1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dont count out CLE and Kevin Love for a Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He might put up 40 a night on that team.

Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Russ will average 30-10-10 in Charlotte. They won’t be any good but they might be a borderline playoffs team that will be entertaining. It will boost their identity and tv ratings. That’s the whole purpose of the Hornets interest. Russ will never lead a team to a title as the lead dog but it will be entertaining

3. riko

riko Member

Wiseman potential is way higher then Clint. But yeah he will be a 3 to 5 year project

Vivi, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I really hope you are right about Stone, that would be amazing for all of us Rockets fans.

But need to see it to believe it.

The numbers crunchers and legal team do not necessarily equal basketball ops think tank.

Morey's analytics guys have all left, except for maybe Witus.

Stone was legal counsel before Morey arrived.

Dacamel likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

C
    Can’t remember where I saw the article but it seemed he was literally moreys right hand man during negotiations and pretty much was the numbers guy

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, Wiseman ceiling is supposedly AD if he develops post moves/reliable 3ball or DJ if he was more explosive above rim player. But right now, his skillset is lob threat/rim roller who loves his jumper a little too much.

At 7'0 with 7'6 wingspan he is impressive physically. But I'd still rather have 7'0 Mo Bamba with 7'10 wingspan and a proven 3ball.

All in all, Rockets need a starter at the 5 right now. Harden does not have 3-5 years for Wiseman to figure it out.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where is all this talk of the 3rd pick coming from?

Y2JT, Dacamel, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The hopes and dreams of a bunch of crack pipe lipped fans.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hornets have 3rd pick and supposedly they are willing to trade it for Russ.

Dacamel likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

That was reported?

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor.

Dacamel and Reeko like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wouldn't put much stock in this. If it were true, of course we'd listen. But I'll save the Kleenex and Jergens for now.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like me for example :eek::D

D-rock, Plowman and ThatBoyNick like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

“Y’all got any more of them Westbrook for the #3rd overall pick trade ideas?”
    [​IMG]

snowconeman22, Dacamel, sammy and 4 others like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Who do people want with the 3rd pick? I say wiseman then LaMelo if he’s there which I doubt.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You put him on the weakest offensive player on the floor and try to avoid switching him.

Luckly for us, we have a great player to put next to him in RoCo. RoCo can block shots, Love can rebound.

The second step would be to sign a defensive center, or two. Someone like Noel would be great, or Marc Gasol, we could theoretically get both if Noel would take the BAE, and Gasol the TP MLE.

Cavs won a ring with Love finishing games against the Warriors just 3 years ago, with that moment of Love getting a stop on Curry and everything. And we could always bench him for PJ for certain matchups. If the Lakers are the team to beat over the Warriors, then this problem becomes smaller as well.

Again I’m not crazy about Love, but I could see it working, and would not be against a WB swap.

Dacamel likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree Russ wouldn't lead a team to the title, but in the East he could get them to the finals. Jimmy Butler did it and Russ is better than Jimmy.

18. riko

riko Member

Miami has way more talent then the Hornets

Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

GSW fixed their defense after that series, Love became a huge liability in future series.

Love will struggle against switch everything teams like GSW - they will make him as unplayable as Ryan Anderson became.

Rockets could not even hide Capela after a while and Clint is worlds better as a defender.

Dacamel likes this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree Miami has more talent but Charlotte is a team of all solid role players. Their biggest issue is they have no star. Russ could do something with that team because the East is soo weak.

D-rock likes this.