1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Coach?

[​IMG]

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's gonna be the Lakers. They need a younger PG and a Center. Hell throw in Jones and they now have an athletic team that could actually make the playoffs. Lin will always bring in money

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You may not like McHale but NBA players LOVE him! They want to play for him. Look at Dwight!

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We'll have to salary dump and get raped of our future picks. Not to mention Parsons will have to be packaged and possibly Beverley too.

Don't care, Howard + Harden + CP3. Championship.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. We just need to hope CP3 is ready to sign on Day 1.

Unfortunately, between he and Dwight, he is the one that figures to be less inclined to leave right away.

6. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Yeah ok...much more likely they end up in ATL. Dumping all those guys is much more easier said than done.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man, that is going to make things really really tough.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nice username ;)

9. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Story:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-hoping-play-together-sources?autostart=false

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't the Clippers and the Lakers are going to participate in a sign-and-trade period, pretty much regardless of the package (maybe the Clippers might bite if you include Parsons in addition to Lin & Asik, with Asik or D.Jordan going to a third team), which is why I brought up potential Lin takers. Moving Asik shouldn't be a problem. I'd be shocked if there wouldn't be a taker for Asik. Lin, I'm not so sure, though.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and Clippers/Lakers would simply end up accepting Asik, Lin and whatever minor assets you might throw in there. I just don't see it, personally.

#31 HMMMHMM, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I'm not so sure we can force the Lakers into a S&T. If Dwight leaves, don't they save something like $80m in luxury taxes? They may not want to take anyone back and just blow up the team.

On the other hand, you are right. They could use Lin, Asik, T-Jones and T-Rob.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

NO THEY DON'T, CHRIS.

It is absolutely a travesty that ESPN would hire a ****ing idiot like this that can't even figure out (and doesn't even care to try) basic math principles of the salary cap.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn. This isn't good news for us.

15. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

LOL

Can the Lakers even receive players in a S&T for Dwight?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's what I figured. They probably talked in the sense that Paul is trying to recruit him to the Clippers. I'm sure Howard would jump at the chance, but there's little chance of it happening.

I don't think there's much to see here really.

17. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Sign and trade for Howard

LA receives: Lin, Asik, Robinson

Sign CP3 outright

18. basketballholic

The Dwight/CP3 combo probably would tie into a deal with Boston and a rebuild. We sign Dwight outright. Then we send Asik/Lin to Boston along with one of our other young PFs for ....... Rondo and Lee or Terry or possibly Avery, Rondo and whoever goes to Clippers for CP3.

This move would probably coincide nicely with Doc Rivers going to the Clips as well.

19. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I will be paying a lot more attention to this years draft now with this news. We are going to try to trade players for future draft picks to unload enough money to sign both of them. I think we can do it, the fact that we did the same thing last year with a complete blowup/re-haul of our previous roster makes me think it can happen again.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think it's pretty good for us, when you consider the context.

Broussard seems to be much more involved with Paul's camp than Dwight's. Everything we've heard from Dwight this offseason seems to go through Rudolph, Kennedy, Woj or Stein. Broussard has been pretty quiet on Dwight-related stuff.

On the other hand, he does seem to be tied in well with Paul. Remember, he's the only guy in the media that got the "Paul is angry" story after the Del Negro firing and fallout. And the actual information in this article, which is largely speculative, is written from a Paul perspective. That is, Paul isn't crazy about Atlanta, wants to stay in LA but knows he needs more help from a basketball standpoint, etc.

I think Dwight is actually pretty cool and collected about this. He knows Houston is an ideal spot for him and has the money. It seems like Paul is panicking a bit... he likes LA but knows they're not going to be a contender, as-is. So this article serves two purposes:

1.) Pushes the Clippers to know they need to pull off something drastic, i.e. Griffin for Howard
    2.) Tells the rest of the league to start coming up with scenarios for both he and Dwight

I don't think #1 is realistic for a lot of reasons. And as for #2, I think the Rockets have as good a chance as anyone of creating the room to bring them both in and putting a legitimate roster around them.