1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. lancerthompson

lancerthompson Contributing Member

Chris Broussard tweeted out this morning "Sources: CP3 and Dwight hope to team up next season. Have been texting back and forth to figure it out. Story up soon on ESPN.com"

Houston is certainly a likely destination, but Morey would have to make several moves to clear up enough cap space to land both of the free agents.

Dave, Andrew and I will be talking CP3 and Dwight in a podcast that will be up soon, hopefully. Also we will be putting up links to find the Clutch Fans Podcast on itunes.

1 person likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

First

1 person likes this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Perfect response

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

What about Lin? <<-- hehe Linsanity to the Lakers to reunite with Mike D'antoni to recreate Magic and the Showtime Lakers.. lol

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I wonder which teams have the cap room to take them both???

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Ha. I just posted this on the CBS Howard thread. It says you beat me by 1 min.
    I was trying for 5min. to get twitter to embed!!!

Here it is:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: CP3 &amp; D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back &amp; forth to figure it out. Story up soon on <a href="http://t.co/IRyv1niwQm">http://t.co/IRyv1niwQm</a></p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/345549873761882112">June 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Take Lin and Asik and like it LA.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

F***.

If it's true (this is one rumor that might have legs, Broussard or no Broussard), the two players should just go to Atlanta. Even the Hawks would sell tickets with those two on board.

I don't know if Duh-wight still has hangups about playing in his hometown. If not, we's in trouble, DH12-sweepstakes-wise.

But I'd take Horford off their hands so they can re-sign Josh Smith in the process. :)

I guess I should be talking about how we're gonna trade Lin and Robinson for CP3 and Asik and Whomever for DH12 and build a mega-dynasty, but I'm too old and cynical for that. Although I'm sure Morey's making his phone calls: "Danny (Ferry)? Heeeeeeeeeeey, buddy." (click) "Hello? Hello?"

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You gotta get the eyes moving lol

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

****! I almost spill my coffee. LOL:grin:

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Clippers warmly welcome Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Hawks are the only team with a decent chance of pulling that off. Unless the Lakers or Clippers are willing to do a sign-and-trade with us for Asik and Lin, and I don't see that happening. I have a bad feeling they'll demand Parsons in any S&T deal.

This sounds like either a BS rumor or a pipe dream by Howard and Paul.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't yall think this hurts the Rockets' chances?:confused:

In hindsight, we should have never signed Lin and Asik.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't understand why Dwight is so keen on playing with these demanding ball domineering leaders. The Kobe experiment wasn't enough for him? CP3 has already worn thin on Griffin/Jordan.

I'm not saying Kobe/CP3 should change or they're bad leaders...

... but I am noting that there are all different types of leaders / superstar personalities. Dwight clearly meshes a lot better with the Lebron/Duncan/Hakeem's of the world than the Kobe/MJ/CP3s of the world.

I don't know exactly what Harden is, but he seems like the later, and the rest of the Rockets team certainly is.

Yes, winning cures everything, so he should go whereever he has the best chance to do that, and certainly playing with CP3 goes a long long way. But the Clippers had a pretty solid squad, and still got bounced in the first round.... made it as far as the Rockets did.

15. lancerthompson

lancerthompson Contributing Member

"Hope to team up" is just vague enough for Broussard to write an article about the possibility. Of course they "hope to team up". Who wouldnt want to play with a top 5 center and a top 3 point guard. The only reason its interesting is Houston's ability to clear enough cap space through trades and non guaranteed contracts.

If this were true and they were comitted to playing together there are a few other teams that have easier avenues to signing both. But neither of those teams have a James Harden.

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

So, this is the thread where we talk about finding a taker for Jeremy Lin? Because I highly doubt either the Clippers or Lakers are going to take part in any sign-and-trade with the Rockets for Paul/Howard.

Kings - PG need, might address their PG situation through the draft, though. Still probably the most realistic option(?)
    Jazz - PG need, might address their PG situation through the draft.
    Magic - Longterm PG need, but would probably want to move Jameer Nelson.
    Mavs - PG need, but rather unlikely to help the Rockets out.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Whoop-Whoop!

CP3/Dwight train rollin to H-Town.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope. They know they'll have to make sacrifices to play together and Houston is still in a better position than Atlanta. Look at the coach.

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

They're more likely to team up in Houston.

Atlanta can only accommodate them if they take about $1.5m pay cut each. The whole roster will be blown up except for Horford.

Howard CP3 Harden > Howard CP3 Horford

+we have Parsons and bench
    +no state tax

- we have to dump Lin, Asik, T-Rob, White + T-Jones/D-Mo

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I think the issue is more trying to avoid a SnT involving Asik with LAC since they already have DeAndre Jordan up the middle.