1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Dont count out CLE and Kevin Love for a Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

With the Wood signing, Love actually makes a bit more sense now that we have rim protection. Love can flex between the 4 and 5.

Gordon
    Harden / McLemore
    House / Nwaba
    Love / Tucker
    Wood

Still could use another guard and backup center.

to be honest, I am not convinced this is a championship team. The defense is leaky.

tc0330, Kim, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sheeit man what team wouldn’t?

ickaruto, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I too am not convinced, but god damn that court would be spread. Defense would be a massive challenge.

D-rock likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m glad China didn’t cancel you

tycoonchip, Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Westbrook for Love would be an upgrade with the signing of Wood.

it would be something different in terms of talent around Harden.

James gets to be the ball handler and then you got a great rebounder in Love who can shoot the three and post up to some extent.

Wood if he can keep showing what he did the last 20 games or so can also shoot the three and then be the lob threat for James but also can put the ball on the court and get to the hoop. He’s a very interesting player offensively can do a lot of stuff that guys his size can’t just because of his speed, athleticism ball handling and shooting. He’s got allstar potential on offense (not saying he will be an Allstar at all)

but it would be an interesting big 3 Forsure and I think harden imo plays his best with bigs who can roll to the hoop and finish. The shooting from Love and Wood is what I would be most interested to see. I think it can work.

Throw PJ at the 3 and it’s a good starting 5 on paper. I don’t know about the bench tho it would be depleted to say the least.

Y2JT and RudyTBag like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd rather take back Drummond and Nance.

Love cannot defend Ibaka, AD or Lebron.

tc0330 likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The defense is leaky. Love will make it worse.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Real insiders share news when the news is real... not what they believe. I don't mind him being silent if there really isn't nothing to be said right now.

Dacamel likes this.
  9. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Nance is never leaving Cleveland. And the cavs are in tank for bates mode. Westbrook doesn't figure into any sort of plan they have. Rockets would need a third team.

BamBam likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is astonishing how much D you give up with one trade......the trade of Robert Covington.

And now Tucker one year older.

12. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

That would definitely be a good team offensively. And rebounding-wise. But defense would be very questionable.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

so...in comparison w/ what we looked like las season, the midgets crew, we're getting more athleticism, skinnier, bigger

[​IMG]

14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

With Love/Wood, this team would be very similar to the one Dallas had last year...only with Harden at the helm instead of Luka and a little more defense with PJ and Gordon.

The fit makes a lot of sense with Silas as the HC.

Harden would make this team into a contender during the regular season no doubt, but without a true number #2, the playoffs would be a different question.

#334 Loneyroy7, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    BMoney and Y2JT like this.
  15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Cool

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well the team that Morey created was one that was made to beat golden state
    The problem is that the lakers are the team to beat and we clearly are at a disadvantage with too small ball

Kim likes this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

It's not just small ball...it's being able to match-up talent-wise with LeBron and AD. Harden is there obviously, but he needs someone close enough that he can pull along with him.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i hear you, but, I’m not sure exactly if those guys can guard AD and Lebron. Not overly worried about Ibaka. I personally would have been very disappointed if we signed ibaka over Wood.

I just think the nba is not what I used to think it was. I think fit is big and talent.

that’s why I would rather have Love just to see cause he is just the more talented player to Drummond and Lance.

not saying the fit isn’t their with harden to run PNR with those two and I guess Wood could just play PF.

but I think ultimately Wood is best served at the 5 with Harden because he can play PNR and then you would also have a love who is big and can shoot and rebound and is just in all honesty a better offensive player than Drummond and lance.

strictly for Harden I would like to see Wood and Love I think he was his best the year he avg 11 assist a game so was EG that season. Now our best team was the Cp3 team but I don’t see that kind of option on the table. So go back to the year before with EG Ryno and clint but just better overall offensive players replacing clint and ryno.

if not just tear it down trade harden to Phily for Simmons the nets package is not great imo.

Kim and D-rock like this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We are not that far off right now with the signing of wood. Getting rid of eric gordon for a more defensive minded wing to replace roco is a lot more important than trading Russ and if we get Bazemore. There is just no need for his malcontent attitude. Scratch Love off the list now. We need a real center with woods now.

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t want a big that struggled to shoot ft’s You ain’t got to be the greatest but at least be average. One thing I still loathe about the Dwight era was the hack-a-strategy, so no to Drummond