1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I've been saying this long time. it'll be Howard first, informing Lakers he's heading south, thus, force Lakers to SnT to get something in return for DH12. they'll like Lin to be in LA (MDA / Asian Market) and they need a center like Asik's caliber. i think TRob will be throw in too.

then, we keep our max cap room to offer CP3. ;)

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

So Houston can just trade Harden for D12 and CP3. Agree?

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

No way. We should definitely keep Harden. He makes Rockets exciting team to watch.

4. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Lin got traded first in July, then Howard decided to go to Lakers.
    I was quoting from a thread before Lin was traded to Houston last year, and Lin was a factor Dwight might be interested in Houston.

5. spankz141

spankz141 Member

If both want to team up, they will need to take a pay cut...just like Wade/James/Bosh. That should open up some room for other options.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Harden is not going anywhere. What kind of nonsense is this? Can July please just get here already. I can't handle the idiocy anymore.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I feel like he might have been going with the sarcastic approach, but if he wasn't...then LOL

8. jocar

jocar Member

off Lakers forum

9. Fyreball

I hope so, otherwise God help us all.

10. jocar

jocar Member

http://www.lakersnation.com/sources-lakers-wont-agree-to-dwight-howard-sign-and-trade/2013/06/14/

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah sure, watch them cave in if he says he will leave and they get nothing - we have seen this blustering before and teams always cave in.

DD

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

SOURCES SAY: Lakers won't sign and trade Dwight

But hey look: If the Lakers can get draft picks, they will be able to trade for the best PG in the league. Yeah, sure. Little brother (Clippers) would gladly help big brother (Lakers) and hook them up with CP3

*Lakers fan logic*

13. Fyreball

Why in the bloody **** would the Clippers agree to a sign and trade with the Lakers?? Unbelievable.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

just checked the numbers. It's possible but do the Clippers want to help the Lakers with a S&T?

Also the Lakers would have Paul, Howard, Kobe (injured), Nash, and no-one else.

Seems to me Howard in Houston has a better chance to contend.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Have to look at the math, but not sure how such a sign and trade would work under the rules. LA not only has to offer enough to entice CP, they also have to either have a ton of cap room after signing Dwight (not happening unless Kobe is amnestied plus other salaries dumped) or send back enough salaries to match CP's. They also have to finish the S&T under the tax apron. It's a lot of steps to get to that point.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't s&t and non tax mle activate a hard cap that requires you to fill the roster spots whilst staying under the apron?

In other words, if they clear their roster, they still need to keep a few million open to get to 12 players?

Then of course the Lakers would have nothing to give them, and so the Clippers have no reason to say yes

17. jocar

jocar Member

they're discussing it on this page
    http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=161849&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I'm not the one missing anything. You said(paraphrasing) Dwight doesn't want Houston, he wants the East or West Coast. The post you cited as "proof" indicates that Dwight has warmed to the Rockets sales pitch, but its his agent that wants LA or Brooklyn.

I don't care that you have a differing opinion. But opinions need to be based on fact, and your statement doesn't match CyberX's post at all.

#398 DVauthrin, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#399 J.R., Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

From that article, I don't think it's viable to have all three in Houston. I'd prefer Harden to CP3, and hopefully, Dwight will come join Harden.