1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I agree with that. My question was really originally just about how valuable his post game really was to us. That got pretty well answered, but then the conversation went in a few different ways and it seemed I was arguing with people I didn't disagree with. I'd pay a healthy DMo $15M, so I really liked the pre-injury DMo. I think i am on the farther end on concern about injury than most though, it seems. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DMo is treated like a borderline rotation player in terms of signing importance, probably signed last but not least and how is that for his self-esteem?

3. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

[​IMG]

DMtheGM likes this.
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Here is where my biggest disagreement comes with people against signing DMo. Signing the biggest injury risk in the league addresses injury concerns more than nothing (i.e. essentially the amount of value to NBA team a guy provides while being with the Vipers). Not signing DMo guarantees that DMo isn't on the bench when someone gets hurt that is already on the roster. Signing DMo gives a chance greater than nothing that DMo is on the bench when someone gets hurt that is already on the roster. DMo gets hurt...it is just like you didn't sign him.

The choice is DMo versus essentially nothing. Not DMo versus a healthy rotation big as the Rockets choice with DMo's bird rights is DMo or nothing.

Easy, DMtheGM and bacliff like this.
  5. oakdogg

Jus to clarify, I am not opposed to signing DMo. I was simply stating that signing DMo should not check the "depth" box. If we have a depth concern before signing DMo, that concern will not be alleviated by signing DMo.

I agree with what the Rockets are doing. Get in mind how much injury risk DMo is and let that inform your offer. I don't know how big of an injury risk he is - I don't have the info NBA teams have. But from the limited, public info available to me, my guess is he is a very big injury risk.

6. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Hahaha rox11 should have said not to ask.

7. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Yes exactly! Well put. Thanks. Like signing dmo might totally backfire and he may never play well and never help us. But not signing dmo will mean he will also never help us. Since we have his bird rights we can go over the cap and pay him more than we could to get another quality big

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Injury or not, Dmo is not worth 15m, he is probably not worth 10m.

He is not a significant difference maker.

bacliff likes this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yes I quoted $12 million earlier, but I think $10 mill is closer to true worth - and that's including the injury risk. Pre-injury D Mo is worth 12-15. Post-injury, probably 8-10.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Dmo isn't worth double figures. At this point he's not worth more than maybe $7-8mil max. Can be a solid player but way too overvalued by people on this board for someone with numerous flags and done little in his career

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

But also at this point, I think the team is more focused on paying him his market value (somewhere below $5M, apparently) instead of his value to US. It would be nice if Les would cough up another mil or two and just get this thing done.

All of you who say DMo isn't a top rotation guy seem to be forgetting that he was our starting center while Dwight was down two years ago and helped get us to the WCF. Had he not been injured in the playoffs, we might have given the Warriors a bigger scare.

slothy420 and Snow Villiers like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Have you seen Harrell out there? This bench is trash without Dmo.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

The results wouldn't be much different. Would he may have helped? Possibly but the results would likely be the same. Dmo's role just isn't that significant to make that huge change in impact. Similiar to the ones who believed Beverley would have changed the series had he played GS to guard Curry the first time. We all saw what happened when he got that chance. Players like them just aren't able to move the needle enough to be that difference maker in the end

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Well said.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

In regards to all players that the Rockets can acquire for nothing that are not currently on team...who helps the depth the most?
    Motiejunas [ ]
    Nobody [ ]

What is Dmo's injury risk for the Rockets? He doesn't play. As long as Rockets don't sign him to a big multiyear deal, the Rockets are "risk"-ing essentially nothing. The injury risk may be big for DMo, but all signs are that he wants to play. Using the perception of Morey's caring for players and paraphrasing Ivan Drago, "If he gets hurt, he gets hurt."

topfive likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Truth is Rockets need DMo as much as DMo needs the Rockets but both parties trying to be alpha instead of reconciling their differences, shaking hands and joining forces.

17. oakdogg

Dude, for the billionth time - I never said not to sign DMo. Geez

18. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

What the hell is going, just sign the guy or tell him to F off. It's like a week before the season starts and this dude hasn't gotten a lick of team practice in. I'm a DMo fan and really want him back but this just stupid

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

It's not our money being spent so I don't see why we should be Criticizing. Some people say stuff like "just toss him another million and let's get this over with" when most of y'all would fire your lawn guy if he wanted $10 more per month. Let the Rockets handle this. They know what they can and can't afford which is why they have been one of the only teams each year to generate a profit. Y'all need to take some notes.

bulkatron likes this.
  20. hooroo

hooroo Member

That'd be OK for one year as long as it doesn't put the Rockets into luxury tax and all the disadvantages that go with it. Need a big contract/s to trade for even bigger contract.