1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Carmelo open to multiyear deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coogie3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

Has there been any updates since the original article by Mannix?

2. Htown's2kFinest

i have a feeling he is going to the Nets.

3. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

http://tinyurl.com/25f4oh3 :grin:

4. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

If they're really trading Anthony, then they're blowing up and starting over. And they'd probably want to shed Billups' contract as well. We'd have to do Battier, Jeffries, Hill and Martin, plus our Knicks picks. In exchange, we'd get Billups and Anthony. Smart move for them, because they get two potentially high draft picks, a solid asset in Martin, a player with potential upside in Hill, and two expiring contracts in Battier and Jeffries.

Billups/Lowry
    Brooks/Lee
    Anthony/Bud
    Scola/Patterson/Hayes
    Yao/Miller

Since Billups is large enough to guard all but the most adept 2's, we could start Brooks at the 2 for the offensive end and have him guard the 1. He and Billups could split ballhandling duties. Between Lowry, Bud and Miller, we'd pack a nice punch off the bench. If Yao stays healthy (IF), that's a championship team, no doubt.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Ok, so basically not much of his contract is guaranteed, so they don't need to trade him to get him off the books?

Has anyone listened to the audio? I'm trying to get clarity on whether or not Mannix said there are other teams but those 3 are the ones that he knows of. Everyone is saying we are on his short list but if Mannix said there are more then the list may not be short at all. I don't see why Houston would be more attractive over other contending teams, like Orlando for example.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So Google helped find completely worthless fan forums. Do anyone know of any nuggets messageboards that aren't garbage?

7. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

Mannix was on WFAN in NY, he mentioned that he heard from a source that said Chicago was on the list, but he wasn't able to confirm. Then he alluded to the report that Orlando could possibly be on the list.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Ok, so that could be 5?

I see why NY and NJ would be on the list. I don't see why Houston would be but other places, such as the ones you just named, wouldn't be. In other words, I'm not sold that it's just a few places. If the list is like 8 teams then we are probably just getting excited about nothing again.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

ESPN had chicago on a short list of teams, though it was voted dead last. I think chicaho has more to offer then NJ, NY, and Orlando, they might even have more to offer then we do, and I'm sure Melo wouldn't mind playing with Boozer, Noah and Derrick Rose. I'm just thinking, if the Bulls can't get him through trade, do they have enough cap space to sign him outright? And another thing, Melo seems hellbent on playing with a quality big man(Yao, Lopez, Boozer, Howard, Amare) would he changes his mind if Denver pulled off a big trade for a high caliber center?

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just for the record, i actually think he's going to NY, but i'll play along. :)

11. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Who cares about Chris Bosh or Carmelo Anthony when we have Daryl Morey?

signed,
    the nerdizens of bbs.clutchfans.net

13. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I believe Mannix said those are the only 3 teams that he can confirm and there will probably be other teams in the Melo derby.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I also think that could be a real possibility. If the Nuggets could get Favors from the Nets, I think they could convince their fans that they could be getting a future superstar to replace Anthony.

15. Kam

Kam Member

Ive bee keeping tabs on this thread all day.

Now I see it stickied. What happened?

16. ArtV

ArtV Member

He's not the one starting the rumor - Denver is. And if that is true, I'm sure Denver has told him to keep his mouth shut if he does want to do a NYK SnT which would benefit ($) him getting more and getting in before the upcoming CBA.

Out of the 28 (exclude Denver and NYKs) teams - why does CARMELO just so happen to choose the 2 teams with assets and wanting to trade? I can see why he wants to go to NY if he thinks they will also get Paul or Parker to form their own big 3. But I think it is strange that he'd chose the Rockets and Nets. Think about it. He doesn't think Denver can win it all but he thinks the NETS can???

I've been a Rocket fan since 81 and I'd love to be wrong plus I think we need an alpha dog. But this doesn't add up as a statement coming from Carmelo. The Rockets are still a ??? to those outside CCF. I just don't think Carmelo would want to lock himself in if Yao retires and Kevin goes down. And I really don't think Carmelo thinks he has a better chance winning as a Net.

The good news is, if the Rockets do play along and cause NY to give up more assets to get a SnT'd Carmelo, that makes them weaker than if they got Carmelo and kept all their assets.

17. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I was wondering the same thing?

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think he's from Brooklyn originally, and that's where the Nets are(eventually) going to be moving to. Plus their team is rivaling New York's, they have a good big man like New York does, and one of the better point guards in the league. Plus, the Nets really don't have a history, so Melo could be THE NET. He could be THE player that goes down in Net history. Unlike the Knicks, who have a share of legendary players.

19. Kam

Kam Member

There's this dr guy..

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

***** b*tch if you don't think Jason Collins gonna go down in Nets history..!

Dr guy!?? What the F

Tutter.