1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Eric Gordon seeking buyout - trying to make his way to the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 26, 2023.

1. i3artow i3aller

How much winning has KPJ done again?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

he won a locker room food fight. poor lockers

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean even his rookie year rockets won like 10 games in a row when he was injured. Like I dunno what games you watch to determine that he isn't one of our worst players. 1 out of every 10 games he flashes super star potential. But the rest of the time he's pretty trash. Nothing to get defensive about. We aren't giving up on him cuz he's still so young and he needs to put on more muscle to his frame. But with all the talk about his work ethic and mamba mentality he doesn't seem to have it at all. Kobe no matter how bad he was shooting would compete on defense. Jalen just doesn't contribute anything when he's not scoring.

4. i3artow i3aller

Funny I certainly don't recall a 10 game winning streak last year.

BigMaloe and YOLO like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

For what it's worth, if you combined the teams record of the teams we beat without Jalen it would be equivalent to a bottom 5 team with only 2 notable wins against ATL and Nets with just Harden.

Green has a long way to go to reach his potential, but using our win % against our tanking buddies isn't as impressive as it sounds

BigMaloe and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

he won the race to the parking lot at half time last year... lol

BigMaloe, Fulgore and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It's like y'all have never seen a developing, explosive player before... and maybe that's because we went so long without having to go through this process. What games do I watch? Not just the Rockets the last 2 years...I've seen this process play out.

Absolute rubbish.

Seriously, Bobby. For someone that has harped about the use of statistics to paint a false narrative... that is one of the most ridiculously out of context statistic you could possibly toss out.

1) The entire team is bad. With him. Without him. We lose games. We're extremely young and stupid.
    2) Sample size.
    3) Who else didn't play in those games?

There are tons of other factors. A W-L record based on 15 games last year + few this year... I am embarrassed for you, Bobby.

Does Jalen Green take a lot of bad shots? **** YES. Nobody would argue otherwise. Kobe also took a ton of "bad shots." Harden was the KING of taking "bad shots." When you start making them consistently, they're not really considered "bad shots" anymore... Jalen shows time and time again that he can make these "bad shots" more than most other players. Being able to take and having the confidence (and skill) to make those shots are what makes superstars and winning players.

And he does give defensive effort most the time. But like every other young, offensive minded player, he has mental lapses -- and he's not physically or smart enough yet to properly position his body.... hmm wonder why... BECAUSE HE'S ****ING 20 YEARS OLD AND THINK AS A RAIL.

Oh, and I just finished Wednesday's game (crazzzzzzy work week). Ya, Jalen is really really bad...

8. HeyBudLetsParty

Miss the days when Morey used to post on clutchfans

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Man this is a weird bump.

cml750 likes this.