1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Brady done with severe knee injury

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thech0senone, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Chris Simms???

oh snap oh snap oh snap oh snap oh snap

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

If this is true, I dont want to hear any crying by pats fan. The Patriots have had the best luck in terms of player health over the past about 3-4 years, which has translated into their success.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Oh lawdy. Fine then, I'll be the disgusting one in the corner celebrating this injury along with fans of other AFC East teams bar the patsies.:rolleyes:

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Brady: It's not fun anymore when you're actually getting hit. :(

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't feel bad for him
    [​IMG]

6. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

That's the first thing I thought. Culpepper will be signed by Wednesday.

7. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I can't believe people are actually happy about this, its not like its a Manning that got hurt. At least the Cowboys won and the Colts are losing, something to salvage from a sad day in the NFL.

8. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFpX8rD-SxE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFpX8rD-SxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wow, this really opens up the AFC this year. How wierd would it be for the Jets to take advantage of that weak division and make some noise with Favre?

Oh, and a lot of FF teams got killed today because I can't think of any league where Brady made it out of the first round.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i tried not to laugh, but that was kinda funny.

anyhoo, it opens it up for everyone in the AFC. Pittsburgh looks pretty strong after they handed the Texans a steel ass whooping.

i'm sure san diego can bounce back.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You have to think it also devalues Moss.

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Chargers lose to the Panthers at home, and now the Colts get embarassed at home by daBears. Pittsburgh is looking real good right about now.

BTW, the Colts stadium is UGLY as hell. Looks like some kind of old tire factory or something. yuck.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think the colts stadium is nice.

I cant wait to see it host basketall games.

14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

QFT.

I don't care how you feel about any particular team, player, or coach. Losing one of the best players in the league for a year, especially after what happened with the Patriots last year, sucks for the league and fans of football, in general. I know Using basketball as an analogy, I would be disappointed if Jordan, Magic, or Bird went down with a season-ending injury during their prime regardless of who my favorite team was.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm one of those that starts to hate a team when "they win too much", but wishing for or celebrating something like this is bottom of the barrel stuff.

-If spygate had new, smoking gun, revelations that resulted in the Pats being playoff-ineligible and Belichik got suspended for a year.....no problem. Cheat --> Punished.

-If Tom Brady publicly went douche, say holding his long-time team and city hostage to force a trade or pulling a Chad Johnson for a year.....I wouldn't shed a tear seeing him go down. Karma.

-Cheering Tom Brady going down simply because you're sick of the Pats winning is weak, since (as mentioned) you're now missing out on a truly great player in his prime and one of the greatest (semi-)dynasties in the history of the sport. There was plenty of Cowboy backlash in the early 90s, but they were one of the great pieces of NFL history. Additionally, there's a chance that Brady won't be quite the same again.

-Cheering the injury because it opens up the AFC is equally lame. You want to see a team win it all because they went through the best, not because the road got cleared out for them.

I get hating certain teams (I LOATHE the Redskins)*, but the NFL season lost luster after yesterday.

Evan

*Don't take that to mean I'm a Cowboys fan. I grew up in VA.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You can walk on a torn ACL. Baron David played like two minutes while he was at UCLA with one before coming out of the game. He was being assisted also (Brady). They announced he was done for the season and put him on IR so it's not made up. If you look at the play you can tell it's severe. Not to mention all the players saying how he was screaming and yelling. My guess is that it's actually more severe then they are letting on

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'm sad to see brady injured; I would have liked to see the steelers pound the patricheats at 100%.

The guy only has a couple years left before qbs generally have a major downhill slide.

p.s. bill simmons caused this. I have no idea how, but I'm sure he'll take credit for it.

18. Asian Sensation

Since Brady is officially out for the whole season does this mean we are going to see Daunte Culpepper get his roll on?

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Didn't Caulpepper and Moss have a nasty breakup? Always so sad when 2 lovebirds have a spat.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

This offseason there was talk of them 2 reuniting on another team. I guess they have patched things up.