1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Woj reports things he hears from executive and team offices. He doesn't have player sources. That's why he's quite.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The more I think about it, the more I think this is exactly what's going on. If Dwight signs with Houston and the Rockets are unable to clear the cap space for CP3, that is the absolute worst-case scenario for Chris Paul. Why? Because in terms of contending, he has nowhere to turn.

The Clippers, without a drastic move? They're on that mid-tier treadmill. Dallas? Nice owner, but an aging Dirk and not much else, not a contender. Atlanta without Dwight? Basically Clippers East.

CP3's best shot to contend is to hitch his wagon to Dwight. Ideally he could do it with the Clippers, since he loves LA, but he's willing to do it elsewhere, too. My guess is this "leak" is Team Paul's way to see what scenarios teams around the league can come up with... because right now, they don't like their options.

Dwight can be quiet and play things close to the vest, because he has a tailor-made option there and waiting for him. It's not that simple for CP3. Thus I think you'll start to hear these types of stories more and more.

3. arjun

arjun Member

we really have a shot

4. REEKO_HTOWN

Paul want Howard to go be a Clipper. I'm sure of it but that's not going to happen. I don't see the Lakers helping the Clippers in a any way shape of form.

Remember when Lebron wanted to bring Wade to Cleveland but couldn't?

I see Houston with a big shot here. Dallas maybe if Cuban can somehow give up on Dirk and trade him.

5. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Isn't this just par for the course? Didn't they discuss being on the same team last time too? That didn't work out. I can easily believe they're discussing it -- doesn't mean it is that serious of an option. If I were either one of them, I would certainly consider it as well, but just as another one of my options.

Hope they choose HTown though :p

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To me, it all comes down to whether Dwight would be willing to leave the Lakers WITHOUT Paull coming. If he tells Mitch that he's coming to Houston one way or another, then that would open the door for a sign-and-trade in a heartbeat. It's all on Dwight.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Trade everyone except Harden and Parsons to get Howard and Paul here. The bench will fill itself up.

8. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Don't really care if Dwightmare comes here or not. If he does, great. If he doesn't, great too, we have our options open.

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Rodman time to add in someone to the .gif
    CP3
    harden
    CP...BANG
    some random
    DWIGHT

1 person likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F3Fty4ZPyg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How serious are they about becoming teammates next season?

Very serious. They would like to make it happen but as you said, they're in good situations. Chris really likes living in Los Angeles. He likes the situation with the Clippers so it's more likely he stays. The goal would be get Dwight to go to the Clippers. Dwight loves living in Los Angeles as well and would really love to make it work with the Lakers but he's looking at that situation and it doesn't appear to be too promising with the way they use him, what's the team gonna look like next year with Kobe out, at least for a little while so basketball-wise, he knows the Clippers are a better situation as well, especially if he can go there and play with Chris Paul. The question is would that be able to work out? Both of them could go to Atlanta as free agents and Dwight would be willing to do that if Chris would but he's really high on Los Angeles. It's a bit of a long shot, though not completely out of the question that he would up and go to Atlanta.

It would have to be a S&T because the Clippers don't have the cap room. That's what makes it tough. Tough to see the Lakers dealing with their hall mates, sending Dwight Howard to go play with Chris Paul.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Since our scenario depends on a S/T with either LA team for one of them, my fear is it would take Lin, Asik AND Parsons to get it done.

Is the 3rd Superstar worth all that?

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

No, we don't. Its too financially complicated to get done.
    Would be great, but we would need help from other teams. Other teams don't want another superteam forming.
    Isn't the whole point of the CBA to prevent something like this from happening?

13. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

The only place they are going together is the bathroom...you know where Menpis

[​IMG]

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Acquiring a 3rd superstar is worth anything.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

100% yes.

If all it takes is Parsons to become the best team in the West I'd do it.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am concerned about our depth/bench in such a case.

17. pwnyxpress

Oh good, that way Lin and Parsons can stay together. That matters to me.

18. pwnyxpress

Like how Miami was? Seemed to have worked out...

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Completely forgot about that. Thank you.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Asik will be easy to move. Trading lin is the hard part