.

When Dwight left Orlando and the Lakers, how did those teams look?

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not sure about that. How much will a team give to Howard if he makes it known that he is only going to sign with 1 or teams? I can't imagine anything more then expirings, because he literally will be an absolute rental.

12. BALLhog 247 365

Maybe we should have kept parsons after all

13. nono

nono Member

Howard is of negative value to this team. Getting nothing back means we still come out better.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

They both still suck.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's sad in a way, but it had to happen.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

My disappointment with D12 was his lack of maturity and ability to handle things on the court that cause him to get ejected. His lack of ability to score in the post consistently. Also, his perceived lackadaisical attitude to improving his game. He had one of the top 10 centers in league history to work with and he's picked up absolutely zero from the greatest Rocket of all time. Last but not least, can you please strap up, having 10 children is a definite sign of immaturity.

17. malakas

malakas Member

More than the Dallas first.
    The Dallas first is what I hope to get back for Monroe not Dwight.
    If Dwight has a wide list of destinations and not very big markets and already commits to resign at a reasonable price (25 per) then we can get much better than a mid first.

If Dwight has only 3-4 teams then yeah. Things can be difficult.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think no matter what we should hold out hope for either.
    1) Horford 2) Whiteside 3) Love

realistically no one will offer anything of value and we will have to choose our poison. Throwing away the season and getting little in return or telling Dwight we tried and try to do a mid-season re-tool and hope a playoff push reinvigorates Dwight's love for Houston.

19. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Why trade him? I doubt he leaves anyway. His image couldn't take another PR hit.

He also won't get a max contract from anywhere. I just don't understand....

20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

He is not going to rebuild. So the short answer is YES, he will have a very short list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.