1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Carmelo open to multiyear deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coogie3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

So Morey has been waiting patiently and piling up assets to make "The Trade".

What's even more exciting about this is that Carmelo is not only okay if a deal is done to Houston, but would consider an extension!

Stay tuned Rocket fans! :grin:

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

NYC, Brooklyn... Houston. That's an odd list.

3. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

May God see to this happening if it is in the best interest of the Houston Rockets. Amen :)

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I just noticed how chunky Melo looks in that picture........

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I think we throw in both of New York's picks, which would help us gain some leverage over NYK. If carmelo goes to NY, that makes them better, and they don't get any picks. If he comes here, and we give them NY's picks, NY will suck, and the picks will be high (but hopefully not protected)

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Morey has trixed us all along, he was after Melo, Bosh was just to throw everyone off his trail.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That's a joke, right?

8. ThaShark316_28

No one's using anyone. This is a trade. Y'all have got to stop saying that.

9. tnopham

tnopham Member

i highly doubt we'd give up our starting pg AND his backup for melo.

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

And he was born in Brooklyn.

Melo wants to go to NYC people, trust me.

11. ThaShark316_28

Agreed. But Rockets chances are, I think, legit.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Trust you? Why??

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Here is a question to consider about Carmelo...

He has been playing in Denver for a number of years. Some people debate the advantage of playing in Denver over other cities because of the air, but lots of endurance atheletes (track, etc) train there specifically for that reason because it helps them effectively increase their blood's efficiency.

I know many say this is overblown, but given that many athletes specifically try to train in higher altitudes on purpose there has to be some truth to it.

For that reason, would him leaving Denver decrease his endurance and effectiveness more than one would expect? Also, he would lose the advantage of opponents being much tired at the end of games because of the air? Would he potentially be more refreshed himself at the end of games and be a better closer in a city with a lower altitude?

14. karmapolice119

I hate espn so much heres the "insider rumor"

Anthony also OK with rockets:

Time to add another team to Carmelo Anthony's list.

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated reported on Wednesday the Melo is open to signing a long-term deal with Houston, if the team can offer Denver an "acceptable trade package," according to multiple league sources.

Mannix also confirms the Nets as a destination Melo feels the same way about -- a team we've already discussed in conjunction with him on Wednesday.

To the Trade Machine, friends!

Trevor Ariza would have been a decent choice to send back here, but he was just shipped to New Orleans last week.

But if Denver is just looking for money relief for Melo, Houston could be the best team for them, as they have a few larger expiring deals.

To the Trade Machine!

Anthony for Shane Battier (in last year of deal paying $7.3 million) and Jared Jeffries (in last year of deal paying $6.8 million) would work.

The Rockets also have the rights to the Knicks' first-round picks in 2011 (top-1 protected) and 2012 (top-five protected), so they can add in some draft picks to sweeten the pot.

While the Rockets might not offer the most attractive package talent wise, if Denver is looking for some money relief and the option to rebuild a bit via draft picks, Houston is a pretty solid option for the Nuggets at this point.

----

Are you kidding me? What about talent? Cbud? Hill? Brooks? Kmart? Dumb espn "experts" always overlooking htown

15. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Look at his home and away stats and that would answer your question.

16. anchel

anchel Member

If you get Melo, you bet for Lee as starting SG, defense and stuff. The trade makes Martin expendable. Realistic purposes:

- Jeffries + Martin + Hill
    - Jeffries + Scola + Budinger + 1st pick
    - Jeffries + Budinger + Hill + 1st pick
    ... We have a lot of options.

They have Billups + Lawson, so its unlikely they want one of our PGs. If they prefer Brooks, would include Lawson in the operation.

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wow all I have to say WOW

Hope he doant lead us on like bosh tho.

18. ThaShark316_28

Interesting thought.

Another thing to consider is that Melo is a guy that has the great 2nd half of the season. So I wonder why he starts off shooting below his average then steps it up. Excellent post man.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Melo is overated.....big time.

I would try to get him but not go all in for him.

He has Tmac 2 written all over him.

DD

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am so tired of this statement. Its right up there with "Frachise player", "Batman and Robin", "Athletic Freak", etc.

Not quite sure how you are on the Maggette bandwagon but not the Anthony one.