1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. vick

vick Member

Looks like Morey forgot to tell Dmo he was going to sign a contract.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Likely between Ennis, Brown, Witjer, Onuaku, and Harrell.

Alot of that depends on performance these next few games if they get PT (Harrell, Ennis, and Witljer most likely to get PT). Out of these 5 guys, Onuaku seems to be the biggest longshot to be a productive NBA player, but I think given the upside (and fact that a draft pick was used to get him) he gets at least a half season in the D-League and a short end of the season stint getting a few minutes here and there with the main squad to see what kind of player he's going to be.

If D-Mo signed TODAY, I would have to think that Brown goes. Harden, Gordon, and Ennis can handle the PG spot in the meantime, and Bev will be back at some point. Much like with Troy Daniels with the Rockets his first year, I think Wiltjer has more potential to get SOME minutes this year when they simply need shooting plain and simple. Like Daniels, he can't do much else at this point, but for the Rockets its enough to have value in year one to get PT. I don't see Brown as more than insurance for your insurance.

*However don't lose sight of the fact that the Rockets haven't yet used their ability to waive and stretch a player so its still an option, if they can't trade Brewer (which I think they can), to waive him, and stretch his salary if they want to preserve a Wiltjer or Ennis if they sign D-Mo.

oelman44 likes this.
  3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This thread needs to die. It may have been started with good intentions, but it is just a really bad thread.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

D-Mo for three Mo.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, you're the bad thread -- Donald Trump

6. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i don't understand, isn't our roster set at this point? Are teams supposed to submit their final roster to the league before the season starts? we already have 15 man on the roster, where is the spot for DMO?

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They will cut Brown, Wiltjer or Ennis to make room for him.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or make a trade (two-for-one, three-for-two) that cuts the roster by one......then sign him.

Snow Villiers and heypartner like this.
  9. heypartner

Or one-for-future pick... e.g. Brewer for a 2nd round pick.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Have we seen yet?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You mean Brewer and a second round pick right? Cause even the worst GM in the league will not give up a zero net value asset for Brewer right now.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You make a great point!

heypartner likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I could see Brewer and a second for a conditional (and unlikely to ever have to pay out) second, maybe.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. heypartner

Ah, yes. Like the ol' Lin plus 1st and 2nd Rounder for the rights to Sergie Lishouk trade...whose rights we then flipped for Corey Brewer.

Then we got Lishouk back again, when the Clippers desperately sent Josh Smith back to us.

What about Brewer and the rights to Sergei Lishouk for the rights to Maarty Leunen.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The road to hell was paved with good intentions.

oakdogg likes this.
  16. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Make this Thread Great Again!

heypartner likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this just in . . . my sources tell me that Darrell Moray is putting the finishing touches on a sign-and-trade DMo for Rubio swap. honest.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

IMHO, DMo should have signed the QO - DM is not going to budge on his deal, and 4.4m for 1 year is pretty good and he will thrive under Mike D'Antoni.....

It is his call, and it sure does seem like that trade pissed him off with the org, can't really blame him....the problem for him is the 1 year QO is off the table so DM may say...nope it is a 2 year deal with the 2nd as a team option take it or leave it, and DMo would be stuck.

DD

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not sure if serious

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

DMo can go play for the Hell Raisers....in Hell. He won't be a factor for a while even if/when he comes back. He's not in "game" shape because he hasn't played in preseason games, he doesn't know the offense/defense, and he doesn't have any chemistry with his teammates. At this point, I couldn't care less if he signs.

pippendagimp likes this.