1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...dicts-more-technical-fouls-no-fans-attendance

With no fans in attendance when the NBA resumes games on July 30, Thunder center Steven Adams is predicting one area the lack of ambient noise will have an impact.

"You might see an uptick in more technical fouls because [the referees] can hear what players are saying," Adams said on Monday. "Because you see, we like to talk behind their backs. But they can actually hear us now. So there's going to be a lot more Ts. Should be the only difference."

"I don't know who I'd be more worried for, the players or the referees at this point," veteran official Scott Foster told NBA TV in May. "I know I don't want everything that we normally say to each other going out. But normally we're all in a professional manner out there. But it is going to be different."

Draymond Green and Russell Westbrook lead the league in technical fouls this season with 14, with DeMar DeRozan (13), Kyle Lowry (12) and Marcus Morris (12) right behind.

"There's going to be some assistant coaches that we haven't really heard from before sitting in the second row that we'll be able to hear now, so there's going to be some adjustment there," Foster said. "And then I think we're going to need to really talk about and analyze what is OK for the public to hear and how we're going to go about our business."

Thunder coach Billy Donovan, though, doesn't expect to see an obvious difference in the way games are called.

"I do think their total focus is getting calls right, getting plays right," he said. "I don't know if this lack of fans in the building is going to change any of that. They're always evaluating themselves and the league is evaluating them on calls ... I don't see them being impacted by the fact there's not going to be any fans in the stands. I think they're still going to make the right calls."

joshuaao, D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Shams tweeting that there hasn't been a single positive corona test so far since July 11

jch1911, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

No surprise here as this continues to go along

D-rock and The Cat like this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The NBA bubble is more safe than most of the country right now.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

One more reason for the coaches to wear masks. :D

D-rock likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not saying the bubble ultimately will or won't work.

I just wouldn't get super jazzed so far. from what we know so far, basically one slip up can domino.

i certainly hope that doesn't happen.... but to an extent i almost wish it would happen early - now. Not at all is best.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don't know if season will finish (IMO it will) but I am sure looking forward to Rockets basketball in summer. The pandemic has really just taken away a lot of entertainment. Really hope we can make a deep run.

9. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

From the Ringer

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doc is hilarious!

12. amaru

amaru Member

I understand why they came back and I still don’t think it was the best decision from a strictly medical POV. But I understand the financial ramifications and people’s need to be entertained/distracted. Hopefully this bubble will hold!

JumpMan and daywalker02 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You make the concluding statement at the end of the project and not when the playoffs haven't even started.

Enough time till September or October to applaud Silver and his guys.

malakas likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

No I make the appreciative post as it goes along especially when tons of people are waiting for things to go south. And giving credit where credit is due. Whether the playoffs have started or not makes no difference to what was posted

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't direct at you, those guys who tweeted.

Carry on.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don’t see anything wrong with those who tweeted either

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How can we find out if they will be blacked out in our market? I would not mind trying to get NBA TV added to my TV Package, but it would be stupid if I'm just blacked out.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I already said what I had to say. /script

Dun really agree with your optimism but would root for it to finish. Just dun want people to celebrate just yet when teams have not even been close to the end of it all.

So I guess you have to deal with my opinion then.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

The scrimmages for the rockets haven’t been noted on local AT&T sportsnet. So it being blacked out wouldn’t make much sense if it’s not overlapping any other broadcast.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.