1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight doesn't see himself as a Rocket next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Mar 21, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

yeah. The only bad is that he won't fit in the triangle..but they also want to get Rondo. Rondo is also the worst possible pg fit for the triangle as well.

2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Best for both sides...thank you cyberx, next time try to give us something not so painfully obvious, your threads used to have more bite to it.

As for Dwight, i have come to the conclusion he is just stupid. Very low IQ for him to be pouting about not being showcased when he cant work on his fts enough to get to 50%. His post ups are average , nothing he does offensively is above average except getting over the rim, Even then he doesent pick and roll with any authority, or maybe hes just lost that first step explosiveness, i cant really tell because anyone can see hes giving up on us.
    Thats whats most surprising to me, not that hes on a contract year and isnt playing his ass off because hes that stupid. But is he really stupid enough to risk having a whole city hes been working so hard for the past 3 years hate him?
    I mean his passionless showings lately has made me rant on his twitter feed a little imagine what 10 more games like that would cause other gms to think?
    He doesent rotate, he doesent close out, hes constantly in the lane doing nothing on defense. and ofcourse on offense you can always hack him. I loved the dwight of the first two years, but this last stretch has basically erased all of it for me. I dont accept quitters. Hes quit on this team and its fans...so thank you but **** off

1 person likes this.
  3. Texas321

Texas321 Member

I think he's somewhere in the eastern confrence next year. I think He would sign in Dallas if they would offer the money he wants but I'm not so sure they will. I could see Orlando or Milwakee offering him the most.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

meh.

Dwight did as much as he could with as little as this team offered in terms of complimentary pieces around a dominant big. If the players on this team were even above average passers both into the paint and on movement, Dwight would have done more. As it is he showed up when it counted, for all the sharp claws in the thread I say look at the playoff stats and just tip your cap instead of trying to downplay and diminish what he did here, I remember some pretty fun times with him on the team. Good Luck to him.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not Dwight's fault. Front office takes the blame, your typical salesmen during his FA pitch with little to offer.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Was something like this even remotely on the table? Then it still would be.

I would think Morey might have better destinations for Monroe, netting him / us players or picks better suited to this team (i.e., James already plays little to no defense, so pairing him with Monroe would not be a great match).

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good news if true, Dwight is regressing and he'll continue to do so. If he wants to move on, it frees up money for people who will help the team.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Meh... I like Dwight, but his huge salary is much better being spent elsewhere at this time, especially if we can lure in Horford.

9. Raven

Raven Member

I'd like to see him stay, but not with a max contract.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

true but i think our $20M is better spent elsewhere.

capela is catching up to dwight as he improves and dwight declines. i'm ok with capela being the starter and signing a decent backup center. we can probably get similar production at center for less than half the cost. especially if you consider how many games dwight will miss, and his what his production will look like by the end of his next contract, its clear we'll be looking back at dwight leaving as a better move than signing him for that money.

11. malakas

malakas Member

it wouldn't be a good match but it will be a much better match than his last two teams. Because of the shooters. But it will be embracing the worst defence in the league from the get go.

And no it still wouldnt' be on the table, because Milwaukee has too much capspace to sign whoever they want and then extend their own. Everyone expires except three players and the rookie contracts.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight is worth 10 million the way he is playing. Great rebounder, but not much else. His game has really dropped off.

Rockets will not be missing anything when he leaves to be honest.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I appreciate his professionalism and his playoff performances but it is time to part ways. He is on the wrong side of 30, is constantly injured and still doesn't realize that he isn't a franchise player. This season is just the beginning if a Howard/Harden core is what we are rolling with.

In the future, we may want to stop Dream from trying to convince every center that plays for the Rockets that they are franchise players. Not that Howard didn't already think that but maybe if Dream preached "If you get boards, block everything you see and put some solid, serious fouls on guards who think they can trespass in the paint, everything else will fall into place." we would have seen a better outcome from Dwight.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Their capspace is less than two max signings. The $$$ saved could give them Rondo (woo-woo) and another good player.

Of course, they'd be looking for a 2nd round exit rather than an April one.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pretty much this.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Horford (reportedly) wants m-a-x, $30 mil. He's 30, 31. Not necessarily the perfect get IMO.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston is pretty much over this whole thing. They are tired of him wanting to be showcased and posted up and feels he isn't all that valuable. They think it's best if everyone moves on after this year.

Things could change as always, but right now, look like Houston is ready for Dwight to go.

:p

But seriously, as I said yesterday, Houston will be just as happy, if not happier, when/if leaves as they were when he signed.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks, Cyber.

I think the writing was on the wall, even early on. We all have personal beliefs about the big fella, but I think he is/was a solid guy for us. I agree with what Cyber wrote, and I believe that we've misused Dwight for YEARS. Instead of building on his strengths and adding flexibility to his unique skill set, we morphed his game into unfamiliar territory. Dwight *should* have been a 2-way center, but we played him more as a defensive big. That worked for awhile, but if we pushed the offense some more, I can only imagine what could have been. In the Rockets' defense though, Dwight was offered help from the BEST in Hakeem. So, I guess Dwight's inability to peak and find that "prime" we see from centers is partially his own fault.

There IS a market for Dwight, even if ESPN says that no one wants D12. Just because the Rockets didn't deal him doesn't mean there weren't plenty of deals. He still has plenty of productive years left, with or without the Rox.

I fully expect him to go full throttle until we're bounced out of the playoffs though. He's professional and will play until it's done.

In the depths of summer, if he doesn't sacrifice to stay in Htown, look for DH to make a sort of homecoming. It's been rumored since he's matured, but Dwight is loyal to home.

We brought one FreeBird back. It may be time for Dwight and his boy to check in with The A. That's what I've heard for awhile.

#Birds

I've got nothing but love for Dwight. Let's make a little noise in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be surprised by this but I will note that although I have held cyberx in high esteem his whole time here, I feel that almost everything Howard-related has been intentionally miscommunicated to him.

I think Dwight comes back at reduced salary to join forces with Harden and either Durant or Horford. He most certainly sees himself being a Rocket next year as a possibility, just a little less than he did before.

And I'll be glad to have him back at $15m.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to Dwight being "showcased" elsewhere, I'm sure someone will promise it just like Doc did with DAJ and Josh Smith and just like those examples, they'll be lying.

Dwight is good in PnR, but his post game is simply not good enough for anyone to "showcase" even as much as the Rockets already do.