1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. treeman

treeman Member

LOL, it's all good. Took a little vacation, saw some sunny places, back in the saddle. Carry on. ;)

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Oh good lord, what the hell are you? A damn clippers fan!

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Blake and chandler are best friends which would mean he wouldn't risk our chemistry if we got him as oppose to Howard but I still rather have Howard than Blake but the idea of Blake on this team is exciting to me and let's not kid ourselves Blake us a stud on the court easy 20-10 every night with mchale coaching him who knows he gots some post moves already and Blake does have a good work ethic because he been working on that little jumper and is getting better

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Smith's problem is his team has relied on him this year to create things. That's not him, he's not a point forward, but they've tried to use him that way, especially when Teague isn't on the court as they have no decent pg backup

#444 Aleron, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  5. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I must have not done something right because I added to the tip jar about a month ago and still show just as a member =( lol

6. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Or Jordan, butler and Crawford? I know that would be nearly impossible. In any case, if they were losing griffin they should just offer griffin and Bledsoe in a swap for Dwight and renounce their free agents other than Paul. Wouldn't that work (particularly if they throw in butler or someone else)? If I'm LA and I see Dwight about to walk to houston for nothing I take Blake in a heartbeat.

7. Aleron

email clutch@clutchfans.net with your username and paypal transaction #

8. jocar

jocar Member

blablabla?

9. basketballholic

And there you see.......facilitating Dwight to the Clippers IS a bad idea. Because after the trade talks start and the Lakers see what is coming, they'll just sign Dwight and trade him straight up for Blake. If there are no facilitators willing to help the Clippers then Dwight can't go to the Clips.

As far as facilitating goes....there'll be some other team willing to step up and take Blake and Deandre and offer up future draft picks if it goes that direction. So to beat that you're gonna have to take on both guys and give the Clippers better picks.

And if you get the deal done, you're capped out with Deandre, Asik, Blake at the power spots. Who you gonna move out for value?? Deandre has negative trade value right now. Big money and he's simply not that good of a basketball player. Yes, probably can't find a better player to flip for KLove after next season than Blake though. Soooooooo, perhaps that's the way it goes down.

On the other side of the coin.....Paul, Dwight, Crawford, Butler, and possibly Bledsoe....Clips are tapped out. Got the Room MLE and minimum salary possibilities. If Dwight really considers it in light of winning....Lin/Bev/Harden/Parsons/Dwight/Asik/DMo/TJones.....there's no comparison in that supporting cast. And if Dwight and Paul are a unit....worst case scenario....Paul, Harden, Dwight, Parsons, Beverley, Room MLE, minimum salary guys....no question that's a better team than what he can do on the Clips.

10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

If there is no chance the Rockets can get Howard and/or Paul...we can easily trade for a star using our cap room...for example

Clippers out: Deandre Jordan or Blake Griffin
    Clipper sign Howard

Minnesota out: Kevin Love
    Minnesota in: Deandre Jordan or Blake Griffin

Houston out: TPE
    Houston in: Kevin Love (this can work with any star looking to be traded)

I really like the Rockets to get Love

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Love
    Asik

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

If Lakers and Clippers trade, they will be the laughing stock of the whole sports world and Stern will leave in embarrassment.

12. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Same here. Tried twice.

13. epicbeardabe

epicbeardabe Contributing Member

does it have to be a sign and trade situation or can houston trade to lin+asik to a team that can take on salary for virtually nothing (bobcats maybe?)

i know its unlikely but just wondering if that scenario works

14. Aleron

it could, but Dwight and CP3 would need to take a pay cut of 1.5m or thereabouts each, or we'd need to find a way to completely flush the roster pretty much.

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Basic stats comparison Blake vs JSmoove 2012-13:
    <PRE>Player Age FG FGA FG% FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
    J Smith 27 7.2 15.6 .465 .517 8.4 4.2 1.2 1.8 3.0 17.5
    Griffin 23 7.2 13.4 .538 .660 8.3 3.7 1.2 0.6 2.3 18.0

Advance Stats

Player Age PER TS% eFG% TRB% AST% BLK% OWS DWS WS WS/48
    J Smith 27 17.7 .501 .491 13.6 20.9 3.9 -0.3 4.5 4.2 .075
    Griffin 23 22.4 .572 .541 15.2 19.9 1.6 6.8 3.9 10.6 .196
    </PRE>I did not list others advanced stats b/c there were negligible differences. Blake is a clear winner on offense; efficient player, better finisher at the rim and shooter from all distances, except from the 3's, per hoopdata.com. (Blake vs Josh Smith.) Offensively, Blake is a better player by a large margin. He led the team in scoring in the 3 seasons since he was drafted by the Clippers.

Defensively, JSmoove is better than Blake. How much more?

We know JSmoove is a better shot blocker and weak side defender. He is the anchor of Hawks defense, not Horford, as some might expect from center position. Defensive RAMP is a fairly reliable source for measuring the impact of players have on their team:

11-12 Def Off Total
    Smith 4.9 1.3 6.2
    Blake 1.9 3.7 5.6

12-13 Def Off Total
    Smith 2.3 0.8 3.1
    Blake 1.2 4.5 4.7

In conclusion, JSmoove has been in the league for 9 years and Blake only 3; one is a finished product and the other is still improving. Blake took a huge step this year by improving his midrangers and FT's. I like JSmoove's game and I think he can be underrated by this board. He is a tremendous defender, but one never becomes a good defender without experiences in the league. On the other hand, Blake is severely underrated by some here. No one makes to the top 10 RAMP ranking without being a great player. No one! Blake did it in his second year.

16. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Will try that..Thanks!

17. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I think this is a time when stats don't tell the whole story. A lot of Blake's offense comes from CP3 alley oops or great passes. Offensively Blake's post moves are pretty poor, although improving. In ATL, Smith has to create a lot of his offense which decreases his efficiency on paper. Smith does ball hog a little bit too much for my liking but I think he had a far superior offensive game than Blake.

18. conquistador#11

Wish august was already here. dwight flip flops like every other hour so it's difficult to see what his intentions are, not even dwight knows.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's not Dwight flip flopping. It's the media needing something to write about.