1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He doesn't have to ask exactly for a trade. If that comes out his value goes down. Fegan doesn't ant that to happen because other GM's would not like that.

You can hint at a trade by saying you want max money. Rockets won't pay him max, so they have to get something for him before he walks.

1 person likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

I think Harden coming in camp fat & out of shape ruined everything. Harden's the best player and supposed to be our leader. If he comes in lazy & unfocused that affects the whole team. Magically we get off to a terrible start, McHale gets fired, and now Dwight's most likely not resigning here. Thanks James:rolleyes:

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He will have a job the next day.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Morey will go back into foundation finding mode, which means cap space and picks. Likely also means Ariza and Beverley are not as safe as they were.

Only foundation piece possibly available in this situation is Love. Would be a god send if Cleveland feels Howard gives them a better shot at a title. An offer of Howard, Ariza, and Dmo for Love + whatever they want to dump is the best case scenario for us, although unlikely.

5. Ryris

Ryris Member

I just don't think harden can win a championship with iso ball. if the team is not close and getting better it doesn't matter how good you are. every result besides a championship is irrelevant.

6. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

This makes me sad. Dwight chose to come to Houston to pursue a ring. His play during the playoffs was better than I expected. Last year was the best in such a long time, and expectations for this season started out so high. Today is the day the pin popped the balloon and reality sets in. Can this season get worse? I don't want 14th lottery pick.

I get it. This team is broken, we aren't going anywhere. No one wants to play alongside Harden. Dwight wants a max contract this summer, and can't blame him for that. I saw a different person than what the media wanted to portray. Wish Dwight the best. Wish the Rockets the best in the trade.

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think Beverley is safe. I really don't see a better fit to play along side Harden then Bev

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

what a bad trade that would be

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

All we know about the meeting from last night is this .......

Harden demanded a player who likes to spend his dollas in the strip clubs & Howard said "Nah bruh, I would rather make it rain at Chuck E Cheese"

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is really eye opening. The Rockets defense in general is broken, but this is not a good thing at all. If Cousins (who is horrible at protecting the rim) who is on the Kings (who are the worst team defense in the league statistically) is affecting players percentage around the rim more than Dwight is then just wow. Unbelievable how bad the defense is to allow this to happen.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i do, another shooting guard who can create his own shot.

lets be serious here, Beverley is nothing more than a back up

12. malakas

malakas Member

they counter for Jordan Hill for Dwight.

:rolleyes:

Lol because Hill is not a sexy and known name the disrespect he gets.:rolleyes:

Everyone drooling over Bradley when Bradley isn't even 1/5th of the player Hill is.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Absolutely nobody should be safe.

This is not a "quick" fix... they need a total revamp, including the front office philosophy (or if they are going to implement that gameplan, get better shooters).

1 person likes this.
  14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

This!
    What's just as sad is Howard would effectively be saying 'Houston won't win a thing anytime soon' and Morey basically agreeing.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

So people really do not blame Howard in this? How can u mid-season ask for a commitment to a max contract? The only reason I think it's okay if he really feels the team is not using him right and Harden is tuning him out and he wants out anyway.

16. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

If we land Durant this summer, why not just sign Howard to the max contract like he wants? Is a Durant-Harden-Howard core so bad??

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

those numbers don't account for quick passes past the centre in the post to a player under the rim. Howard can't defend 3 guys like that

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Durant isn't coming to this mess.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I see no reason to believe Beverley is safe anymore.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Durant is not coming here... and sadly enough, this team is so lost that even a mega-talent like Durant is no guarantee to fix anything.

Durant has a better supporting cast (with a better star) surrounding him now, as is... and they're unlikely to win the championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.