1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Texans plan to cut Andre Johnson if he refuses pay cut

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by joeson332, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I expect him to post amazing Fitzpatrick highlights and tell us that DMo is better than Dwight

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If McNair talks you guys kill him, if he's quiet the media kills him. Probably some of you as well. Lighten up, he didn't say anything crazy, Dre's really old considering his profession.

3. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Why is this thread still active?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

New Colts fans hyping their new addition at WR.

5. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

The question to me isn't about how old someone is but how productive. Dre is not done being productive in the league yet at least in my opinion. Now how productive that's a debate I agree with people about. But to say he's washed up RIGHT NOW is crazy.

2ndly why are people unable to believe a WR can be productive late in his career? Jerry Rice played till 40. TO late. Hell Steve Smith had a helluva year last year. That's why I was personally pissed. Because I see Andre being tremendously good for a long time still if he so chooses to be. I know this may sound crazy to y'all but even with the lack of QB situation here did you all know if he was to play as long as Rice he can potentially break his Rec Yds mark. That's unbelievable and why this thread is still alive. Because deep down we really don't know how this will play out. I personally wish him the best however and all emotions aside now agree that this was the right move for the Texans because you can't justify $16 million on the books for him this year.

However for the record I would have renegotiated with him to take half that while signing him to an extension to finish out his career here. He deserved that and we could have prevented losing him to the Colts which is now a major double whammy blow. All the best still to him.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

wtf? are you trying to be edgy or something? I get that Andre isn't a Texan anymore but he is still the best player in our franchises history and one of my favorite players of all time. I don't hope he burns us, but I sure as hell don't want to pay to see him get layer out by the his former team that he has given so much to over the years. I mean I'm not a ****ing sociopath.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I don't see why everyone all the sudden thinks Andre is way over the hill. He is one year removed from two straight 1400+ yard seasons, and while 85 grabs for 936 yards isn't great for a hall of famed for Andre Johnson, I don't think many other receivers would do that much better coming of a 2-14 season with 3 different mediocre QBs. If you think Cecil Shorts will completely replace AJ's production, I think you will be wrong. I'm not saying the Texans should keep him, but they have handled this very poorly. Completely unprofessional and it's honestly pretty embarrassing. Oh and to the "true Texans fans" who think it's cool to hate Andre Johnson now, there is no rule that you can't like any players that are not on the Texans. You look less like a "true fan" and more like an unappreciative brat.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

If you think its cool to like AJ after he leaves the Texans and you pull for him against the Texans then more power to ya but its you thats not a true fan. Apparently alot of you AJ nad hangers are forgetting the fact that he wanted out last year and then proceded to suck butt throughout the year. It wasnt managements fault to cut his play time it was his. He just didn't warrant the big money anymore especially since he was becoming a diva and a distraction to what O'B is trying to do here. I appreciate what AJ did here but its time to move on, get over it.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

^ lol now you can't like andre since he left? yall are crazy. im not going to cheer for him to do well against the Texans but he will forever be Mr Houston Texan to me.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Andre deserved better than the garbage he got playing for the Texans pathetic organization. I hope he has 1500 yards. The fans deserve better than the crap the Texans organization has served up under McNair.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who cares? Get over it.

The guy is still the best player in franchise history and was instrumental in practically all the good memories I have of this franchise so far. Good on him.

Now, we have other great players on our team like JJ Watt and Arian Foster (I know, not for long) and possibly Deandre Hopkins. Maybe we can eventually add Clowney to that list, who knows.

Let's just all move on. It's over and done with. Christ, what are we Cowboys fans? Dwelling on the past...

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Please. He got paid at an elite level... and would require to continue to be paid at an elite level to keep him, despite the high likelihood that his best years are behind him... and that cap figure would be at a detriment to the overall team.

Letting him go was a complete no-brainer... more-so than the 49ers letting go of Jerry Rice and Joe Montana, or the Cowboys letting go of Emmit Smith. (players who were far more iconic, for far more iconic franchises).

Also, there have been many more "crappier" franchises in the NFL since the Texans came into existence, and some of these "crap" franchises were struggling for decades prior to that.

Texans fans seem to get more pansy-ish by the season.

13. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Despite all of the good points made here, why IS this thread still in the "Houston Texans" section? All of the Chandler Parsons threads got moved prett quickly, but for whatever reason we're still here arguing about a player who wasn't worth his contract, and got let go.....

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Because Parsons is a douche

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm not saying you have to root for him to go off against us at all. I'm certainly not hoping for that. It's just the complete disrespect for the best player in our franchise's history that is ridiculous. There is no rule that you have to hate every non-Texan. I thought our fan-base was ridiculous when we were cheering on Matt Schaub's injury. Now we are not allowed to like Andre Johnson and wish him success? Do I also have to hate Hakeem Olajouwon because he left the Rockets for a year?

16. Buck Turgidson

If Hakeem went to the Jazz then you would have a good comparison. Also, Andre, as great as he was in Houston, is no Hakeem. Wanting him to have success this year for our biggest rival is befuddling to me as a Texans fan.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously why hasn't this thread been locked up yet? Make the Colts fans go to the general NFL forum to root for their new guy and let's have the Texans forum for Texans players and Texans related issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.