1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: John Wall don't feel valued or respected by Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

My source comments:

Wall's enthusiasm has dropped a few tenths since Harden has shown no interest in staying and accomplishing things together, he dosent feel valued as a "basketball player" by Harden and that hurts. Organization staff heard John yell as he went to get his car with Cousins: "I'm better than Westbrook, damn I'm better and we could do great things here." (He said it screaming into the air, talking to Cousins but as if he wanted more people to listen)

From that day, Monday the 14th, Wall has begun to speak in the singular, leaving Harden out of his plans and considerably diminishing his enthusiasm. They tell me that the current situation is very difficult because it divides the team into "groups" whit not the same objectives, on the one hand there are Harden and Tucker with their personal battles and on the other the rest of the team trying to create chemistry and compete.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just focus on yourself and what you’re trying to accomplish with the Houston Rockets Mr. Wall

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My sources are the 1984 Guinness Book of World Records - that fingernail guy is gross!

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Feel bad for wall, but not sure if this is personal from Harden either

Highlyrated and Dacamel like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i guess this is what is meant by being willing to get "uncomfortable". Fun times with more to come.

Wall and Silas deserve a chance.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You dont say.gif

whag00 likes this.
  7. napalm06

It always was. Its personal against Tilman. For PJ, its personal that he thinks he deserves a big extension the same year that Battier retired, Ariza was allowed to walk and Artest went to China..

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wonder if he's mad I don't value him as a basketball player either. Probably not but I AM a 99'er.

9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Wall is better the Westbrook that’s facts. Let’s make us the loved comeback team vs the team everyone hates because of Harden.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah but it's not personal against Wall. Don't Harden has anything personal against anyone on the team

Highlyrated likes this.
  11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I don't know about the legitimacy of the story but you could tell there was some tension between Wall/Boogie and Harden vs the Spurs, which is completely understandable.

Harden seemed to be going out of his way to "mentor" a guy like Tate, who's probably the only one who's going to make the team that's going to listen to him (besides G.Green, who's just an all-around good guy). Boogie seemed annoyed with a bunch of Harden's lazy entry passes.

12. napalm06

I agree, but Wall and Silas and everyone else will be collateral damage to his vendetta.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morley leak, trying to put pressure on Stone. Don't fall for it period. If it gets that bad, tell Harden to stay home ala Iggy. But stay strong!

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Definitely shouldn't be viewed as personal from Wall but it is pretty shitty if Harden never fessed up to Wall that he 100% wants out of the organization and didn't tell him why. John Wall deserves that. Let's hope Wall just goes out and plays his game and the rest of the team tries to drawn out any of the noise from Harden and Tucker. We all know Harden and Tucker love to compete and hoop so let's see if the rest of the team can get them more engaged naturally. Don't force it!

On another note, I am sure Cousins feels slighted a little too but hasn't really spoken up about it. He seems kind of like an afterthought on this team but the dude has so much talent. I hope he can recapture it and prove any doubters wrong.

15. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

My goodness all of these fake insiders are exhausting.

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I saw Cousins left Harden hanging a couple of times.

Highlyrated, Rudyc281 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  17. riko

riko Member

I genuinely feel bad for wall. The Rockets just need to do a trade because this is not helping anyone the longer this goes. Wall is like a jilted fan.

Boston84 and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah they were fine. They haven't played together in Silas system, so as with any players playing in a new system that never played together before besides pick-up ball, it looked like there was no chemistry. Same with John and Harden that seemed unsure what to do yet. If Harden is here for the year, I'm sure they will get it together at some point.

JumpMan, HakeemOnlyFan, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean it's obvious Wall's tone completely changed from the first media session he had when he was initially acquired. After wall talked to him again, in and around the Harden's time in vegas thats when he and everyone else knew, harden's intentions of still being moved were still his preference. Because it instantly went to James is going to do what's best for him. Wall has always been a prideful players who thrives with motivation.

Didn't really need sources for that. That's just putting 2 and 2 together

#19 YOLO, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

except that its not....

james and russ were the highest scoring duo OF ALL TIME. who is better this year ? well we dont know yet but all time wall has never been on WBs level.

Loki27 likes this.