1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Most young adults in great shape/no underlying conditions do not need hospitalization.

So having ventilators/ICU equipment on NBA bubble site would not make sense especially in light of potential ER and ICU facilities in greater Florida being overwhelmed if the spike trends toward mortalities instead of just contamination.

But I agree that there are likely contingencies that need further exploration.

If I was an NBA player, I would not take my family to Orlando.

Hakeemtheking and ElPigto like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

amaru likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No sex for 3 months?

amaru and daywalker02 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I said family. ;)

Hakeemtheking, Easy and jch1911 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/on-being-a-chinese-in-italy-during-virus-crisis/

Breh, the textile workers were not predominantly from Wuhan, although they might have had business contacts there.

That's how virulent Covid 19 is, few contacts and you're done.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7125421/

[Italy cancelled flights linking it directly with China on January 31 following the news of the epidemic spread [7]. Some investigative journalists hypothesized, although this has not been confirmed, that it may be possible that the phenomenon of the mass immigration of Chinese workers to northern Italy may have contributed to the early introduction and spread of the virus [8]. Tens of thousands of Chinese migrants work in the Italian textile industry, producing fashion items, leather bags and shoes with the brand “Made in Italy”. They worked in conditions where they were cramped closely together, which would facilitate the spread [8-10]. Reuters and the reporter D. T. Max wrote about this phenomenon back in 2014 and 2018, respectively [9,10]. Partly as a result of this development, direct flights between Wuhan and Italy were introduced. Previous reports claimed that there may be many illegal migrants among those workers [9,10]. Whether through Chinese tourists, textile workers, or through some other route, the novel coronavirus has triggered an epidemic behind the back of the Italian “first line of defence” which remained unrecognized in the first few weeks.]

7. malakas

malakas Member

Who cares how many "confirmed" deaths they have had so far? They will just have them later than others.

I have seen the same old same old story repeated so many times this year.

First Wuhan.
    Italy said we dont have many deaths yet we are safe and different.
    Then they got hit.

Spain said we dont have many deaths yet we are safe and different.
    Then they got hit.

UK said we dont have many deaths yet we are safe and different.
    They they got hit.

NY said we dont have many deaths yet we are safe and different.
    Then they got hit.

Brazil said we dont have mamy deaths yet we are safe and different.
    Then they got hit.

Florida said we dont have many deaths yet we are safe and different.
    Then what do you think will happen?
    With 10k cases a day?

This is the absolute proof of how stupid is the human species.

Florida isnt safe and isnt different than the rest of the world and death is on his way.
    No other way about it. The virus has spread out of control.

And closed the bars?? Wow! What measure!!
    The least he could do is have a total lockdown but its too late for that already.

By the end of July the situation will be so horrible that the NBA will not even start.

SamFisher, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem with that, just said the core workers who worked there pre 2018 were not from Wuhan, the newer Wuhan ones might be even more visitors than workers.

It was just an addition, didn't intend to say you were wrong about it, workers be workers and Chinese outside of Wuhan also contracted the virus, just not as severely.

And there was this theory that the virus made its way to Lombardy as early as October or November of last year.

#1248 daywalker02, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    pippendagimp and RayRay10 like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and there are 200 countries that didn't have many deaths and still don't. your simplistic linear thought process here is almost as puzzling as your need to call everyone who doesn't happen to automatically eat your gibberish as stupid. in fact, now according to you the whole human species is absolutely stupid! :D

and postive tests confirm presence of antibodies, they don't indicate viral load or severity of infection. i am actually open to the possibility of there being a serious problem in florida over the next few months. but i can't say with absolute certainty (like you puzzlingly) that there will be 30k deaths, mirroring lombardy for sure and anyone who thinks otherwise is bird brain stupid.

it's also clear from the data that this virus isn't going crazy in the area where the nba's bubble will be. and should indications eventually point to it being unsafe there, the league and cdc and other authorities etc will likely step in and change course. the sky isn't falling lol

Smacktle, hakeem94 and Space Ghost like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on the contrary bro, link in your post actually corrected some of the data i got wrong, ie. 300k chinese in italy not just lombardy -- thx

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

LOL what? PCR tests are for antigens not antibodies wtf are you talking about?

The countries that werent hit hard are the ones who took early and hard measures until the Rt fell well bellow 1 ,something that Florida hasnt done.

It is like saying that because the best student aced the test it must mean that the worst student who didnt study will pass it too, because the test must be easy.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for Orange County it has reached more than 1000 cases a day with as much as 17+% positives and so have Lake,Osceola and Polk Counties that are breaking records in cases and positive % each day.

I dont need to have foresight to know what will happen. Science is clear. Facts are clear. Numbers are clear.

The virus has spread unhindered and the deaths will follow.
    Whoever doubts that is just an idiot at this point.

RayRay10, BMoney and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think @The Cat is a doctor. Ask him his opinion.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

@D-rock Justin Anderson to Nets (W Chandler not playing)

hakeem94, D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

polk, osceola, lake, & orange counties altogether have 1 new death to report this weekend. your fanatic outrage and frazzled hysteria are truly fascinating

as far as your claim that positive cases guarantee mass death (and that anyone who doubts your proclamation is just an idiot)...

singapore.... 43k cases, 26 deaths
    australia... 8k cases, 100 deaths
    malaysia... 9k cases, 120 deaths
    nepal... 13k cases, 30 deaths
    israel... 24k cases, 300 deaths
    qatar.... 94k cases, 110 deaths
    morocco... 12k cases, 200 deaths

why haven't the science/facts/numbers been clear in these or the dozens of other countries w/ similar stats? could there be other variables involved or is that possibility for sure idiotic? eagerly awaiting your next basketcase reply :D
    #SundayComics #SundayFunnies

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think @RasaqBoi is an insecure little man who struggles at agreeing to disagree, so he gets condescending and personal on the Internet with someone he's never met.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I saw that man!

That sucks, he would be such a good fit on this team.

On to the next guy!!!

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Texas had 10 deaths today from COVID. TEN. 29 million people live in Texas. For perspective, we see about 8-10 auto fatalities a day in Texas.

With fatality rates this low, it's clear that this virus represents simply an illness at this point, NOT a death sentence.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@RasaqBoi vs. @The Cat !!!!!

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Ha. It's not a big deal. He's allowed to have a different risk tolerance than me, to each their own. I'm only pushing back at the ridiculous assertion that I'm making up my own facts. I'm not a medical person at all and don't pretend to be. I take their findings quite seriously. I haven't been outside of my house without a mask since March, haven't been to a work office since then, stopped going to bars, etc. I did a total re-quarantine in late May because my elderly mother-in-law had an elective surgery (and my wife had to go up for a few days to help take care of things).

However, there are some steps that I view as too far. If he thinks differently, fair enough, reasonable people can disagree. But there's no reason to make people into caricatures, i.e. insinuate that they must be proclaiming themselves to have doctoral expertise to disagree. We can agree on what the medical evidence is while disagreeing over the best steps to take as a society in response, and it doesn't make either of us bad.

And if @RasaqBoi wants to talk about it further offline, I'm happy to do it. Same with Sam, or anybody else that I've disagreed with on this issue. I think we can come to different conclusions on some parts without it needing to be a personal beef, that's all.

#1259 The Cat, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    stilldr34amin', Easy, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  20. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

Isn't it hurricane season in FL?