1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Texans plan to cut Andre Johnson if he refuses pay cut

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by joeson332, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Regardless of how it turns out, I think it's time to stop insulting Dre for the times he hasn't been happy. This team hasn't given him a whole lot to work with. It's pretty much a SB move to call him anything less than the greatest Texan who's shown more loyalty than 99% of the other players in the NFL. The guy was the best WR in football for about 3 or 4 years. That's unheard of, especially when he only had a decent QB for about that much time.

And before we start calling Watt the greatest Texan, let's see if he's with us in five years. I feel like he will be, but Dre has already done it. Class act dude.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

eff Bleacher Report

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Just because he's willing to take a pay cut doesn't mean it's going to work out...he needs to take a significant pay cut, not one or two million a year. Just depends on what Andre has in mind with that.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he probably realizes that his value to another team isn't that high now that he's visibly declining and I think he'll do what it takes to stay here. Obviously I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that he wants to uproot himself while making less anyway going somewhere else. He might as well stick around.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, i really hopes he decides to stay regardless of pay
    i grew up watching him, and I really want him to retire here

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...t=bf5f9e5e3dd8ff4dd2&cmpid=twitter-premium#/0

Good read on #80 and who he is.

Also, there is a lot of unfortunate phrasing lol

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I guess it really depends on where he sees this team going.

I think BOB is an awesome coach. Hopefully, we keep him around for a long time.

Praying Mallet ends up being a stud.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson,responding 2report he's willing 2take pay cut next year:&quot;I don’t know where that story came from.I didn’t make that statement&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/548573540933328896">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson on report he's willing to take pay cut next year: &quot;I never made any statements about no pay cut. Nobody ever approached(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/548573579009224705">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Andre Johnson on report he's willing to take pay cut next year: &quot;...me about a pay cut. I’ll cross that bridge whenever it comes.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/548573638325055488">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>While Andre Johnson's uncle is quoted as saying Andre wouldn't mind taking a pay cut, Andre says the 2 have never discussed it.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/548573698974687232">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  9. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I hope he says no to a paycut. **** the texans. If they had a real QB AJ80 would be worth every penny. Go to New England Dre and finish out your career as the second most prolific wr in nfl history. Maybe even get a ring.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are so dumb.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Texans are bad. They made the playoffs because of head coaching changes, lockout, Manning, etc. It only took a couple years for the division to adjust.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

so I was right?

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

?? We're playing for a playoff spot in week 17. That's not what I would call a bad team.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seahawks are bad.

They won the super bowl because of head coaching changes, good defense, Russell Wilson, etc.

15. conquistador#11

2o1o packers are bad they only won because the chicago bears didn't want to exchange the turnovers rodgers kept giving them.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I love Andre Johnson. I hope he finishes his career as a Texan. He has not played to his contract this year. I think a compromise of halving his cap hit would be amenable to both parties. Andre will not be pulling $8 million a year on the open market.

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

AJ will be taking a pay cut next year no matter where he plays. I hope he is still playing here, but dude has really dropped/muffed a lot of passes this year; which is so unlike him. It would be great to see him have a big game this Sunday and end the year on a positive note.

18. tmacfor35

His uncle really sucks at negotiating! LMAO! Please not be true! Please?

19. conquistador#11

lol andre's uncle is like the christmas vacation's uncle eddie.

20. tmacfor35

Not only did Johnson get worked on every deal he ever negotiated.

His Uncle basically committed suicide on leverage.

Hand has been dealt and now he will hope that McNair pities the situation and Ante up a Gentleman's offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.