1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

Fine with me. Rather have the big guy anyway

2. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I honestly don't think bringing in Garnett will solidify Paul staying there. Oh yey we got a 37 year old PF/C on our team now, you just shortened our window to win a championship.

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Good think Howard is a free agent, not a trade asset.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

The Lakers will never let the Clippers have a Chris Paul, Dwight Howard duo. LOL It would be a disaster having their Staples Center co-tenants posses that killer combo. They would rather have Dwight walk elsewhere and blow up their roster and reload for the summer of 2014 and 2015. Still hoping and confident Dwight signs with them of course.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea, but if he gets the opportunity to stay in LA with the Clippers, he will take it.

6. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I think the Celtics trade is tied to Dwight's pursuit though. If they manage to trade with the Celtics without giving up Griffin and Bledsoe, it allows them to make a move for Dwight. This would set up CP3, Pierce, Garnett, Howard on the same team with Doc coaching them.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ainge won't cave, that's the problem.

He didn't cave whenever the Wolves asked for Rondo in the KG package and if he wants Bledsoe, he's going to get Bledsoe or there simply won't be a deal to be made.

If they sign Shaw instead of going with this deal then they would definitely still be in it for Dwight. So basically in my eyes it's one or the other, almost impossible for both.

8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I imagine they would only go through with it if Paul gave a secret verbal confirmation on it. That and they believe his wink winks.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Well, if Ainge wins and the Clippers give up Bledsoe, that's good for us. That would mean they are out of contention for Dwight.

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Really? Because Woj just reported Ainge is caving.
    Good try though.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Really? Cause this is the last thing he posted:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Y! Sources: With a search for Bledsoe compromise, Celtics-Clippers push to complete a Garnett-Rivers deal on Monday. <a href="http://t.co/Tit63B8I8v">http://t.co/Tit63B8I8v</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/346662465121177600">June 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good try though.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From Woj's story it sounds like Bledsoe will stay in Clipperland and that perhaps maybe a 3rd team will get involved? Rockets maybe? :p

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

Paul + Howard pair is not a killing combo at all.

Lakers might love to see Howard fail as a Clipper.

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said.

Nice try.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Say goodbye to CP3 and very likely Dwight. On to the next: Josh Smith anyone? ;)

16. pwnyxpress

Actually read the article quoted in Woj's twitter feed, which you posted:

"The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing possible compromises to including guard Eric Bledsoe into the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal with hopes of completing an agreement on Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett could soon be headed to Los Angeles. (Getty Images)
    Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said."

Should actually read it before making fun of others next time.

Good try though.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's unlikely to stay in Clipperland for long. My guess is that they want to keep Bledsoe in this trade in order to use him for another trade.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I read it and who's making fun of who? Besides you now, n00b.

Doesn't mean he absolutely won't be included in the trade package, like when I posted the tweet it says compromise so talks are still ongoing.

Good try though.

19. pwnyxpress

This is just desperate now. RD was responding to someone saying Ainge would NEVER cave and if he wants Bledsoe, he will get Bledsoe, and RD said nope, according to Woj, Ainge is pretty much caving, which that article effectively shows. It means he's willing to consider an alternative -- doesn't mean he'll accept it. Then you come, probably either not reading the posts before or not reading the article, thinking you could now slam RD. Fail :( We all know what is going on here -- I'd just move on.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Eliminate one possible candidate to replace Doc Rivers in Boston: Houston's Kevin McHale. Rockets wouldn't let him leave, sources tell Y!</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/346677248499253249">June 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>