1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

are there rumors of him being arthritic?

geez... doesn't even bother me because i knew it was a wasted pick from day 1.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but it's quite the assumption you are making and it's not based on any actual evidence. While we're just making wild guesses, maybe he has MS.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The question is how bad is his knee.
    Will this be a chronic thing that will hamper his whole career?

Rocket River

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

"Probably not that bad, just bad luck...full recovery and he'll be back"

-Brian Cushing

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah and its the Texans who have been extremely lucky.:rolleyes:

6. Remii

Remii Member

Damaged goods...???

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you're a texans fan it should bother you. Regardless of what you thought in the draft, as a texan fan, you want whomever was picked to produce. You can not like the pick and disagree with it, but it should bother you that it impacts the team you're supposedly a fan of.

I'm tired of people getting so caught up on who "their" guy was in the draft that they seem to care more about that than the team their supposedly a fan of.

8. Raven

Raven Member

I didn't hate the pick, but I've already written him off as a bust. If he can ever give the Texans any production, I'll consider it a pleasant surprise.

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

I loved the pick and completely agreed with him being the choice.....but he is not making anyone that was on team Clowney feel good right now.

Injuries suck and hopefully he can shake them off and come back strong next year, but right now things seem to be more nagging with him than purely coincidental and unlucky despite what coach OB says.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I liked the pick at the time, but really starting to wonder about it now.

It would help if the Texans would put an end to all the speculation and just tell us what the damn problem is.

11. Major

Major Member

You're the one who made the claim that he wouldn't be arthritic because he didn't have previous injuries - based on no evidence at all. And the basis for your claim - that he'd never had any knee injuries - was completely untrue. The reality is that he's had nagging knee issues for each of the last 3 years, not to mention the foot and ankle injuries he's also sustained, which can affect how you move around and potentially aggravate any knee problems.

Let's not forget this:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../jadeveon-clowney-foot-injury-surgery#4005291

In addition to the knee issues, he's had foot problems - since high school - that he was supposed to get surgery on in the offseason. A surgery that never happened - I guess the hope is that he will magically be better despite it bothering him regularly for the last 4 years.

Over the last 3 years, he's had multiple knee and foot issues, shoulder issues, a rib issue and a sports hernia. Those are all specific newsworthy issues that go beyond usual aches and pains that every player goes through. Either that, or he whines a lot about things that every other player accepts and deals with.

1 person likes this.
  12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He was the first pic in the draft and got paid. He has zero incentive to play through anything that hurts. Football is an end to the means for getting paid and being financially secure for the rest of his life and he has succeeded.

The only hope for the Texans is if he learns to love and appreciate football but that's scheduled for his contract year.

Sincerely,
    Expect the worst case scenario, beaten down Texans Fan.

PS. Rick Smith you b*stard.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd trade him right now for a 2nd rounder next year...I just have little faith that he'll be a monster on defense. I see nagging injuries as part of his career. Get something while you can. Every week that passes, his stock exponentially decreases.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is looking like Tony BUSTcelli 2.0
    That is what is bothering me. . . . .
    I am getting the feeling he will NEVER be 100% again

That he might get to 90% next year and degrade from there.

The information you found makes me wonder about the drafting team
    . . . since I am suppose to think they have FAR MORE ADVANCE information than us common folx
    . . . did they see all that and dismiss it. . .. . not think it was 'that big of a deal' . . . . etc

I think this is why 'trust in the organization they have more knowledge than you' arguments . . .can be irksome.

If they knew all this. . . .they REALLY should have set everyone's expectations better

Rocket River

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Boom goes the dynamite.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was refuting the baseless assumption that he was dealing with arthritis. Anyway, I know that doom and gloom is what you want, so rock on with it. Again, why not start rumors that he has ALS or MS while you're at it? I don't remember what your prediction was, but it's interesting that a lot of the same people who were predicting 4 and 5 win seasons are the same people hoping that Clowney has some sort of catastrophic injury that will end or greatly shorten his career. We sure do have a great fanbase.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

More info on Clowney's knee injury and the potential for arthritis:

and

http://www.myfoxmaine.com/story/27536408/common-knee-surgery-may-boost-arthritis-risk

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

19. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

... who said this? I have not seen this stated one time. Nobody is hoping he gets a catastrophic injury :rolleyes: we all want him to heal and kick ass. Predicting a 4-5 win season after coming off a 2-14 season is fairly reasonable.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I should have said "assuming it's a catastrophic injury" rather than "hoping".

Also, predicting a 4-5 win season based on the schedule and the talent on the team was always pretty short sighted and in no way was "reasonable". That said, it makes sense that fans who were short sighted when it came to the Texans' record would be short sighted when it comes to Clowney's injury as well.